Rasiak To Go? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 10:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Rasiak To Go?

Derby County are expected to sell Grzegorz Rasiak before the transfer window closes today.

The Rams could receive Ł2m-plus for the Polish international striker who arrived at Pride Park on a free less than 12 months ago.

His likely destination is Wolverhampton Wanderers but Sunderland and Sheffield United have also shown interest in the 26-year-old.

Rams boss Phil Brown wants Rasiak to stay but admits the club have to consider any serious offers.

"I fully expect more than one or two bids on the table before the window closes," said Brown.

"Clubs get the jitters as the deadline approaches. The bids can get bigger and bigger and it can become a bit of an auction.

"If that's the case, then I am governed by the finances at the club. They will dictate whether Grzegorz stays or not.

"I've said all along that I want to keep the best players here but, if I have to lose Grzegorz, then hopefully there will be one or two players coming in that will be more than capable of filling his boots."

Rasiak's likely departure will bring in transfer cash and free up space in the wage budget. He is believed to be one of the highest earners.

Derby insist they would not be bowing to financial pressure if the player was sold but the bank would see part of the Rasiak money.

Brown will also receive a chunk for squad strengthening.

"I have always asked for two or three more players. If I have to lose Grzegorz, then it has to be more than two or three. That's how I'm looking at it," said Brown.

"The squad is already thin, without losing your best striker. Finding somebody to score goals in this division is going to take money, time, energy and effort.

"If Grzegorz goes, we will have to replace the 16 or 17 goals he scored last season. That is a tough ask."

Rasiak's 16 league goals helped the Rams reach the play-offs, where Preston ended their promotion hopes.

Rasiak has said he wants to play in the Premiership and Wolves are the bookies' favourites to go up.

They started showing an interest in the striker and Spanish midfielder Inigo Idiakez at the back end of last season. Wolves assistant manager Stuart Gray watched the Rams lose to Watford on Monday.

Football League clubs must complete their business before 5pm today, although clubs can sign unattached players after the window has closed.

Rasiak joined Derby in September last year after Italian club Siena failed to register him following his move from Groclin.

He is currently away on international duty with Poland, who face home World Cup qualifiers against Austria at the weekend and Wales next Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Heard it all before with Idiakez and I'm getting sick of it. If Idiakez didn't have to go, why does Rasiak? If we sell him any promotion/play off chances can be kissed goodbye. None of our other strikers can get you 20 goals a season like Rasiak can.

Untill I see a bid has been accepted, I won't bel;ieve he is going.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 14:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
why sell him to a team in our division??!

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 14:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
well if rasiak goes, we can say goodbye to any realistic chances of promotion, if brown can wave his magic wand around n get someone else to replace him i will give him a medal, but if tudgay or pesch can get 20 goals i will give them medals as well, there jus not capable of scorin that amount of goals in this divison, its ashame reali as rasiak hasn't really had a decent enough carrer here
But if he does go, none of the things will be relevant reali, n lets hope that he doesnt get sold
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 16:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

My Dad has told me Sunderland have offered 3.2 million for Rasiak.....BUT the transfer deadline coles in less than 50 minutes. Our best hope could be a deal can't be done in time.

Also on sky sports.com, it says Tudgay could be leaving be can't sell both surely?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 16:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sunderlandb haven't offered 3.2 mill, my dad was just winding me up the wan.......they still could do though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 19:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

An offer believed to be in the region of Ł2 million made by Wolves was Accepted by Derby County.

BUT

Rasiak rejected Wolves offer, as he was not happy with the personal terms, and decided to stay at Derby

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 19:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Premiership clubs can still sign players from football league clubs, untill midnight. So Sunderland could still come in with an offer for Rasiak. Just when I thought we were safe I find this out

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 19:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I think Rasiak will stay :thmbup:
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 19:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think he will too. But I will feel a lot happier, when it's midnight, and that nagging doubt in the back of my brain, can disappear.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 19:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

have a few drinks and you can forget about it now
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 20:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I drank all the beer over the bank holiday weekend I would go too the shop but at the moment there's a thunder storm. I've got a bottle of Raki, which could disappear if he gets sold and I get all depressed

There's only 4 more hours to go, it will fly by....hopefully.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 23:47
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
ive jus been the rams forum on www.therams.co.uk, and obviosuly people on there dont know what there talkin about, sayin that rasiak shuld f off!!!, rasaik has never stated that he wanted to leave once, so i dno why they supporters should get on his back lol
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2005, 23:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

thats stupid
I don't know why but some Derby supporters (not the ones here obviously) are so easy to hate on players for no reason
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 03:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Looks like he is going to Tottenham
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 08:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
thats stupid
I don't know why but some Derby supporters (not the ones here obviously) are so easy to hate on players for no reason
Very true, I don't really like that site Durkos is talking about, I am signed up for it and do post occasionally, but there's to many idiots on there who talk crap.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 08:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes Rasiak joins Spurs

I don't see where our goals will come from now, and it is very unlikely Phil Brown can find another Rasiak, as now the transfer window is closed, we can only sign players not attatched to a club.

Rasiak and Mills leave, and no-one comes in....I thought out squad was already too small

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 08:57
Premier Player

Teams: Legia Warsaw & Poland
On the one hand I feel happy for Rasiak, on the other hand I feel a bit sorry for Derby.

You saved Rasiak for our football's sake

Xtratime Champions Cup 2004/05 winner
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 10:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The lure of the premieship and probably a big salary took him away, I can't really blame him. He had some magical performances for Derby which were a pleasure too watch. Though I'm angry he's gone, I hope he gets his chance at Spurs and does well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2005, 10:21
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Bad news. To be near the top we needed his goals, none of our other forwards are 20 goals a season players, now you have to wonder where our goals will come from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in