LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 11:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Ted Mcminn Charity game - Rangers

HERO IGOR TO RETURN FOR TED

Igor Stimac

Derby County's inspirational Premiership captain Igor Stimac will pull on a Rams shirt once again next May when he turns out at Pride Park Stadium for Ted McMinn's benefit match.

The match, on May 1, will feature a Glasgow Rangers 'Nine-In-A-Row' team against a Derby County select side including Rams heroes and guest star players.

Tickets go on sale this Wednesday (9 November) from 9am at the Pride Park ticket office or by calling 0870 444 1884.

Former Derby favourites already confirmed include Kevin Hector, Peter Shilton, Mark Wright and Roger Davies. Now Igor, recognised as one of the most influential Rams players in 20 years and a major part of the club's successful Premiership promotion, has added his name to the teamsheet as part of the side to be managed by ex-Rams boss Arthur Cox.

Ally McCoist will feature for Rangers, alongside a host of players who formed part of the historic record-equalling nine-in-a-row Scottish Championship side which won consecutive titles from 1988-89 to 1996-97, including Brian Laudrup, Chris Woods and Andy Gorham.

More Rams and Rangers star names are due to be confirmed over the coming weeks.

Igor, who returned home to Croatia after a spell with West Ham, said: "I am really looking forward to catching up with Derby County fans and my friends from the club. I spent four wonderful years with the Rams and have some special memories from my time in Derby."

Forty-three-year-old Ted, known affectionately to Rams fans as the Tin Man, was a popular player during his five-year spell with the club. He made 137 starts with a further 16 appearances as a substitute after joining Derby in February 1988 from Seville, and added 14 goals.

Ted has lived in Derby for the past 18 years and now works as a football pundit and co-commentator for BBC Radio Derby. He is currently recovering from a major operation which saw the removal of his right leg four inches below the knee.

The match will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, May 1, with a 3pm kick-off. Tickets will be priced at 10 for adults and 5 for supporters aged 16 and under and 60 and over. Corporate boxes and other banqueting packages are available, starting at 65 per head. For corporate package details call 0870 444 1884.

Derby County has teamed up with Glasgow Rangers, who will be selling tickets from their Ibrox Stadium box office. The match is attracting considerable interest in Scotland so Rams fans are being encouraged to book early to ensure a strong show of local support.

Ted said: "The response from players and fans has been overwhelming and I am delighted so many Rams and Rangers heroes have agreed to play. The support for this match has been incredible and it should be a terrific day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 11:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There's a few quality players lined up to play in this game, I might have to ask around and see if anyone wants to go, because I wouldn't mind going.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 11:41
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I agree with you there jimbo, hopefully I should be able to come back for that one. I will be looking forward to stimac, wearin the derby county shirt once again

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 15:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
when Igor arrives at Derby, make sure to keep him there
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 15:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
when Igor arrives at Derby, make sure to keep him there
He can come live at my house, I've got a spare room

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 15:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

don't piss him off though, he will punch you p
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 15:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

He'd fit in, over here then.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 16:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

the guy is corrupt as shit and if you think Derby County have financial and other problems now, you should see what would happen if he works for the club, some of the things he does should put him in jail
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 10:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
the guy is corrupt as shit and if you think Derby County have financial and other problems now, you should see what would happen if he works for the club, some of the things he does should put him in jail

It's like being told Santa Claus isn't real.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 10:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Former Rams hero Igor Stimac is relishing his Pride Park return and can't wait to pull on the black and white of Derby County once again.

Ex-skipper Igor is keen to catch up with the many friends he made during his successful four-year spell with the club on May 1 2006 when he turns out for Ted McMinn's benefit game.

He told BBC Radio Derby: "I'm looking forward to coming in May to join the Derby County supporters and the rest of the ex-players to have a wonderful afternoon there in Derby.

"It will be wonderful to put on a Derby County shirt again. I hope that many of the fans will remember the great four years we had together. It's always nice to be in touch with them because they were so wonderful to me."

And the ever-bullish big Croat believes he can still turn it on for the Derby crowd.

"I am on the board of directors for Hajduk Split, my home club, - I was also in the role of sports director in the club. I do some training sessions and we play some friendly games... I'm in good shape still."

