Hamdaoui Injured - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 13:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Hamdaoui Injured

Derby
County have suffered a major injury blow just hours before their Coca-Cola Championship trip to Hull City.

Striker Mounir el Hamdaoui has suffered a shoulder injury that could end his loan spell with the Rams.

He picked up the problem during the first-half of Tuesday's 1-1 draw at Wolverhampton Wanderers and although he fought on to score Derby's second-half equaliser, the injury is more serious than first feared.

"At the game on Tuesday his shoulder did pop out and pop back in again in the first half, and he complained about the pain at half-time," Rams boss Phil Brown confirmed to www.dcfc.co.uk.

"He's just starting to fire on all cylinders at the moment as well with two goals in three games, so now it's a case of hoping that one of the other strikers will step up to the plate with that sort of form.

"We've spoken with the medical people at Tottenham and they've said that if it is going to be a long-term injury then he would need to go back there, and they would deal with it.

"He is on his way back down to Spurs but if there's a positive update then hopefully he will come back if possible.

"Mounir is staring at a possible operation and if that's the case then he will be looking at around two or three months out, which will end the loan deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 13:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Well that's bloody marvelous, he just gets going, and he gets an injury, which could end his spell with us. It's a big disappointment, I'm sure he would have got a few more goals for us. This could open the door for his mate Johhnie Jackson though, I wou;d like Smithy pushed up front now, and Jackson in midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 13:49
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Yeah, it is a bit of a bugger, he definately looked to have goals in him, and we're relying on the midfield too much for goals at the moment.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 16:16
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Thats is so annoying, trust it to happen, to our only striker who seems to be scoring at the moment. Well lets hope one of the others guy can step up to the plate aka, the Mean Lean Stern John, i just the players confidence doesn't dip now hes gona back to spurs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in