Idiakez E. Midlands player of the year - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2005, 09:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Idiakez E. Midlands player of the year

Spanish midfielder Inigo Idiakez has been named East Midlands Footballer of the Year at a BBC awards ceremony.

Ini was presented with the trophy by Rams boss Phil Brown at the event held at Leicester's De Montfort Hall on Monday night. He beat off the challenge of Leicester's Dion Dublin and Kris Kommons of Nottingham Forest. Team-mate Michael Johnson was among the 600 guests.

It caps a good few days for the 32-year-old, who skippered his side to victory over Norwich at Pride Park on Saturday - setting up the Rams' two goals. He has also been named in the Coca-Cola Championship Team of the Week.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well there couldn't have been much doubt about it, he's miles better than anything Forest or Leicester have.

Congrats Inigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2005, 12:43
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
He was odds on really, didn't think to any of the players that forest or leciester had. It makes you wonder what kind of an impact Inigo might have had, if we had bought him while he was still young
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2005, 12:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I would have thought he would have been more dificult to get though, maybe when he left Sociedad he would have thought of coming over to England then.

Also John Toshack, who was there to watch Nyatanga used to manage Idiakez at Sociedad.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2005, 09:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Spanish midfielder Inigo Idiakez is hoping to continue his good week against Preston North End.

The 32-year-old put in a fine display while captaining the Rams to victory against Norwich City last Saturday.

And just 48 hours later he was named as the East Midlands Footballer of the Year at a BBC awards ceremony.

"I was very proud to pick up the award, which I think coincided with my best form of the season so far," he said.

"I think I played well against Norwich and I'm very happy about that because it was disappointing for me to miss the penalty against Brighton a week earlier.

"As a team we are learning and improving all the time. If we can keep playing how we did against Norwich I still believe we can make it into the play-offs."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2005, 11:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Hopefully he will now return to the form of last season consistently, then he'll prbably win it again next year, as the competition still isn't up too much in the East Midlands.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in