Tudgay set to leave Derby - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 12:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Tudgay set to leave Derby

Tudgay set to leave Derby

Striker Marcus Tudgay has confirmed his Derby career is at an end after being told his Pride Park contract will not be renewed.

The 22-year-old, often employed on the wing last season, scored 16 goals in 77 appearances after being promoted from the youth ranks.

But with a season to run on his existing deal, Tudgay said: "I've been here a long time and would love to stay but it doesn't look like Derby are willing to give me the chance.

"I don't want to leave because I love the club and the fans, but I must also think about my family and future."

The player's agent, Saif Rubie, added: "I've been trying hard to get Marcus a new deal.

"But Derby have been unwilling to offer him anything which is a shame given his contribution last year.

"It looks like he'll have to move on to fulfil his potential but he is prepared to leave and has already demonstrated his ability at Championship level."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 12:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hmmmmmm the only Derby player to win a player of the month award last season (February) Good for a goal, did a job when asked to play wide midfield, and banged in a couple of goals in pre season. Can't see why we want to let him go. And if he does go we want good money for him, not peanuts.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 12:57
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I think it's a huge mistake letting Tudgay go. Like you said Jimbo the only Derby player to win player of the month, altohugh in my opinion i didn't think he desevered to win it that month. But he is a good young player who gives his all and a player who could do a good job if given a chance at most championship clubs. I don't think we've seen the best of marcus tudgay yet and it's a mistake to be letting him go.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 13:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
I think it's a huge mistake letting Tudgay go. Like you said Jimbo the only Derby player to win player of the month, altohugh in my opinion i didn't think he desevered to win it that month. But he is a good young player who gives his all and a player who could do a good job if given a chance at most championship clubs. I don't think we've seen the best of marcus tudgay yet and it's a mistake to be letting him go.
Definately a mistake to let him go, our loss will be someone else's gain, wouldn't be surprised to see him come back to haunt us with a few goals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 13:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
big mistake...where do you think he will go?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 15:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

One Championship club, was reported to be interested in him a while back....think it might have been Burnley, but not 100% sure on that.

I think he'll be looking at that sort of club (mid table championship), where he can be 1st choice striker.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2005, 19:28
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I must admit, i was very shocked to hear him moving on, but realisticly i would much rather see him leave, than some of our other players i.e idiakez n rasiak
He scored a few goals, but he drifted in and out of games too much, he would score you a goal fair enough, but he wouldn't too much else!!!!!
You may think i've totally lost it, but thats just my opinon
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 09:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
I must admit, i was very shocked to hear him moving on, but realisticly i would much rather see him leave, than some of our other players i.e idiakez n rasiak
He scored a few goals, but he drifted in and out of games too much, he would score you a goal fair enough, but he wouldn't too much else!!!!!
You may think i've totally lost it, but thats just my opinon
You have lost it mate

Him going.....maybe not for a while yet either, won't see the end of the players leaving for the exit door, in fact if we sold off the whole team, we'd still be in debt I reckon.

Tudgay's a good player, and it's a shame he will leave, but I suppose people (including myself) have said for a while, that maybe we should move one of Smith, Rasiak, Peschi and Tudgay on, and we definately don't want Smith or Rasiak going anywhere.

Let's hope we get a decent lump of cash for him though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2005, 12:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Murdo Mackay has hit out at Tudgay's agent, basically saying, the reason Tudgay has not been offered a new contract, is because Phil Brown needs time to settle in and really asses all the players with only a year on their contract left, that's why he hasn't been offered anything at this time

Seems like the agent playing silly buggers, to get a new deal or a transfer.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in