Tudgay Looking for Loan Exit - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 11:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Tudgay Looking for Loan Exit

Marcus Tudgay is looking to secure a loan move away from Derby after being overlooked for first-team duties by boss Phil Brown.

The 22-year-old striker has not featured for The Rams since starting the 1-1 home draw with Coventry on September 14.

Brown's side are struggling for form and goals having not won in nine games, but despite that Tudgay has been discarded with the likes of Paul Peschisolido, Stern John, Mounir El Hemdaoui and even Brown's assistant coach Dean Holdsworth being preferred up front.

The hit-man, who won February's Championship Powerade Player of the Month award last season in a campaign that yielded nine goals in 22 appearances, is now desperate to secure the chance to display his talents elsewhere with both Crewe and Sheffield Wednesday thought to be monitoring his situation.

"I am obviously disappointed with the way things have worked out, but I accept that's football and just want to get on with my career," he told skysports.com.

His agent Saif Rubie confirmed that there had been interest in his client and insisted Tudgay would only be interested in remaining in The Championship.

"Championship sides have already shown an interest but we will not discuss names until Derby have received a concrete approach through the right channels," added Rubie.

"Marcus is out of contract in the summer but is hoping to go out and play regularly in The Championship in the meantime.

"He has already proved his ability at this level and just wants the chance to show what he can do."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 11:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Don't see why he has been completely left out, like he has myself, I don't see letting him go to another club in this division as being good, as he will do well for them. And is contract is up at the end of the season, so he'll probably walk away for nothing, when he is worth a bit of money.

Don't understand it!

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 15:44
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Im a bit flustered, to think why, hes not even been on the bench in recent games?, his goals to games ration, is pretty impressive when you read. He can do a better job upfront instead of stern john anyway in my opinon, it seems pointless loaning out, when he is complainin, we dont have a big enough squad anyway. But if hes not playing, i spose all he can do, is ask for a loan move?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 15:48
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I think Tudgay has been unlcuky. He started off having an absolute storming season then he got injured, and he wasn't able to force his way back into the side. Now though things are different, we've got a bit of a striker crisis and i don't see why Phil Brown doesn't pick him. Brown should stop bloody playing Stern John, he's had his chance and in each of his however many games he's played he has shown us that he ain't good enough. Tudgay has been with the club a bit and has shown us that he can knock a few goals in every now and then, plus every time i've seen him he gives a lot to Derby County football club.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 15:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

You would think Tudgay would be first choice striker now, but for some reason Phil Brown doesn't see it that way. I wonder if some of the comments Tudgays agent has made in the press during the season is the reason, behind him not being picked. You just have too look at the Lee Camp situation, too see Brown doesn't like public complaining.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2005, 17:46
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I know, but if that is his agent, there is nothing Tudgay can do about that, thats why i feel for Lee Camp in his sitatuion, it must be pretty embarrassing when your dad phones up your local radio station, and slags off the manager!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2005, 11:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

On the subject of loans....when do we get Pablo Mills back, another one we should never of let out on loan.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2005, 11:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Phil Brown says Derby County have had no offers from clubs wanting to take Marcus Tudgay on loan and insists the out-of-favour striker is still part of his plans.

Tudgay's agent, Saif Rubie, has again been quoted on the matter of the player's future at Pride Park.

"Championship sides have already shown an interest but we will not discuss names until Derby have received a concrete approach through the right channels," said Rubie.

"Marcus is out of contract in the summer but is hoping to go out and play regularly in the Championship in the meantime. He just wants the chance to show what he can do."

But Brown said: "No clubs have been in touch with us about Marcus and a loan is not on the cards because he is still in my plans."

Tudgay (22) has not figured in the last four games after starting against Crewe and Coventry City.

-------------------------------------------

Tudgay's agent is a prick, it's not the 1st time, he's come out in the papers to try and get interest in his player, while the club still say they want too keep him.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2005, 12:32
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
more troubles? my friends.
I like it.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2005, 13:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Never ending troubles at Derby County, always has been the case, and always will be.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in