Brown the Clown - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Brown the Clown

So I don't disappoint Durkos, here it is the Brown the Clown thread...
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:42
Star Player

they said on the championship that he moaned about Dennis Wise not being sent off. sounds like his mentor Allardyce but without the results
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right then, I've given the bloke a chance but I've come to the conclusion he is a clown, reason being, he doesn't learn from his mistakes, and the reason he doesn't learn from his mistakes are he won't admit he's made mistakes, we lose 6-1 and he wants to blame the referee, you can't blame the ref when you lose by that margin.

He wants to be less stubborn and pig headed and learn from his cock ups.

I read an articl in the paper last week as well, where they were saying how he's not on good terms with the media, because he basically said, if you haven't played ot coached professional football, you don't have the right to an opinion on it, what a load of bollox and what a pratt for saying such things.

On more than one occasion he's publically critisized Derb fans, he has had a point,but you just don't critisize your own fans in public, that will do you know good at all. The fans have lost all confidence in him now, and the chanting of "Sack Phil Brown" replaced "sack the board" yesterday.

I still don't think he'll be going anywhere though, it would cost too much to get rid of him, so our useless board won't do anything, untill we get a new board who actually have a bit of money, things aren't likely to get much better I'm affriad.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
they said on the championship that he moaned about Dennis Wise not being sent off. sounds like his mentor Allardyce but without the results
Yeah, like I said he's always got someone else to blame, he's Allardyce minus a few stone in weight.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 19:55
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I completely agree with everything that jimbo is saying, me and him both had this discussion about Brown yesterday, and I'm said to say, hes arguably one of the worst managers in the club's history, with only 6 wins on the season so far, it is a sorry state of affairs

I know the sale's of both Huddlestone and Rasiak, have been major factors in the club's downfall recently, but from finishing at mighty impressive 4th postion last season, to a struggling bottom half team, I know the loss of these two players inparticularly have contributed but brown still has some good players on his books, Smith, Idiakez, Bisgarrd, Seth Johnson etc

The reason for our poor league standing in my opinon, is the manager. Is it is pure lack of motivational skills?, is it poor loan signings (aka John, Jackson and Whittingham)?, that fact of the matter is, this man's tatics are all WRONG. I think nearly every Derby fan would agree with me. His negative style of tatics is not suited to the Championship nor Derby County, we don't have the players to play this 4-5-1 system in the sligtist, true Raisiak could play there up on his own, but we don't have him anymore. We must play to the strengths of the players we have at the club at the moment

Its almost Brown is forcing the players, to play with his style of Football, which most of our players arent used to, as our players try to football rather than play the poor long-ball game!!!

How much longer will we have to put with the inept tatics, the hopeless signings and poor excuses. There's no way we can get rid of him, as it would cost us a fortune to pay him off. But the thing that worries me

WILL HE TAKE US DOWN???????
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2006, 20:33
Star Player

Derby, Leicester and Forest all in League One next season? that would be weird
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:37
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Derby, Leicester and Forest all in League One next season?
and also fighting for the LDV Vans trophy.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Derby, Leicester and Forest all in League One next season? that would be weird
It would be, and I think at least one of us will go down

Oh and as for the clown, I guarantee it will be back to 4-5-1 now, knowing him he'll leave Peschisolido up front on his own, like he did for the last 15 minutes on saturday

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
He seems too have got the nickname of Brown the Clown now, everyone's calling him it. It's to be expected when the bloke acts like a clown though, even the fans who said they would give him time have turned against him now.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2006, 22:02
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
It would be, and I think at least one of us will go down
the crisp boys lost tonite against Plymouth so hopefully its them. would stop us from playing one of our bogey sides next season
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2006, 09:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
the crisp boys lost tonite against Plymouth so hopefully its them. would stop us from playing one of our bogey sides next season
Ahhh yes things looking very grim down at the crisp bowl

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2006, 14:39
Premier Player

After speakin with my father last nite, we came up with a great solution of getting rid of Phil Brown, without having to pay him a penny of compensation. Give Sam Allarydyce the England then he will take the Tan man as his one of his coaches, all sorted!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2006, 14:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
After speakin with my father last nite, we came up with a great solution of getting rid of Phil Brown, without having to pay him a penny of compensation. Give Sam Allarydyce the England then he will take the Tan man as his one of his coaches, all sorted!!!!!!!!!
Officially the 4000th post in the Derby forum, man I can't believe it has gone this well, I wasn't too sure when it opened at the start of the season, but it's been a great success

And too have such a brilliant idea as the 4000th post is great as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 19:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Didn't really know where to put this, but this guy is a clown as well, so...some complete pratt on the radio said the stupidest/funniest thing I have ever heard....sack Brown, and get Joe Kinnear in I'd rather keep the clown.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 19:03
Premier Player

Yeah i herd that, I would'nt go that far, Kinnear is a loser!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in