DERBY v Leicester - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2005, 12:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Leicester

Too say we need to win this game is a bit of an understatement. We just can't seem to buy a win at the moment. A local derby could be just what we need, get the crowd behind the team, Leicester are not doing well either, so it's definately winnable, and hopefully play well for 90 minutes, not just in spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2005, 13:15
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
derby, Leicester and Forest in League 1 next season? kind of interesting.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2005, 13:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Might be worth a bet man that's depressing.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 02:58
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
This looks like a fiesty affair on paper, but with both teams in pretty poor form at the moment, you can almost sense that 1 goal will win this game, but im no got gonna predict which team wins it, i will deciede nearer the time, cause im still thinking bout my prediction!!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There's a new debate to the formation now, after switching to 3-5-2 in the 2nd half of Leeds, which looked quite good, it might be worth trying it, BUT Brown's got to choose a formation and stick with it, it's no good to be keep changing it around.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:36 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The preview thing of the official website, always find these an interesting read myself....
Also good to see we have the upper hand in this game, as we don;t against those tree huggers.

It's Derby 43 Leicester 25 over the years as the Rams hold the upper-hand in terms of victories over their near neighbours.

April 1894 saw the first meeting between the two sides, a 0-0 draw in the FA Cup, and it was Derby who took the honours with a 3-0 win in the replay.

The Rams also won the first league meeting in November 1907, an old Division Two encounter, by three goals to one.

The two clubs were rarely apart in the 1920s and 30s, but then met just twice in the space of the next 32 years - and their paths crossed again in Derby's first championship season.

Derby did the double over the Foxes in 1971/72, and then took three points off them in 74/75.

The 1990s saw some of the best battles between the sides, starting at Wembley in May 1994 for the First Division play-off final.

Tommy Johnson set the Rams on their way, Steve Walsh equalised for Leicester shortly before half-time, then with just minutes remaining Walsh rammed home a winner.

Leicester were relegated from the Premiership the following season, and in 1995/96 they were promoted to the top-flight via the play-offs, behind second-placed
Derby - having been the only team to win a league game at the Baseball Ground that season.

Derby won eight of the 12 meetings in the Premiership, with Leicester claiming the other four, and having gone up together the two teams came back down together at the end of the 2001/02 season.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Fadiga has been sent back to Bolton already, Phil Brown says he's not what we need at the moment. He looked to have some quality about him, but also seemed way off the pace. It now leaves the door open for Johnnie Jackson too make a mark.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:50
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Not seen Fadiga play, but people have said he is good, so it's a bit surprising we've sent him back early.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:53
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Bad News. The referee for tomorrows game is Dermot Gallacher, there's nothing worse than getting a Premiership ref in this league.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Your not wrong, they seem to think there bigger than this league or summat, I dunno why we've got him, has ******** Dermot been relegated down a league because the people running the prem have realised he's shyte?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 11:42
Premier Player

Why have we sent Fadiga back early!!!!, from the game that i saw against southampton, he looked like a vey classy player, but i did hear vs leeds, he was not match fit, so i spose that brown had to make a decsion based on that. But he could have used his loan on a player who was match fit!!!!! and could go straight into the side.

To be honest i could'nt care who was reffin the game tomorrow, We just need to win the game!!!!!!!
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 13:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

When you've got a clown like Dermot Gallacher in charge, it's a recipe for disaster, I just hope his bad decisions favour us!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 13:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We've given Leicester only 2394, and they've not even managed too sell them yet....that is poor, you never see Derby or Forest struggling too sell there away tickets for the local derbies. I t will be well short of a sell out tomorrow then, probably only 25 000 I'd guess.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 15:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The big question is what formation do we play tomorrow and should Dean Holdsworth start.

I never thought I wwould say this but I think it would be good to start him, and play 3 at the back. Especially with Leicester having De Vries and Dublin up front, 2 big lads strong in the air. When he came on against Leeds Holdsworth seemed to organise the defence, something that no-one lese has done this season, with Johnson and Davies alongside him, his lack of pace will not get shown up so easy. The only problem is whether he can play for a full 90 minutes.

The team I would quite like to see start

Camp

Johnson - Holdsworth - Davies

Bisgaard - Idiakez - Johnson (s) - Whittingham

---- Smith -----

Peschisolido - El Hamdioui

(Maybe swap Bisgaard and Smith around)

subs - Poole - J Jackson - Tudgay - Bolder - John

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 15:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tommy Smith is rated as 50/50 to be able to play tomorrow due to injury, so either Bolder or Jackson too come in for his debut, not quite sure how the team will be shuffled around though.

Other injuries....

Paul Thirlwell (Achilles), Marc Edworthy (rib), Richard Jackson (groin) and Giles Barnes (ankle) are definitely ruled out, along with Mo Konjic and Lee Grant.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 17:38
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Leicester are struggling, just 2 points from the relegation zone. By the end of tomorrow though, they will be closer to mid table comfort.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 19:20
Premier Player

I`m a tad confused by your team jimbo, i jus wouldn't want to see holdsworth start there, hes come to derby to be an assissant manager and not a player, im sure we have a player who can play centre back, what about Jeff Kenna?, i know that aint his natural postion but, at least hes still playing within the first team
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 23:19
Premier Player

im hoping what i just read on the radio derby website was a wind-up, because they were suggesting that Kevin Poole is set to replace Lee Camp, i know camp has made some right cock-ups this year, and cost us some valuable points, but i just don't think that kevin poole is the right ansewr, if it was Lee Grant on the bench, they i would like to see him give Grant a chance

Look at this way, no disrespect to Poole, hes old enough to be Lee Camp's Dad!!!!!!, i would just let Camp stay in between the sticks, cause i jus feel that Poole, is prown to make the odd decsion from time to time!!!
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 10:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
I`m a tad confused by your team jimbo, i jus wouldn't want to see holdsworth start there, hes come to derby to be an assissant manager and not a player, im sure we have a player who can play centre back, what about Jeff Kenna?, i know that aint his natural postion but, at least hes still playing within the first team
That's because you didn't watch the Leeds game, everyone who went there is saying, it's probably worth playing him, people who didn't are a bit confused, but you have to see these things with your own eyes to believe them

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 10:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
im hoping what i just read on the radio derby website was a wind-up, because they were suggesting that Kevin Poole is set to replace Lee Camp, i know camp has made some right cock-ups this year, and cost us some valuable points, but i just don't think that kevin poole is the right ansewr, if it was Lee Grant on the bench, they i would like to see him give Grant a chance

Look at this way, no disrespect to Poole, hes old enough to be Lee Camp's Dad!!!!!!, i would just let Camp stay in between the sticks, cause i jus feel that Poole, is prown to make the odd decsion from time to time!!!
Yeah, I have no problem with Holdsworth playing, but this one I'm really not too sure about, stick with Camp at least until Grant is fit.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in