Protests Planned - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2005, 12:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Protests Planned

Protests planned on sale of star
Derby fans are planning a series of protests against the club after its high-profile sale of star striker Grzegorz Rasiak.

He joined Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday in a 2m deal just before the midnight transfer deadline.

But members of the RamsTrust supporters' club have raised concerns regarding the circumstances surrounding the sale of Rasiak and the "well-documented financial pressures on the club".

They are calling for all supporters to unite in protest "to effect positive change in the direction and ownership at the club".

Supporters say protests could be made on match days with the use of chanting and placards, black armbands being worn or the boycotting of the club shop.

A statement from RamsTrust said: "The outright anger being expressed by Rams fans towards the current owners at the timing and motivation of Rasiak's sale is the culmination of many months of mistrust of the current occupants of the boardroom.

"More and more fans consider it to be in the best long-term interests of the club if the ownership changes, before the team and fans suffer any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2005, 12:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's about bloody time IMO

The current owners have done nothing for the club, but sell off players and increase the debt by 10-15 million. We get a bit of on field success and the manager resigns, now even people inside the board room are arguing and in public.

These clowns need chasing out of town :fero:

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 13:41
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
well i must admit, a protest has never been far away from the fans eyes, but i jus doubt it will actually affect any of the club's going on, i mean lets look at Man U, they protestesd loads and glazier took over the club, so i doubt it will change anything at all

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 11:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The best we can hope for is if it's made clear the fans want the board out, that they will listen to any offers which are made for the club, seems as it's always rumoured someone's trying to take over the club.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 12:08
Star Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, England
I thought you told me he wouldnt go?

"If god wanted us to play football in the air then he would have built a pitch in the clouds"

Brian Clough - Legend
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 14:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I said Idiakez wouldn't go.....and he hasn't.

Rasiak wanted to play in the Premiership, I knew he'd be off if the chance cama along, he wouldn't go to another Championship club instead of Derby, but bigger wages a chance to play in the premiership, which increases his chances of starting for Poland in the World Cup....I knew he's be off without a thought.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in