DERBY v Ipswich - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2005, 10:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Ipswich

Not going to this one, I'll be at work, and I'm not exactly devastated about it either, it's depressing going to watch Derby at the moment....still I've got my tickets for Sheff Wed away on Saturday, on the way

For about the 10 th game in a row, it's vital to win this game, this time so we don't drop into the relegation zone

Ipswich also are not having a great time, and neither are Preston, so the 3 teams in the play offs last season, are struggling, it shows how important it is too take the opportunity when it comes.

Ipswich usually play a passing game, which might suit us, and give us a good chance of getting the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2005, 14:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Injury news - Edworthy, Richard Jackson and.......the legend that is, Paul Boertien are all back in training and contention for places.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2005, 18:21
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Oh dear, not boertien he can stay on the bench, hes more than welcome to

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

There's only one Paul Boertien one Paul Boertien, players who will give 100% for the club, even when idiot fans are getting on their backs is what we need right now, Boertien will take us to glory.

And is missus is one sexy lady, seen her in the pub once :drool:

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Phil Brown has said there will be changes, I'd hope for Edworthy in for Kenna, Blackstock in for Peschisolido, maybe more, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm still trying to be optimistic, so I'm saying 1-0 to the Rams, Blackstock to be the scoring machine we so badly need

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:55
Premier Player

To be fair, his misses aint bad at all, i wont rule that out at all!!. But his skill ability wudnt even get him into Payney's Mackworth United side!!!!!!, never mind derby county. I spose one thing he has become famous for, is the classic "boertien" turn, which was a joy to watch during the 2002/2003 season,
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:56
Premier Player

Hmm in terms of the score, im gonna say a tight 1-0 to Derby, with blackstock getting the goal, but i can jus see thome gettin a 30 yrd screamer!!, like he nearly did on saturday
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 16:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
To be fair, his misses aint bad at all, i wont rule that out at all!!. But his skill ability wudnt even get him into Payney's Mackworth United side!!!!!!, never mind derby county. I spose one thing he has become famous for, is the classic "boertien" turn, which was a joy to watch during the 2002/2003 season,
He's had some goof games playing as a defensive midfielder, and is alright at left back, nbecause he likes to put his foot in. The disaster came when he was played left wing, for no other reason that he is left footed, it's a bit like playing Claude Makelele left wing, it would make no sense.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 16:02
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I'm just hoping we can win this one, 1-0 will do me.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 20:11
Rising Star

9:24
Foul by Morten Bisgaard (Derby) on Fabian Wilnis (Ipswich). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Jim Magilton (Ipswich) from right channel, headed goal by Richard Naylor (Ipswich) (top-left of goal) from right side of penalty area (12 yards).Derby 0-1 Ipswich. Assist (cross) by Jim Magilton (Ipswich) from right channel.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 20:25
Rising Star

33:39 GOAL - Dexter Blackstock
Derby 1 - Ipswich 1Foul by Jim Magilton (Ipswich) on Johnnie Jackson (Derby). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Inigo Idiakez (Derby) from left channel, headed goal by Dexter Blackstock (Derby) (low centre of goal) from centre of penalty area (12 yards).Derby 1-1 Ipswich. Assist (header) by Emerson Thome (Derby) from right side of penalty area.

Two goals in two match :eekani:
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 20:27
Rising Star

37:38 GOAL - Marcus Tudgay
Derby 2 - Ipswich 1Headed goal by Marcus Tudgay (Derby) (bottom-right of goal) from left side of penalty area (6 yards).Derby 2-1 Ipswich. Assist (cross) by Morten Bisgaard (Derby) from right channel.

Tudgay
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 21:11
Rising Star

55:53 GOAL - Dexter Blackstock
Derby 3 - Ipswich 2Goal by Dexter Blackstock (Derby) drilled left-footed (top-left of goal) from right side of penalty area (18 yards).Derby 3-2 Ipswich. Assist (cross) by Morten Bisgaard (Derby) from right side of penalty area.

he is unstoppable :eekani:
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 21:58
Premier Player

Another game gone by, another 3 points go a-begging, but 3 good goals, and we look far more threatning going forward. But yet again, poor defending has cost us dearly and even Phil Brown has just said, that we can't defend, if we keep it like this, we will have to score at least 4 goals, to stop the opposition from scoring.
I spose looking on the brighter side of things, Blackstock could get into double figures by the end of this month!!, 3 goals in 2 games, is pretty good
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2005, 23:21
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Been a good game from what I´ve read so far, although it´s a bit disappointing for you. But I think you should go for the good things in that game. Your new player Blackstock seems to be a real upgrade of your team, and wasn´t the attack your main problem? Based on that Oasis song ... it´s getting better (man)!

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:44
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
another precious point for the relegation strugglers.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:48
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
btw, i am surprised to see so many new rams in this thread, from different parts of the world as well, i thought u (the rams fans) are in danger of extinction, just like us.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartle
btw, i am surprised to see so many new rams in this thread, from different parts of the world as well, i thought u (the rams fans) are in danger of extinction, just like us.
Once a Ram always a Ram We're not all Glory Hunters who disappear in the bad times!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, we should have known there would be plenty of goals, 10 in the 2 games last season, 6 in the first one this season, never a dull game between Derby and Ipswich.

Joe Royle said it, a game between 2 teams who can't defend, even at 3-2 and when we was on top, I was still worried they would equalise, it's not good when you score 3 at home and don't win, having twice taken the lead, the defence needs to be sorted out, I'd get Davies straight back in there, he's young with lots of energy.........I'll save the rest for the Sheff Wed thread.

Dextor Blackstock is awesome, but we only have him for a month, and Harry Redknapp must be watching, and thinking, why the f**k have I let this guy out on loan?????

Didn't go to the game, and haven't seen the goals yet, I'm waiting for them to come on the News, as there supposed to be good

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:54
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
good old dexter blackstock i knew he would be a good signing. I'm happy with the point, but the defence needs to buck their ideas up if were gonna get ourselves back up the table

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in