Morten Bisgaard - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2005, 11:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Morten Bisgaard

What's wrong with this guy, he is one of our best players, I've been defending him so far this season, but he was awful yesterday, looked tired before the game had even kicked off, he got into good positions, but his crossing was poor.

Lots of people say he should be dropped, i don't know if this is right, someone said to me once, if Bisgaard plays well, Derby win. His influence on the team last season was underrated, everyone went on about Idiakez, but Bisgaard was just as important.

He's started off scoring more this season, 4 goals, but he seems of the pace in games, maybe he does need to be dropped and rested, and made to fight for his place, and hopefully he can come back stronger.

What do guys think? I know Durkos went to the game yesterday, I'm sure he said he wasn't impressed with Bisgaards performance yesterday, I got too drunk too remember what he said though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2005, 14:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
his form has dropped but we need him in the team, he is one of our more talented players and hopefully he starts playing well again.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2005, 14:33
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
I know Durkos went to the game yesterday, I'm sure he said he wasn't impressed with Bisgaards performance yesterday, I got too drunk too remember what he said though

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2005, 11:44
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I've always regarded Bisgarrd as a quiet player. I've only seen Bisgarrd play about 3 times this season so i'm not going to judge him. But from what i saw early on in the season, he was doing okay. But i've been listening to the game on the radio and everyone who calls in slags bisgaard off. Plus Ted McMinn the bbc radio derby colour commentator, well lets just say he never has good words to say about him.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2005, 11:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

McMinn does a lot of slagging off.

Bisgaard does have that bit of quality though, he can make something happen at anytime, he's not played well all season, but has 4 goals to his name, a good return for a midfielder, and has set a few up as well. If Tommy Smith was fit, he probably would be dropped, but to be honest, I wouldn't want to see Tudgay replace Bisgaard on the right wing, because he can't play there, and we don't have anyone else too play there really, I heard someone say Lee Holmes, but he's a left winger, it's completely diferent playing on the right.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2005, 16:02
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well as jimbo pointed out, i went to the game, i jus think hes a player, who can nothig for 89 mins, and then out of nothing score a goal, that you have never seen before!!!, I must admit he did lack match fitness i felt yesterday espeically in the 2nd half, where he did look exhausted.
I think it could be time, for brown to contemplate, tryin a new winger on the right hand side?, possibly Lee holmes i dnt know, but i would give bisgarrd a rest for a bit, but I doubt wether brown will do this or not?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2005, 22:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Like I said if Smith was fit, it would be simple, play him on the right, and then you can have any of Whittingham, Jackson and Holmes to play on the left, but as Smith is not fot the only option is Tudgay, and I don't think he's any good playing in midfield, so there's not really anyone pushing Bisgaard for his place, maybe that's half the problem

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:30 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Listened to an Interview with Bisgaard before last night's game, he admitted himslef he has not been playing at his best, but was still confident in his own ability, and according to Ted McMinn, last night was his best performance of the season set up 2 goals, shows the impact he can have, because Idiakez was said to be poor last night.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in