Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbenbeslij
chris eagles motm
Nyatanga(sp.)
spot on

Yeah one of many talent youngsters we've got at the moment, he seems to be the one getting the most attention at the minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 499 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2006, 09:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Midfielder Matt Richards has been called up to the England U17 for their forthcoming European Championship qualifying fixtures.

The 16-year-old has been in fine form for Derby's U18 side in the FA Academy Premier League this season and gets another chance to pit his wits at international level.

Derby-born Richards already has seven caps at U17 level and will be wanting to add to that tally as England bid to reach the finals for the fifth time in six seasons.

They take on Italy at Huddersfield Town's Galpharm Stadium on March 28 (7.30pm), Bulgaria at Barnsley's Oakwell ground two days later (7.30pm).

England finish their fixtures at Scunthorpe United's Glanford Park on April 1 with a game against Russia (3pm).

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #103 of 499 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2006, 00:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Russia and Bulgaria, wow this might be the first time I'll cheer for England

post #104 of 499 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 09:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Young Derby midfielder Matt Richards made his first start of the European U17 Championship qualifying campaign but couldn't help prevent England slipping to a 2-1 defeat at home to Russia that ended their hopes of reaching the final.

Draws in their opening two games had meant that England needed to beat the Russians at Scunthorpe United's Glanford Park on Saturday afternoon if they were going to have a chance of reaching May's finals in Luxembourg.

And with 16-year-old Richards taking his place in midfield they made the perfect start when Michael Nardiello gave them a fifth-minute lead.

But just 15 minutes later they were behind and their hopes of reaching the finals were in tatters after the Russians turned things around in some style.

Richards, who was replaced by Josh Wright in the 53rd minute, had been an unused substitute in England's first two games of the qualifying campaign - a 2-2 draw with Italy and a 0-0 stalemate with Bulgaria.

Bit disappointing he didn't get too many minutes on the pitch, and when he does they go and lose

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #105 of 499 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2006, 01:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Not a current Ram but a former one p

Igor Stimac was appointed as the Cibalia manager on Wednesday and today it was his first match in charge of the newly promoted club who are fighting against relegation and he earned a 0:0 draw. There are 6 matches left in the Croatian league and Cibalia are 7 points above the relegation zone. Stimac played for Cibalia in the late 80's when he was 19 years old on loan from Hajduk.

looks confused
post #106 of 499 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2006, 09:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good ol Igor, now he's become a manager he'll get linked even more linked with the Derby job whn it becomes available, not this time though I don't think.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #107 of 499 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2006, 10:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Young Rams defender Mitch Hanson has been called up to the England U18 squad for Monday's friendly against Slovenia.

The 17-year-old right-back was told the news on Wednesday afternoon and is hoping to make his international bow at Bournemouth's Fitness First Stadium.

Derby-born Hanson, a first-year Academy scholar, is a member of the club's table-topping U18 side and was on the bench for the first-team's Coca-Cola Championship defeat at Reading on April 1.

If he plays, Hanson will follow Lionel Ainsworth, Nathan Doyle, Giles Barnes, Lee Holmes and autumn loanee Peter Whittingham in pulling on an England shirt at various age levels this season.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #108 of 499 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 11:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams winger Lee Holmes has the chance to further press his international ambitions with a call-up to the England U19 squad for May's European U19 Championship qualifiers.

The 19-year-old has been selected by coach Martin Hunter ahead of the Elite Qualifying Round fixtures, which see England pitted against Belgium, Northern Ireland, and Serbia & Montenegro.

Holmes captained England in their last match, a 3-0 win over Slovakia, and scored a superb goal to set them on their way.

He is joined in the squad by Middlesbrough's Lee Cattermole, Arsenal wonder-kid Theo Walcott and Manchester City's Micah Richards.

Should England make it through their qualifying group they will go on to July's finals, a factor Hunter believes will help lift the players after long seasons with their clubs.

"It's a long season for the players, but hopefully they will be in good shape for this tournament as it is a great opportunity for them," Hunter told www.thefa.com.

"We will be playing three very different sides over there; Northern Ireland will be just like a local derby, Belgium will have the home support and Serbia and Montenegro will want revenge for our victory over them last year in the semi-finals of the European Championships.

"The style of football that each side play is very different and that will be a test in itself as the players will have to adapt to three separate ways of playing.

"But this is exactly the kind of test you need at this age group.

"We are lucky in having a squad of 18 experienced players and it should be a very entertaining tournament with some great matches, and fingers crossed we can be successful.

"It is a valuable experience for the players to play in such a competitive arena, you really can't replicate it.

