DERBY V Luton - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2005, 10:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY V Luton

The boxing day game...which isn't untill Monday

Booooooooooooooooo it's too long to wait if you ask me.

Anyway Luton make their frst visit to Pride Park, they've surprised alot of people this season, though there were some people before the season started tipping them to do well, at least the best placed of the promoted teams.

It will be a tough game, but hopefully there will be a big crowd for a boxing day game, and with the fans behind the players, we can do the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2005, 11:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Paul Peschisolido has sent a timely reminder to manager Phil Brown ahead of Derby County's hectic festive programme of four games in eight days.

Peschisolido scored a hat-trick in yesterday's 7-0 victory over Chesterfield in a behind-closed-doors match at Moor Farm.

All his goals came in the first half as a strong Rams team ran out comfortable winners.

The 34-year-old is currently out of favour and has not started a first-team game for almost two months.

He has not even made the substitutes' bench in the last five matches, but Brown says the Canadian striker could still have a part to play.

"Paul has been scoring in the behind-closed-doors games and can do no more than that - he's in my mind," said Brown.

"His professionalism, work rate and energy against Chesterfield caught the eye. Hopefully he will continue to do well and when his chance comes, he will take it.

"But it is not only Paul who is pushing to be included in the 11 or 16. So are Lee Holmes, Jeff Kenna, Nathan Doyle and Giles Barnes."

Dexter Blackstock is filling the lone striker role in Derby's 4-5-1 system with Danny Graham breathing down his neck.

The formation does not suit Peschisolido, who is better in a 4-4-2 shape.

His contract expires in the summer and it is unlikely he will be offered a new deal.

Preston wanted to sign him just before last month's emergency loan deadline.

They were also keen to make the move permanent in January and willing to pay Derby a fee, believed to be around Ł70,000. The offer was rejected.

Holmes (2), Morten Bisgaard and an own goal completed the scoring against a Chesterfield side containing a mixture of senior players and youngsters.

Derby fielded two young trialist centre-backs against Chesterfield - an Australian in the first half who was replaced by a Polish player in the second.

Derby's line up was: Poole; Doyle, Kenna, Trialist, Boertien; Bisgaard, Barnes, Bolder, Holmes; Peschisolido, Graham.

At the start of the season we saw Peschi play in the 4-5-1 as a sort of attacking midfielder, maybe that's something too think about at home, because we're not attacking enough at the minute, which has already got some fans moaning that we're boring, and Brown hasn't got a clue, and we don't want to be like Bolton etc.... (no prizes for guessing what message board there from) but that's the way of Derby. The great Brian Clough brought it too the club, and the fans always want Derby too play like his teams did.

We do need to attack teams more when we're at home though, but I don't blame Brown for the defensive minded tactics of the last few games, after the bad defeat by Wolves, things needed tightening up.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2005, 13:25
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Every team should play attacking football when their at home. It seems nowadays that every man and his dog plays 4-5-1. Lets get back to the days when everyone played 4-4-2 and attacked. Bloody hell i sound like an old git.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2005, 17:02
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
Every team should play attacking football when their at home. It seems nowadays that every man and his dog plays 4-5-1. Lets get back to the days when everyone played 4-4-2 and attacked. Bloody hell i sound like an old git.
Are you alrite neil mate , you seem to be starting the christmas celebrations early mate, with the old drink mate and what has an old man and his dog got to do with Derby playing Luton on Boxing Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The thing is though, we were losing all the time playing 4-4-2, and since changing to 4-5-1 we haven't lost, but we're drawing too many, we need to find the right mix.

Dexter Blackstock's been recalled by Southampton, so maybe Danny Graham will get his chance as the lone striker, or maybe we will change to 4-4-2 bringing in Peschisolido.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2005, 18:40
Premier Player

I think with Blackstock being recalled, he must go to 4-4-2 because I don' think either Graham, Pesch or Tudgay or capapble of playing up top on their own. We've gotta go with 2 of these players uptop, to carry any sort of goalscoring threat
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2005, 22:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well I've said before, Graham looks far better as a loan striker than Blackstock did, so he may start him up there. Too many people are forgetting how bad we were against Wolves playing 4-4-2, we don't need to go bak to that again.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Marc Edworthy is hoping to be fit for this game, I don't think Brown should be changing a defence that kept a clean sheet away though, so a place on the bench should be what he gets.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2005, 18:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I quite fancy us for another draw tomorrow, tickets are selling really well though, so there should be a big crowd in tomorrow, hopefully that can lift the team and we can get a win

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 00:58
Premier Player

I will having at salmon and gammon at my gran's house whilst the game is going on, Im gonna go for a bore draw, I can see Luton coming up here, and shutting up shop, and it maybe a case of having to be patient, waiting to break them down.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 11:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Michael Johnson (if he plays of course) will make his 100th appearance for the club today....probably would have been there already if he was always picking little injuries up, he played on through a lot of them though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 16:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
0-0 at halftime
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 16:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Idiakez!!!!
1-0
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 16:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Brkovic ties it up only minutes later, 1-1 now
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 19:14
Premier Player

Another Bore Draw, nice not losing but we gotta start winnin theses games now!!, draw's mean nothing at the end of the day really
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2005, 19:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

how was Brkovic's goal? another screamer?
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2005, 10:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
how was Brkovic's goal? another screamer?
Disappointing goal to concede, a Luton player got to the bye line inside the box, hit a low cross into the 6 yard box, Camp and and Jackson were there, it hit one maybe both of them then stopped dead in the 6 yard box, Brkovic popped up and scored the easiest goal he'll ever score from about 4 yards out.

Idiakez scored the screamer, free kick just outside the left corner of the box, and he screamed it into the far right hand corner, an absolute beauty.