Tickets for Rams hero Ted McMinn's benefit match are now available and over 1,500 Rams fans have already booked their seats for the clash of Rams and Rangers legends within the first day of sale.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2006, 14:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nigel Clough and Stuart Pearce are going to play for the Derby side, seems a bit odd having 2 red dogs playing for a Derby side, but it's McMinn's benefit match, he calls the shots.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2006, 19:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Stimac is no longer the director of football (although he is still probably secretly) so manybe Derby can snatch him up as a manager or a board member
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2006, 10:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There has been plenty of talk about that, the people over here don't know about his goings on back home.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 15:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams favourite Stefano Eranio will pull on the black and white of Derby County at the age of 39 when he returns to Pride Park for Ted McMinn's benefit game.

The classy Italian will feature alongside a host of other Rams legends - including Igor Stimac, Mark Wright and kevin Hector - in the game against the Rangers Nine-in-a-Row team on 1 May.

The former Italian international joined the Rams from AC Milan in July 1997 as Jim Smith's squad prepared for their first season at Pride Park. He was part of a Premiership side featuring the likes of Francesco Baiano and Paulo Wanchope.

After four successful seasons he left the Rams amid emotional scenes at the end of the 2000-2001 season only to return months later. His short second spell ended with Jim Smith's departure.

Another legend turning out, I really ought to get tickets for this game sometime soon.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:34
Premier Player

Why not lure him back into working at Derby County, that would be brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Why not lure him back into working at Derby County, that would be brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder if he's gone into coaching or management yet, he'd have come back if Jim Smith was involved I'm sure, whoever the new manager will be, will want his own people in though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 19:35
Premier Player

Jim smith actually, is part of the consortium that has taken over Oxford United which my mate was very happy about!!!! But if Gadsby takesover, I think he could be a good first team good coach or sumthin!!!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Jim smith actually, is part of the consortium that has taken over Oxford United which my mate was very happy about!!!! But if Gadsby takesover, I think he could be a good first team good coach or sumthin!!!
The fans might like it, but it's not up too us, it's who the manager, whoever he is, want that will be coming in.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams legend Stefano Eranio has spoken exclusively to www.dcfc.co.uk about his return to Pride Park for Ted McMinn's benefit match.

The stylish Italian will be pulling on a Derby County shirt for the first time since 2001 when he turns out for the Tin Man on Monday May 1.

He will be in attendance the day before when Derby take on Sheffield Wednesday in their final Coca-Cola Championship encounter of the season before appearing alongside fellow heroes and against the Glasgow Rangers nine-in-a-row squad.

"For me it will be the first time that I have come back since I left the club," Eranio, now 39, said.

"I would have liked to have come back before but I haven't had the chance, and for me to be in Derby will be fantastic.

"I had some good years with the club and I am so pleased to be coming back - to see the supporters, the people, and for how I will feel."

It is sure to be an emotional afternoon for everyone - players and supporters - at the game.

Eranio last wore a Derby shirt on the final day of the 2000/01 season when he lined up for the Rams in a 1-1 draw against Ipswich Town.

He left to a standing ovation a few minutes before the end of the game and although he then rejoined Derby that summer, injury meant he hadn't made another appearance before departing again in October 2001.

So how will it feel when he runs out at Pride Park once more?

"I don't know, I will tell you after the game!" he laughed.

"It will be so nice after such a long time to see some of my old Derby friends.

"I think it will be a very emotional moment for me, it will compete with my last game for the club."

Eranio joined the Rams in the summer of 1997 on a Bosman free transfer from Serie A giants AC Milan.

At the time he was a current Italian international with experience of playing in the World Cup, the European Cup and one of the world's top leagues.

In all he made 96 starts for the club, with a further 12 outings as a substitute, and scored ten goals.

The days of signings from AC Milan (although that Daino guy was s'hit) Eranio is a legend, him and Stimac probably the 2 biggest legends from our era, I'm sure people could argue otherwise though.

Good too see him coming to watch the Sheff Wed game as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2006, 10:23
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Yes, Eranio is a legend, it looks like all the legends are turning out for this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in