Sheff Wed v DERBY - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Sheff Wed v DERBY

I'll be making my second trip to Hillsbrough this weekend, I've not seen us win away yet this season, so it's about time I did. Wednesday are below us, and are very beatable, if we sort the defence out, we'll do ok. I think Davies should come straight back into the team, not to sure who for though, maybe Johnson. And Richard Jackson should return at left back.

It's not too late to make a charge towards the top, if we start winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 15:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Rams have won on their last four visits to Hillsborough, a run that is all the more impressive as they had gone 60 years without victory there until starting the streak in September 1997.

That night, Derby recorded a 5-2 win against Wednesday with the axis of Francesco Baiano, Stefano Eranio and Paulo Wanchope hitting form.

The following year it was 1-0, a Spencer Prior header, and in 99/00 it was 2-0 through Rory Delap and Dean Sturridge.

Those three games were all in the Premiership and in November 2002 it was Division One action with the Rams under John Gregory.

Lee Morris netted twice and Izale McLeod added the final goal in a 3-1 success.

Over the years, since the first meeting in January 1891, it's exactly honours-even with both sides registering 39 victories and 31 draws

I was at the 5-2 game, first away game I ever went too, and it was unbelieveable, a repeat on Saturday would be nice

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 16:14
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
For some reason I'm not confident about this one, I think we will lose 1-0.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 16:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We've gotta keep our record of scoring in every game going, it's an incredible record, especially as we've only won 3 games. It shows how bad we've been at the back though. But still it will be great too see how long we can keep it going for, a few more wins along with it would be nice though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 17:18
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well i like your confidence jimbo, but at the moment, the vibe around the club is very low, what we would do for a win vs anybody. I can see this one being a tight affair, i dnt wana call who will win the game. I can see blackstock scoring again though
In terms of personal, i would be tempted to bring davis back into the side, n possible play a 5-3-2 formation, wit the 3 centre backs in, and idiakez, johnson n bisgarrd in the middle? sounds nice to me
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 22:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
This will be a tough match for Derby, everything is going downhill at the club and I don't expect anything different, 1-1 draw my prediction
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 22:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Something I forgot before, Lee Camp should be back in goal, Poole's age is starting to tell, and his lack of agility and geight is being found out. Camp should be put back in, he has something to prove just like Tudgay did against Ipswich, hopefully Camp can do as well as Tudgay did.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 14:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Big following expected tomorrow, at least 3000 expected to turn up, and that's very good in this division, at this time, attendances are way down everywhere. And considering we've only won 1 game in 13 matches i think it is now, that makes it even better.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 16:48
Premier Player

Well lets hope the players, can give somethin in return to the fans that are following them to hillsborough then
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 08:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bloody hell, these away games mean you have to get up far too early in the morning
Well I'll be setting of to the City too catch the train fairly soon, and I wake up saturday morning in confident mood, I really think we're on for a win today Not that my form is good when it comes to predicting Derby results

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2005, 12:28
Premier Player

Well lets hope getting up so early in the morning has paid off lad, I will be listnin to the game on radio, listnin to ross and ted's quality commentary, C'MON DERBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 10:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

OH FOR F UCK SAKE! I'm getting tired of this, we're all over them take a gaol lead should have been 2 or 3 goals up at least and, then we throw it away, it's always the same, we just can't hold onto a lead. It really is looking like the annual relegation battle now

Paul Sturrock is not the first man to say these words, but these words are continually being said, and we still lose, those words are....

Derby County are the best team to have played at Hillsbrough this season. So why the fu.ck can't we win

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 12:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
It's getting bad now, if Brown doesn't sort it out soon, we may well be in for another relegation battle. It's alright playing nice football in spells, but it's all about getting the result.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 12:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Football's all about results, also when we're losing, the good football starts, and we just start luming long balls, and go to pieces.

Some fans want Brown out already (Durkos )I don't agree, he was never going to come in and be the finished article, and no good managers we're interested in the job, so who's going to replace him, someone equally unexperienced who will need time to find his feet.

The way the Club is at the moment, it is a tough job, Brown needs to consolidate this season, and avoid the disaster of relegation, then rebuild. That's what other teams who have failed in the play offs have had to do. We just don't want to go the same way as Forest.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2005, 23:55
Premier Player

Ok i take your point, right but Looking at it from a stats point of view, i can't think of a manager at this club in recent, that has only won 1 game in 14 games or whatever!!!, Football is a results game, and we can play well for the whole game, but if we don't pick up the points, we are going to struggle in this league, and that is frightning, considering the progress we made under Burley last year, are we going backwards???, I think this is a fair arguement?

I would also like to comment, on brown's post match comments, where colin gibson of radio derby asked him "what did you say at half time" and Brown responce was " I tried to get the players into a mentality into believeing we could win the game 1-0", I'm sorry Phil, but why on earth say that durin half time, we are dominating the game, making plenty of chances, attacking very well. To completely change tatics is a big mistake. We aren't Man United or Chelsea, we simply aren't good enough to defend leads, our best way of defending, is by attacking and scoring lots of goals. Burley realised this last year, hence the fact, we didnt have the best goals conceded, but we scored somethin in the region of 75 goals last season, thats what got us into the playoffs!!!!

I must admit, I was particularly behind the appoinment of Brown during the summer, because i knew of his current coaching credentials, now he's got to show us of his, managing skills, can he get us out of this bad run, I must admit i hate to say it, my patience is starting to wear thin, as the results are gettin bad, and the its same post match comment from both messers Mackay and Brown, I hate to say see fan's get on his back, but utimately, is Brown's job, to convince us the Derby fans, that he is the right man to take us back to the Premier League.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 03:37
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
OH FOR F UCK SAKE!
lol, things are getting a bit desparate, my friends.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 10:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos

I would also like to comment, on brown's post match comments, where colin gibson of radio derby asked him "what did you say at half time" and Brown responce was " I tried to get the players into a mentality into believeing we could win the game 1-0", I'm sorry Phil, but why on earth say that durin half time, we are dominating the game, making plenty of chances, attacking very well. To completely change tatics is a big mistake. We aren't Man United or Chelsea, we simply aren't good enough to defend leads
I agree here, that shouldn't of been the tactic, this is what i mean by he must learnn from his mistakes, and he needs to be given time. Realisticly I never expected to get in the play offs this season, even if Burley was still in charge. But I also wasn't thinking relegation. If we're bottom in February, then I'l start talking about sacking Brown.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in