1-0 up with 80 odd minutes to go it was disapointing to lose, but we are the new Wolves, we will draw loads of games and finish slap bang in the middle of the table.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2005, 11:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

My Player Ratings....

Lee Camp - 6 - Didn't have a lot too do, maybe could have done a bit better with the goal, I've not seen a replay though, so that may be harsh.

Richard Jackson - 7 - 100% and strong in the tackle as always.

Michael Johnson - 7 - Brkovic didn't do much apart from get the tap in, but he had drifted over to the other side then, good solid game.

Lewin Nyatanga - 7 - Another strong display, find of the season this boy.

Andrew Davies - 8 - Hurt his arm Physio signalled he needed to be subbed off, but we had used all our subs, but he came back on holding his arm, and you could see the pain in his face from the stands, but he still went flying into slide tackles and towering into headers, the guy's a legend, we have to keep him untill the end of the season at least.

Marcus Tudgay - 5 - Nearly scored with a bycycle kick, did sod all else, bring back Bisgaard I say.

Seth Johnson - 6 - Got booked early, which effected his game.

Paul Thirwell - 8 - It's starting too pi9s me off that this guy gets no credit from some of the fans, people alwways want him dropped and subbed, and I just don't understand it, he was everywhere yesterday winning tackles breaking up the play, always looks for the easy ball as well, Man of the Match for me.

Inigo Idiakez - 7 - Sums up his season....didn't do a lot, then banged in an absolute belter of a free kick.

Tommy Smith - 7 - Had a great run from inside our half to their penalty box, but then should have squared it too Graham, instead fluffed the left footed shot wide.

Danny Graham - 7 - I said he should have started against Cardiff, and on this evidence I can say I was right, held the ball up well, ran his bollocks off, even tracked back to our penalty area once, had a great chance when put clean through, but the keeper saved.

SUBS[I]

Adam Bolder - 6 - Came on and put in some strong tackes as you would expect.

Morten Bisgaard - 6 - He will always run at players, it makes a big diference when you've got players who do that.

Paul Peschisolido - 6 - Came on for an explosive 5 minutes....then looked knackered, and that's why he doesn't start.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2005, 13:37
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well i went to the game yesterday, the annaul boxing day family outing, and it's clear to me that we need to play two up front if were gonna acheive anything this season

Lee Camp - 6 - Like you said Jimbo, he had virtually nothing to do all game. I don't think he was at fault for the goal, from what i saw on the replay.

Richard Jackson - 9- I have made it known in the past that i ain't that big a fan of Jackson, but he won me over. He was absolutley brillant i thought. 100% relaible all game. Best player by a mile.

Michael Johnson - 7 - Yeah good solid game for Johnson. Got in the wars once again when he was blooy murdered from behind by Rowan Vine. How he stayed on the pitch after that challange i'll never know.

Lewin Nyatanga - 7 - A nice solid display, looks like he'll move onto bigger and better things in the future. All i would say is that he is very weak on his right foot and he did a few scew whiff clearences.

Andrew Davies - 8 - One hard bugger i tell you. Any other woofter would have gone off but all credit to Davies, he stayed on even though he was in agony. It would be nice to keep him but i fear he'll be back with boro.

Marcus Tudgay - 4- I thought Tudgay was bloody awful. Whats happened to him? Probably playing crap because he feels he should have been given his chance instead of crap like Stern John.

Seth Johnson - 8 - Johnson had another good game in my book. Controlled the midfield well in the first half. I must say i got pis#ed off when Brown took him off and some fans chanted "you don't know what your doing". We've gotta remember that Seth Johnson ain't as fit as he once was and he has had a ton of injury problems, and i can understand why Brown took him off.

Paul Thirwell - 7 - Well Jimbo i've said to you before that i like Thirwell and he's good for the team but i didn' t think he had an outstanding game, Don't get me wrong, he was good but not outstanding. I agree with you tho, it's stupid how fans get on his back, just because he don't take on 10 players and bloody bycycle kicks from the half way line, he there to do a job, which is to break up play, win tackles, do some nice little passes to start the ball rolling.

Inigo Idiakez - 7 - Brillant free kick. I was behind the goal when it went in. Probably the loudest cheer i've ever done, cause i thought it was going over, then he magically made float in the net. Some bloke near me said something to me when the goal went in....didn't have a clue what he said so i just nodded and replied "yeah"....i need a hearing aid cause the bloke was right next to me.
Only thing i would say about Idiakez is that he has a tendency to drop back into the centre of defence, he most affective spraying balls in the midfield and thats where we need him

Tommy Smith - 7 - Yeah Smith had an alright game. Can't really think of much else to say.

Danny Graham - 7 - Couldn't believe he missed that chance one on one with the keeper, good the way he made space for himself for the chance. I was slagging the guy off to Jimbo before i even saw him play, i won't ever do that again because i was very impressed with him to say that he was by himself up front. Held the ball up brillantly, just what we need, a strong centre forward, now we need somone to partner him with and we'll be going places.

SUBS[I]

Adam Bolder - 6 - Perfect replacement for Johnson, a ball winner who's not afraid to get stuck in.

Morten Bisgaard - 5 - Yeah i'll give him is due he'll run at players, but i can see why he don't start anymore. To me he looked disinterested.

Paul Peschisolido - 8 - I can't believe you only gave him a 6 Jimbo. He came on ran his arse off, lifted up the crowd and changed the pace of the game. True fans favourite and you can see why.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2005, 14:54
Premier Player

I love the difference in opinon here, I think your both being very generous with your ratings, a home draw vs Luton doesn't exactly set the pulse rate up does it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in