Davies Derby Delight - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2005, 15:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Davies Derby Delight

Loan signing Andrew Davies admits he would happily stay with the Rams "forever".

The 20-year-old signed a season-long deal from Premiership side Middlesbrough in the summer, becoming new Derby boss Phil Brown's first signing.

And he has settled into life at Pride Park so well that he would be more than happy to stay on well beyond the term of his loan spell.

"I'm loving it here, the lads are fantastic and I don't want to leave - I want to stay here forever," he tells RamsWorld in an exclusive interview currently being screened.

"This is a club where the staff and the manager are absolutely fantastic and I want to stay here as long as I can.

"I wasn't happy with being sent off, that was difficult and even if it wasn't a red card it was still a bit silly.

"But all these experiences make you a better player so now I'm just looking forward to the rest of the season.

"The area here is fantastic. I'm not living too far away from the training ground so that's good, and Derby is a very nice place."

The former England U20 international scored his first senior goal when he headed the Rams in front with five minutes left of Sunday's game against Southampton.

His joy at netting was there for all to see, but he was disappointed that it didn't earn Derby all three points against the Saints.

Ricardo Fuller's 90th-minute effort earned the visitors a point and denied the Rams their first win since August 20 against Cardiff City.

"I was over the moon when I scored, particularly with it being right at the end as well because I thought we worked really hard to get it to 2-1," the Stockton-born stopper said.

"But there was a little lapse in concentration at the end and they scored a good goal, and that's football sometimes.

"We work on set-plays in training and finally one's paid off so hopefully I can get some more now.

"I scored quite a few in the Academy but that's my first senior goal so I was over the moon, but when they equalised it took it all away.

"I just wanted three points for the team, it wasn't to be and now we've got a game on Saturday so we've got to get ourselves together.

"The lads are going to be strong, the gaffer knows what he wants so we've got to go there and get a result."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2005, 15:16 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Get him signed on Phil!!!!!!!

He has the makings of a good centre back, he just needs to learn how to be more composed on the ball, and then he could be a great player!

I would love it if we could sign him on permanently, I wonder if Boro would let him go though.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2005, 19:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I really like Davies, he is one of my favorites on the team but Boro did use him for some matches last season, he is still a young player so I can't really see Davies staying here "forever" I bet it will be the same like what happened with Osman

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, Boro will probably want him, though if his contract runs out soon, they might be willing to do business, someone remind McLaren of the young stars he took away from us, and persuade himtoo make a deal

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2005, 18:59
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
If we got could Andrew Davies permantly that would be a great addition to the club, he reminds of a young Chris Riggot in his early years with the team, i somehow doubt that it that mclaren will allow him to leave though
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2005, 22:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We can but dream, you never know, some other youngster might burst onto the scene at Boro, leaving Davies surplus to requirements, that's what I'm hoping for

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 17:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

He is playing his best for the club at the moment with Nyatanga, the added responsibility of being the leader at the back seems to be making him play better

Hopefully Boro don't want too recall him in January, so he does stay for the full season long loan, and if we're not enquiring about a transfer we should be, Boro have plenty of defenders and plenty of cash too buy more, they won't miss Davies, they should let us have him for free

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 17:44
Premier Player

He is playing on top of his game at the moment, creating a real good partnership with Nyatanga over these last two games, he really has shown through, perhaps like jimbo has mentioned his responsibility of being the leader at the back, as bought the best out of him.
Im hoping that Middlesborough don't recall him in Janurary, so therefore, he can stay for the full season. Anyway there best defender is Chris Riggot, so they don't need Andy Davies anyway.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2005, 15:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Two goals yesterday, good performance, one of the best, lets hope we can sign him up and not let him slip away like what happened to Osman
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2005, 15:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Davies sounds like he really wants to stay, and unless Middlesbrough, tell him he's almost guaranteed to get a place in the first team, which I doubt will hapen, we have a good chance of getting him. Unless they want lots of money for him of course, that could be a problem.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County's on-loan centre back Andrew Davies has revealed his desire to return to parent club Middlesbrough next month.

The 21-year-old has impressed the Championship side since arriving at Pride Park on a season-long loan back in the summer.

The defender has established himself in Phil Brown's first team, with 19 appearances for The Rams so far this term.

His form has prompted Derby to consider making Davies's loan a permanent arrangement, but the player has stated he wants a future with Boro instead.

