Brown Happy With Derby Choice - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 13:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Brown Happy With Derby Choice

With the inyernational break, leaving us with a 2 week break, all that happened on saturday, will be left to stew, and will be the talking point untill we eventually come to play Stoke, here's an interview of Sky Sports....

Derby boss Phil Brown says he has no regrets at making his managerial bow with The Rams, despite the difficult start to the season he has experienced so far.

Brown left his post as assistant manager at Bolton for the formidable task of replacing George Burley at Pride Park and his debut season in the top job has now witnessed eight games without a win.

The Rams support vocalised their discontent in the 1-1 draw with Leicester on Saturday, and Brown also has issues with his squad after dropping promising goalkeeper Lee Camp whilst his father attacked the club's management in a radio phone-in.

Despite his baptism of fire in the world of management Brown says he does not regret making the switch to Derby, and called for the club to pull together in what is a difficult period for the Championship outfit.

"I have no regrets about coming here," said Brown.

"My opportunity to get into management could not have come at a better club and hopefully it will continue.

"My message to everybody is that we need togetherness, unity and strength."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 13:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I really can't believe there are people getting on his back already, before the season, most SENSIBLE Derby fans, would have been happy with mid table, with all that's going on at the club, and we're looking like a mid table team, the way some of the fans were carrying on, on saturday you would have thought we had lost 15 games in a row.

But I think, Brown and John got the anger of the fans towards the Board, the financial mess, the Ravanelli?Gregory thing coming out in the papers, as well as the bad results, everything, all the frustration just came out, and them 2 were the ones on the end of it.

If the fans continue to get on players backs like that, things will only get worse.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 14:35
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Most realistic Derby fans, realise what a task brown has got on his hands here, we have already lost our most potent goal threat in Rasiak, and i think we did over-achieve big style last year, in getting in the play-offs, and i think this year, is a more realistic season, with us being around the mid-table mark

Im a big Phil Brown fan, and willing to give him time, i just hope all Derby fans will, but this doesnt seem to be the case

When we lost in the 93/94 season to Leicester City in the playoff final, everyone was saying the same thing, how would we react, we finished 9th the following year, Mcfarland left, and look what happened the following season in 1995/1996 , Messers Smith and Mclaren came in, and really took the league by guidin us 2nd place, and taking us up the Premiership!!!!

Hopefully, if brown is given time and support, he can fulfill our dream of one day gettin back up to the premiership

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 15:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't think the club could afford to sack Phil Brown anyway, and I doubt the board would think about doing so, even if the fans are getting on his back, because there getting on the boards back as well (which is more justified) and Brown looks, after what he has said in the aftermath of the Leicester game, a man ready for a fight, and ready to put his own neck on the line, because he believes in himself. I'm fully behind him, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think he knows what being the top man is all about now, especially at a club with the expectations Derby has. He said himself, when he first came here, it wasn't going to be an easy job.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 13:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well the fans are divided, there's some saying Brown should be sacked, some are 100% behind him, and others are dithering about in the middle. You've got fans calling the fans who booed a disgrace, causing arguments. No-one can agree on whether Mick Camp should have had the outburst he did on the radio.

It all seems a bit of a shambles to me, which fits in well with the rest of the club really.

I'm not looking forward to the Stoke game, somehow I doubt whether the players (some of them at least) are either. What's going to happen if Stern John plays or comes on (god forbid if he came on for Peschi, there would be a riot) are they going to boo again, will they still be on the managers back? What other players are they going to turn on?

I can see us getting thrashed by Stoke!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 14:01
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
It's too early to be saying sack Brown, i don't know why people are saying that.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 16:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think it's madness that people are calling for him too be sacked, but it's typical of some Derby fans.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 18:25
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well yeah i agree with both you guys, i must admit, we are struggling at the moment, but the thought of even comtemplating sacking brown is just ludicrous!!!!, give the guy a break, we've got him our full support and backing throughout this sticky patch we are going through at the moment
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2005, 12:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Now that a few days have gone past, and people have calmed down a bit, more people seem to be getting back behind Brown, not everybody, and some are still unsure about him, but realise he should be given a chance, because managers weren't exactly queueing up when the job became available before.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in