Queen to own the Rams? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 10:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Queen to own the Rams?

In eight weeks time Derby County could conceivably have a new owner. A very, very rich owner - one of the world's wealthiest people.

On 6th December the holding company 'set up as a vehicle solely for the purpose of the takeover' - Sharmine Ltd, will be dissolved unless it complies with requests from Companies House to submit its financial returns and if the petition to wind it up is enacted.

Its accounts became totally overdue on 21st January 2005 and ten months later there is still no sign of them and a petition to wind them up was filed on 6th September.

When RamsTrust representatives have asked the question of the current owners of Derby County they have assured us that the accounts will be out shortly. They keep on saying that. When asked about the winding up order they firstly claimed it wouldn't happen because the accounts would be submitted, only to deny any knowledge merely a week later that there was a petition lodged.

If the documents are not filed before December 6th then the company will be wound up.

Will there be tears from its employees and devastation over the fears of redundancy so soon before Christmas? Somehow we doubt it.

Sharmine Ltd is little more than a letter box with no employees so it cannot be the company that Jeremy Keith 'reimburses' for his time spent at DCFC can it? Or is that Seabird International? Now remind us again of what exactly Seabird does?

Back to Sharmine Ltd which might be in its final days and its anxious shareholders registered overseas who are:

Cosmo Corp
60 Market Square
PO Box 364
Belize City
Belize.

Williston Consultancy
No 6 Mill Mall
Wickhams Kay
PO Box 3085
Road Town
Tortola
British Virgin Islands

Precision Finance Ltd
60 Market Square
PO Box 364
Belize City
Belize.

Each shareholder with 300 ordinary shares of 1 each, apparently.

So are we going to see angry people from Belize and the British Virgin Islands distressed about the winding up of the company? Somehow we doubt that too. Both places are known as offshore tax havens and it's doubtful that the Sharmine shareholders are domiciled there anyway.

So what happens when a company like Sharmine is wound up? It appears that all its assets revert to the Crown.

So, could we have a new owner? A very, very wealthy woman based in London, Windsor, Norfolk, Edinburgh and Deeside?

Will our new owner decide to invest some money in the club and possibly give Phil Brown the odd Rembrandt to sell to raise cash for players?

Can we expect to see her or her family in the Directors' Box at Pride Park in the near future? Let's not forget she opened the stadium when it was new and even visited it again a few years ago so she has clearly acquired a fondness for the place.

We know also that she was at the 1946 Cup Final to see us lift the trophy.

Will every game start with the National Anthem?

Can we expect to see corgis rather than cuckoos in the boardroom?

Will she bawl down a microphone at us at half time if she thinks we're not cheering enough?

We might laugh but what does it say about our 'business doctors', marketing entrepreneurs and financiers when they can't get accounts in or file annual returns on time?

Why should we have any faith in this much vaunted 'particular business model' that we are told about when we have only seen debt increase and turmoil behind the scenes?

We are sure that another company will be set up and everything transferred to it before Sharmine gets wound up and the sorry inept process of failing to get documentation in on time will commence all over again.

Meanwhile, don't get your hopes up of the Royal Standard fluttering outside Pride Park, unless one of the consortia has got a mystery member that hasn't yet been revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 10:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when it comes to our board, I really don't.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; October 12th, 2005 at 13:26.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 11:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 11:31
Star Player

doesnt Elton John still have something to do with Watford, surely a clash of interests?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 12:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I don't think im going to even comment this!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 13:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
doesnt Elton John still have something to do with Watford, surely a clash of interests?

And I'm not sure if he does.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2005, 15:01
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
If this was ever the case, i somehow doubt that the football league, would allow the one of the highest people in power in the country take over a football club
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2005, 11:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

No, she would never run the club, but the business would belong to the crown, so it would belong to her, but it's not as if she would ever be interested in the club. What would happen to the club then I don't know.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in