Seth Johnson - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 17:30 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Seth Johnson

As people who know me, already know, im not seth johnson's biggest fan at all. But since he has been at Derby county hes not had one decent performance yet!!, i know hes not been in many games, but even when hes come off the bench hes performances have been less than impressive

I know i should be giving him more time, but he doesnt seem the player he once was,it makes you wonder that Leeds coudn't wait to see the back of him

Me n steel neil were discussin the other nite, wether he will ever be the same player, because that knee injury certaintly has dampened his aggressive streak. I hope im wrong because i think he could certaintly be a key player in getting us back to the premiership, i just wana know what other people think about this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 21:08
Star Player

It doesn't help that his knee swells up and he has to rest for 2 days after every game :undecide:
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 11:36
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos

because that knee injury certaintly has dampened his aggressive streak.
No it hasn't, he still goes into challenges 100% and very aggresively, and that's why he's picked up a few yellow cards.

Who's been telling you his aggresive streak has dampened.....seems as you don't actually go to the games They've been lying to you mate.

He's only been playing bits of games because our midfield is doing great, and there has been no reason to drop any of the 3 central midfielders. That's why he's come on as a left back in the last 2 games......just shows how thin our squad is.

IMO Johnson has been doing just fine. Of course he is still a bit rusty, but that's too be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 11:38
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken
It doesn't help that his knee swells up and he has to rest for 2 days after every game :undecide:
Last week he played on saturday, and then again on Monday, so that can't be 100% accurate. It is true that our Physio is keeping a close eye on Johnson's knee, and he regulalt has check ups.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 13:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I think he has done well so far, we have to wait until he is completely fit
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 16:11
Rising Star

A completely Fit Seth Johnson - no chance

As for playing a decent game I watched him play all his games for Leeds and he only ever had one decent game for us Wolves at Home

Why Leeds were so eager to get rid - 37K a week for a cripple

Hope he does the business for you - but somehow I doubt he will ever get the fitness back - at least you are only shelling out 4K a week to boost up his enormmous pension fund
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 18:43
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Last week he played on saturday, and then again on Monday, so that can't be 100% accurate. It is true that our Physio is keeping a close eye on Johnson's knee, and he regulalt has check ups.
Well I know that was the case at one point earlier this summer, maybe he is better now (well, a bit)
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 18:45
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Brescia
A completely Fit Seth Johnson - no chance

As for playing a decent game I watched him play all his games for Leeds and he only ever had one decent game for us Wolves at Home
What about Blackburn (2 goals) and West Ham (1)???, that was when he was on his little scoring run
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 21:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

i jus dont rate him basically, if hes performances pick up, i will be the first one to admit im wrong
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2005, 12:00
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Well I know that was the case at one point earlier this summer, maybe he is better now (well, a bit)
His knee is cerainly the strongest it's been, since the the first injury. There will always be the worry that he will be prone to knee injuries though. But he's not going into anything half hearted, and doesn't look like a player nursing a bad knee to me.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2005, 12:01
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
i jus dont rate him basically, if hes performances pick up, i will be the first one to admit im wrong
I know that, while every Derby fan on the planet was ecstatic about Johnson's return, your the only guy I've come across who doesn't rate him.....you mad man.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2005, 20:25
Star Player

He's not as good as good as Shaun Derry anyway
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2005, 10:14
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
He's not as good as good as Shaun Derry anyway
Shaun Who?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 11:17
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Seth Johnson looks to be playing his way to a new deal with Derby County and the midfielder is keen to stay.

Around a dozen players are out of contract next summer including the 26-year-old midfielder, who signed for 12 months when he rejoined the Rams in August.

Director of football Murdo Mackay has been delighted with Johnson, who has made 16 appearances this season.

"Seth's going from strength to strength and I would certainly like to see him stay here for a lot longer," he said.

"I have been forewarned about interest in him from a number of clubs and that does not surprise me.

"We have been very impressed with him. He is happy at Derby and enjoying himself and that is a major factor. He wants to play for Derby.

"Seth has a belief in this football club, in the manager and the people around him.

"It is a brilliant relationship and hopefully that will continue for a long time to come."

Johnson added: "I am not on big money at Derby and I don't need to play for financial gain. But I am hungry to prove a point to myself.

"I don't know if my agent is talking to Derby but I want to stay. If the club want me then I would be happy to sign a long-term contract."

Rams manager Phil Brown said he will discuss contracts this month having had four months to assess the strengths and weaknesses of his squad.

Brown has been impressed with Johnson, whose signing was a gamble given his injury record at Leeds United.

The former England international has been Derby's best midfielder in a run of 12 consecutive starts. But other clubs have noticed his form and fitness.

"We are conscious of that fact and we know what an asset Seth is to the club," said Brown.

"Seth has more than impressed me, our medical people and his colleagues.

"What he has done for us so far has been outstanding but, like everybody else, he is bitterly disappointed that our good performances have not brought victories.

"The club and myself are looking at all contracts, long-term, short-term and possible loans."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sign him up!!!!

Seth's well on course for Player of the Year, he's been man of the match for about the last 6 games in a row, he's a legend, definately the best bit of business we've ever done.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2005, 10:46 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Ok, ill admit, i might be eating some humble pie here, but he has been outstanding theses dozen games or so, certaintly been Derby's most consistent player and i'm happy for the lad. Lets hope some of the older players, can a look at the passion and pride, seth takes in wearing the derby shirt.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2005, 11:02
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

How's that Humble Pie taste then?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2005, 11:06
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Yes, how does it taste???
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 09:46
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Seth Jonhson makes his 100th appearance for Derby County today - and is hoping to notch up another century with the club.

Derby are in talks with the player's agent about a new deal to keep the 26-year-old midfielder at Pride Park beyond the end of the season.

"If Derby want me, I'd love to stay - I can't see any stumbling blocks," said Johnson, who will reach a century of games for the Rams when he lines up against Brighton at the Withdean Stadium this afternoon.

He made 81 appearances during his first spell at the club before a Ł7m-plus transfer took him to Leeds United, where he suffered an injury nightmare.

Johnson has played 18 times since returning in August and is enjoying a run of 14 consecutive starts.

He has thanked the Rams for showing faith in him following his long list of injuries and wants to reward them by helping the club back to the Premiership.

"Derby were one of the few clubs willing to give me another opportunity to play again after leaving Leeds," said Johnson.

"They were the ones who really made an effort and showed that they wanted to sign me and I thank them for that.

"Talks are on-going with my agent about a contract. I'm not sure how far down the line they are but hopefully something will be sorted out soon.

"I don't see any problems. I'm very pleased to be here.

"The manager has been good to me and so have the supporters. I have no reason to want to leave.

"I'm playing football and I want to help to take the club forward and the Premiership must be our long-term goal."

Johnson was proud to skipper Derby to victory at Stoke on Tuesday and is equally proud to reach 100 games for the club.

"It's a nice milestone and a proud moment," he said. "Hopefully, I can go on and play another 100 games for Derby.

"I haven't played this many matches for a number of years. Things are going well at the moment and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed."

Seth is a legend

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 11:38
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I hope he does play another 100 games for us, and eben more, that would be great.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2005, 13:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

As kevin keegan would say, "He wears his heart on his sleve"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in