Wolves v DERBY - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 12:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Wolves v DERBY

Tough away game tomorrow. But the team should be confident now, and hopefully we can get something out of this game.

Some worrying news on the injury front. Michael Johnson and Andy Davies are both struggling to be fit for the game, after getting knocks in saturdays game, we can't afford to lose both of them, get the physio on overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 12:48
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well after we beat Stoke 2-1 i think were all looking forward to this game but i honselty think that we will get beat by Wolves. Wolves hasn't been a happy hunting ground in recent years and i don't see any change this year. I say Wolves 3 Derby 0. I must say my confidence goes down quite low when i hear that the next game is Wolves away, because i can't remeber the last time we did any good against them away.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 13:56
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
I say Wolves 3 Derby 0.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 14:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nothing like a bit of confidence Neil

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 14:52
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I love neil's little comments on here every now and then!!!!!, i must say i am quietly confident, but i just don't know away at wolves, i think we have only ever taken 1 point away from there, as long as we have been out of the premiership.
But confidence is a wonderful thing to have, and especially the way in which played on saturday hopefully the players will be really up for this game. I can see it being a tight game as Wolves lost on saturday, and will want to get a result on tomorrow.
Im gonna say a 1-1 draw, which would be more than acceptable result
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2005, 15:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Before last season we hadn't won at West Ham for 30 odd years, we had never won away at Wigan before, these things are there to be broken

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 09:36
Premier Player

Phil is looking at bringing in yet another loan, a centre defender, because of our injury worries. We have all these worries in defence, and we have Mills loaned out to MK Dons, he might not be the best, but it's his natural position, and he has done a job there, for Derby in the past.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 09:37
Premier Player

But neil, mills looked very average when i watched him play against Walsall, i don't think loaning him back is the best idea!!!!?, i dnt think we can loan him back now anways, i wud put young nyangta at the back, like to see what he's got there
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 09:43
Premier Player

He would be better than having Kenna play centre back, we'd be better of playing me centre back than Kenna.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 09:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Problem with Mills is he is too slow (probably quicker than Keena nowadays though) he is good in the air though, and has played well for Derby in the past, if he came back to fight for his place, it could bring the best out of him. But I don't think we can bring him back, untill his loan is finished.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 09:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

From what I've heard Brown is trying to pull ina favour from a premiership manager, so anyone know of any good defenders not getting a game at a Prem club this season?

Also Michael Johnson is suspended for the Hull game, even if he makes it for this one, the same problem will be there on saturday.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 14:00
Premier Player

Hmm it would seem very unlikely at this stage that we will get anybody in on loan, unless brown has had got a target that he is likely to get. I think we should give young nyantga a go at the back, n see what he's got. He may turn out to be a good replacement to have in there?.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 15:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

the deadline to get someone in is 5pm, and even then it's leaving it late, I would like to see Nyayanga given a chance as well, I think Holdsworth could be back on the bench as cover as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 15:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Facts and Figures

Two more of the Football League's founding teams meet at Molineux tonight with a history that spans 137 meetings since their first clash in November 1888.

In all competitions the tally stands at 60-47 in favour of the Rams, with a further 30 draws in the 117 years of this particular fixture.

Derby County's record league victory came in January 1891 against Wolverhampton Wanderers, a 9-0 scoreline in their favour.

That still stands today, and has been bettered only by a 12-0 win over Finn Harps in a 1976 UEFA Cup game in the list of the club's all-time biggest wins.

Wolves came close to that four years later with a 7-0 triumph, and in 1947 they added a 7-2 to the list.

It is a game that produces a lot of goals, as a figure of 482 at an average of over 3.5 per game will testify.

Well our record in recent times V Wolves may not be great, but seems over the years we have had the upper hand, and there's been plenty of goals, and seems as we could have a makeshift defence, we could concede a few tonight, so we'll have to bang in a few to get something out of the game.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 16:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Time to get a prediction up, before I go to work then. I can see us conceeding a couple of goals tonight, but I'm gonna be a bit optimistic and say we will score a couple as well. Afterall, we are the only team in the league to have scored in every game of the season so far.

I'll say a 2-2 draw. Hamdaoui and Smith. Miller and Cort will bag Wolves goals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 16:13
Premier Player

As ive already predicted, but i will jus put it again to make sure!!!. I think that it will be a 1-1 draw, i can see us taking the lead but wolves hitting back, Idiakez free-kick and cort getting the goal for the wolves
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 22:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1-1. Miller scores for Wolves early and El Ham Sandwich gets in withing one minute of the second half. Decent result, I'm happy with this draw but we need to start winning games, especially at home if we want to make a charge up the table.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 22:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Got to be happy with a point at Milineux, and we continue the run of scoring in every game this season If we can beat Hull on saturday, and take 7 points from these 3 games foloowing the international break, that would be fantastic

Kevin Poole was supposed to be awesome in goal, making some superb saves, the people who were really getting on his back, (and I'm talking certain fans who didn't have pleasant things to say about him, because we all had our doubts I think) I bet are quiet now.

Nyatanga was at fault at for the goal, but to be exposed like that so early in on your debut, must have been a nightmare, but he kept his head and went onto have a good game, Kenna was roasted all afternoon my Miller and Naylor, the sooner Edworthy is back the better, but as a team we defended very well, as we were put under a lot of pressure.

We had some bright sparks going forward, but gave the ball away too much, the Ham Sandwich strikes again him and Peschi could make a good partnership, we should be looking at extending his loan.

Up one place to 11th, at least we're going in the right direction now

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 22:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We've actually dropeed down to 13th, the table I read 1st was wrong

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2005, 23:30
Premier Player

My predictions really have been good this season so far!!, another good draw away from home, especially goin 1-0 down, showed great characther.
It sounds as if poole had another blinder in the sticks, which can only be a good thing, i say why drop him if he is playing well?, i think if we cud try n get any of the loan players permantly i would try n get the spurs pair n possibly whittingham. As El Hamdoui, is starting to come into his own, after scoring 2 goals now. He took his goal very nicely tonight.
Bring on saturday against the tigers!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in