DERBY v Sheff Utd - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 16:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Sheff Utd

I have a week off work, so for a change I will be at a mid week game, can't say I'm overly looking forward too it though, the atmospher is not going to be nice. and I can't see us getting anything of Sheff Utd.

Trying to be positive Moore and Silva at least will be coming into the squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; January 30th, 2006 at 16:46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 16:46
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
This is probably the first time, I have no confidence that we will get anything from this game, we have been conceding goals at an alarming rate, and this must stop if this season if to go anywhere. Hopefully Moore's presence at the back will rectify this, over the next couple of games.

Im gonna go for a 3-1 Sheff united win, I just can't see us beating them at all!!!!!!!!!!, Sorri Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 16:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The big decision with the fans is what to sing first....sack the board or sack Phil Brown, I can see it being of those games I wish I hadn't gone too.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 19:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Davies has gone, Peschi and Seth are doubts, I fear the worst for this game now, I really do.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 19:10
Premier Player

I totally feel the same, I've never felt so depressed during the run-up to a game
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 22:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Well Brown got sacked so this can be a shake up for the players, same thing happened to my favorite hockey team here in the States, we fired our manager in the first match for the new manager was against one of the top teams and it was the best game we played.

I know Derby County and hockey are completely different but I expect the same, the players should play with fire!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 22:56
Premier Player

Well your right there mate, they all should be playing for the new manager whoever it maybe!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 23:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I really don't see how we can have the new manager in for Wednesday, so we'll be managerless, leaving us in the s'hit. It took us ages to get Brown here, I don't see how we'll get his replacement in a matter of hours.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2006, 13:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Terry Westley said there could be a surprise in the team tomorrow, he's in charge and of course is academy manager, so he must be thinking of bringing a youngster in, I hope it's Karl Ashton, who's a promising young striker.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2006, 16:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Striker Paul Peschisolido is calling on fans to back caretaker boss Terry Westley and his team ahead of Wednesday's crunch clash with high-flying Sheffield United.

The Canadian may miss the match against his former team-mates with a back injury but if he's not in action he'll on the sidelines roaring on the Rams.

"It's been a tough week for everyone involved with the club but now it's vital that we pick ourselves, dust ourselves down and get down to the business of getting this club where it should be - which is a hell of a lot higher than it is.

"The match against Sheffield United is a massive one and they'll be thinking they're coming to a club in turmoil. But that's not the case, there's a feeling of solidarity among the players and a determination to get our season back on track.

"We have a good squad of players and if we can realise our potential we can have a great second half of the season.

"But it's about teamwork. With the fans' backing and the players' effort we can succeed."

He's right, when has the crowd singing sack the board ever done anything???

The fans need to get right behind the team, and get a good and intimidating atmosphere, if we're too stand a chance on wednesday, we can do it, we've done it before...we used to be good at it, time for the prawn sandwich munching too stop, and for more fans too go home with a sore throat like I do

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 15:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sheff Utd are supposed to bebringing 4000 fans done, so it could be a good crowd and a good atmosphere, I just hope the players raise their game, and put on a good performance.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 18:12
Premier Player

Well lets hope, I don't think we have a very good record vs Sheff United at home though, In some ways, this game could inspire the players to play above there expected levels!!, because of the big support, and having no manager
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2006, 21:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1-0 loss, really looked hopefully when Johnson was sent off early in the second half
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Best Game I've been to this season, and for a while before that as well, the atmosphere was great, helped by the fact that Sheff Utd brought about 5000, which stoked it up, but it was great, I just don't know how we lost, or how they are 2nd.

We we're the better team, even when we had 10 men (I'll rant about that in a 2nd post, it'll be a long 1) we were pressing forward while they just looked to defend, it was much better, more passion and commitment, more passing along the floor, Darren Moore looked too be organiseing the defence...just a shame about the early goal. Giles Barnes looked very promising, that lad is rapid. We just could have done with the Ham Sandwich, because Graham's runs himslef into the ground, and gives everything, but he just can't seem to score, he was denied by some great saves by Paddy Kenny,who was supeb and really kept them in the game.

If we play like that every week we won't go down, we just need to keep that up, and with Seth, the Ham Sandwich and Silva to come in as well, it could get better (hopefully)

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Now too talk about the worlds biggest d!ckhead...Neil Warnock.

I didn't really see, what Jonno got sent off for (it was on the other side of the pitch), but the decision is being appealed, Terry Westley says he clearly won the ball, the referee says it was reckless and dangerous.

It's generally agreed though thay Neil 'i'm a [email protected]' Warnocks jumping up and down like a prick got him sent off, which caused the whole Derby team who we;re all surrounding the referee too suddenly, be all around the Sheff Utd bench, I thought a mass brawl was cracking off I don't care what some people say, that's wjhat I like too see a bit of passion (just not from Warnock...he's a tosser ) and it also helped too make the atmosphere get even better.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:44
Premier Player

I must admit I've never liked Neil Warnock, I jus think he is a complete loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Esepecially wen we beat them at Bramwell Lane, we he started to get a mard on with the interviewer on sky, he was getting a rite Paddy Kenny on!!!!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
he was getting a rite Paddy Kenny on!!!!

On the subject of Paddy Kenny though, why is he still at Sheff Utd, he's a great keeper, he should be in the premiership...he might get there now, but he should already be there.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:47
Premier Player

A good performance from what I've herd, just another soft goal to concede, at least a bit of pride and passion was shown, it makes you wonder how long Brown had lost the dressing room for!!!!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Player ratings then...

Lee Camp - 6 - No chance with the goal, didn't have a lot too do really.

Marc Edworthy - 7 - First choice right back, looks solid and gets forward, too put crosses in the box, we never had anyone on the end of them though.

Tomasz Hajto - 7 - Looked good in the centre, got a huge thow on him, and isn't shy of getting forward.

Darren Moore - 7 - The guys huge, a few headers seemed to come off wrong and go all over the place but they still got cleared, looked to be organising at the back, which is what we need.

Michael Johnson - 6 - Out of position too much, which cost us the goal, but 100% committed and always goes on at least one storming run which takes him into the opposition box, which Jackson doesn't do.

Tommy Smith - 7 - Good running with the ball, but no end product and missed the vital penalty.

Adam Bolder - 7 - Battled well in midfield, looked more like the player I know he is, whih he hasn't been this season, looked really fired up.

Inigo Idiakez - 7 - Good passing in midfield, but his free kicks and corners were off, which was a shame, looked a good player again though.

Giles Barnes - 8 - Great debut, man of the match, looked confident on the ball, and bags of pace, another talent found by the academy.

Lee Holmes - 7 - Still looks for the backwards pass too much, and was told so by Westley did have some good runs and did a bit of show boating, right in front of where I was stood, which is good too see.

Danny Graham - 7 - For his effort and commitment and running himslef into the ground, just a shame he can't get a goal, was denied by a fantastic double save from Kenny.

subs

Richard Jackson - 7 - Should be 1st choice left back IMO a more natural full back than Jonno. Stops the crosses at source where Jonno was letting them come in.

Paul Peschisolido - 7 - It's like playing against a really good young kid, little bugger full of energy, who seems to sneak around unnoticed.

Nathan Doyle - 6 - Little time to make an impact.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2006, 17:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Everyone seems to be a lot more positive after this game, so it's a start, we just need some wins now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in