"I feel privileged Derby want to buy me, but the place I want to be and the place I feel most at home is Middlesbrough," Davies told Middlesbrough's official website.

"I speak to the club a lot and Boro's scouts are keeping track of me, so fingers crossed.

"Boro is my club and even though I've become used to being first choice at Derby, I definitely wouldn't say no to a return in January."

Bugger!!!!!

He could have waited untill after the Luton game to say things like that, one mistake and he'll probably know what Stern John felt like when he was getting loads of stick.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 13:35
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
lol what a burke. The lad could have worded his statement better. But then again if he meant Derby when he said "i wouldn't say know to a return in January" i'll let the bloke off. You'll get Derby fans going "bloody tosser, his hearts not in it" and all this crap, but you can't blame the lad for wanting to go back to the premiership. I mean Southgate and Ehiogu are nearing the end of their careers, so he has every chance of taking over with Riggot. Central defenders get better with age so the best is yet to come
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 21:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sky just happened to miss the bit out where he says he would still be happy to stay at Derby on loan untill the end of the season, which is in the telegraph, bloody tossers.

Middlesbroughs his hometown club, you can't blame him for wanting to try and make it there first, I'd always want to play for Derby before anyone else.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2005, 21:19
Premier Player

To be fair to Davies, the interview may have been mis-interrpetrued or something?, I mean you can't blame davies wanting to go back to Boro, but then again its not up to him wether he stays at the club, if Boro accpet a bid from us ( which is by the way very unlikely) then he might have no choice
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2005, 11:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Phil Brown has stepped up his bid to keep defender Andrew Davies at Derby County for the rest of the season and beyond.

He has recommended to the board that they make Middlesbrough an offer to guarantee Davies' stay at Pride Park.

The 21-year-old is on a season-long loan unless Middlesbrough recall him in January.

If they do not, he will remain at Derby but Boro will have a 24-hour recall clause.

Brown is keen to remove the uncertainty.

"I have asked the board to make Middlesbrough an offer sufficient to keep Andrew here certainly until the end of this season and hopefully on a permanent basis after that," said Brown.

"Hopefully that offer will be in place on January 1.

"We are looking at a deal to avoid the uncertainty of a possible recall. This would take Andrew to the end of the season and hopefully the deal could then become permanent.

"I have had conversations with Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren and our director of football, Murdo Mackay, is speaking to their chief executive, Keith Lamb.

"I'm confident in Murdo's ability, in Andrew's ability and my own ability to make this happen.

"We are doing everything we can to keep Andrew here."

Brown has defended Davies over the interview he gave to Middlesbrough's official website this week.

He was quoted as saying: "Boro is my club and even though I've become used to being first choice and enjoyed everything at Derby, I definitely wouldn't say no to a return in January."

But Brown says Davies was put in a difficult position by the interview.

"Andrew is a Middlesbrough lad and has an allegiance to the club in terms of a contract. He said what he had to say," said Brown.

"I know what he has said to me. I know he is enjoying his time here, he is playing first-team football and would relish the chance to join Derby on a permanent basis."

Davies (pictured) is some way from the first team at Middlesbrough but has made 19 appearances for Derby and scored three goals.

He is forming a promising central defensive partnership with 17-year-old Lewin Nyatanga which has helped the team to record three clean sheets in a five-match unbeaten run.

Brown presented his January shopping list to the Rams board on Thursday and described discussions as "very positive".

He added: "There is a budget and we have to work within it.

"If players come in then others have to go out. The board are doing everything they can to help me."

Derby say they are close to agreement with defenders Mo Konjic and Jamie Vincent over settling up the remaining six months of their contracts.

Former Rams striker Gianfranco Labarthe Tome is set to join non-League Rocester on trial.

The 21-year-old Peruvian was signed by George Burley but had his contract terminated a little over a year ago

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2005, 11:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, with the interview being with Middlesbrough, it would have been awkward, Brown seems confident he can keep Davies here longer, let's hope he is right.

And what thef'uck has happened to Tome????

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 18:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Boro have recalled Davies, oh f'uck, we're screwed.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 19:02
Premier Player

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 22:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

maybe this is why we got Moore and the Polish player in such a short notice, they were expecting this
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2006, 13:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

When we k got Davies too stay on loan earlier in the month, we took away the call back clause, meaning we keep him too the end of the season no matter what, but Derby f'ucked up the paper work, so Boro have taken advantage and taken him back. What a f'ucking joke.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in