"Hopefully these players will make it to U21 level and perhaps even senior level for their country, and what they learn from this tournament will make that step up much more manageable."

England face hosts Belgium on May 18 at KSK Ronze, Northern Ireland two days later at AFC Tubize, before closing their matches against Serbia & Montenegro on May 22 at FC Tournai.

I wish he'd show his form at this level, for us. I suppose a long run in the side might help.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #109 of 499 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 13:49
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well your right, but keep in mind he is playing against other people in his age group here, and therefore he might feel more confident about taking on players etc, I mean its a bit different playing against me or you, to some1 like Gary Neville or sumthin
post #110 of 499 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 03:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Nyatanga is selected to the U21 squad of Wales and they will play in a playoff against Estonia
post #111 of 499 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2006, 10:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I suppose the full squad aren't playing any games this summer

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #112 of 499 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 10:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nyatanga has been called up for the full Wales squad as well...how can they call him up for both, he's supposed too be resting for next season

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #113 of 499 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 11:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

well the U21's have a playoff with Estonia which is two games and the winner plays Turkey and Israel in a group. The first leg in tomorrow and the second is next week. I'm guessing the Wales first team game will be after these two games
post #114 of 499 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 12:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teenage Rams star Lewin Nyatanga helped Wales to take command of their European U21 Championship qualifying tie against Estonia on Wednesday evening.

Nyatanga, 17, lined up at centre-half for Brian Flynn's side in the Talinn first-leg and put in a fine performance as Wales came home with a 2-0 win.

The win puts Wales in a fine position ahead of the second leg, at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground on Wednesday May 24.

If they come through that Wales will then go on to face Israel away and Turkey at home in the autumn.

Nyatanga has also been included in coach John Toshack's senior Wales squad for friendlies against a Basque XI (now being played on May 21) and Trinidad & Tobago (May 27)

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #115 of 499 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 09:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lee Holmes lined up in the number nine shirt but England's U19 players suffered defeat in the first of their European U19 Championship Elite Qualifying Round matches.

Head coach Martin Hunter's Young Lions took on the hosts Belgium on Thursday evening and quickly found themselves behind to a sixth-minute goal.

England created plenty of chances but it was Belgium who scored again on 68 minutes and although Blackburn Rovers striker Joe Garner pulled one back three minutes later, they couldn't find an equaliser.

Northern Ireland are England's next opponents, on Saturday evening, and they go into the game after beating Serbia & Montenegro 4-1 in their opener.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #116 of 499 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 14:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Holmes to score 5 against SiCG
post #117 of 499 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lee Holmes has kept England's hopes of qualifying for the European Under-19 Championships alive.

The Derby County winger was on target in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Northern Ireland and set-up the late winner scored by Crewe's Gary Roberts.

Holmes has now scored nine goals in his 19 appearances for the Under-19s.

Hosts Belgium, who beat England last Thursday, head the group by one point in the four-team round-robin qualifying tournament.

The Belgians face Northern Ireland tonight in their final match but England could still progress to the July finals in Poland if they beat Serbia & Montenegro and the other result is a draw

It's about time he started doing the business in Derby shirt, if he played to potential on the left, and had Smith on the right, with a good centre forward in the box, we'd score loads of goals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #118 of 499 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County's Lewin Nyatanga was part of the Wales side which overcame a Basque National XI to win 1-0 in a representative match in San Sebastian last night.

Ryan Giggs scored the only goal of the game when he struck in the 76th minute.

Nyatanga made history when he became the youngest-ever player to represent the full Wales side in a friendly against Paraguay, at the Millennium Stadium on March 1.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #119 of 499 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 14:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

England's dream of lifting the European U19 Championship is over after they lost 1-0 to Serbia & Montenegro in their final Elite Qualifying Round match.

Monday's defeat, coupled with a 3-2 win for Belgium over Northern Ireland, meant the Young Lions finished bottom of their group - having gone into the final round of games knowing they could also have finished top.

Derby winger Lee Holmes, who scored in the final last year when England were beaten by France, lined up once again for Martin Hunter's side but chances weren't taken and a goal ten minutes into the second half killed them off.

England had been beaten by Belgium in their opening fixture but then beat Northern Ireland on Saturday to give themselves a chance of qualifying for July's finals in Poland

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #120 of 499 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 10:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lewin Nyatanga's reign as the youngest-ever full Welsh international is over after the emergence of Southampton starlet Gareth Bale.

Full-back Bale, who has appeared just twice for the Saints, came on for the national side during the second half of their 2-1 friendly win over World Cup-bound Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday evening - at the age of just 16 years and 315 days.

Rams defender Nyatanga, 17 - who had broken the country's record in March - came on at half-time to win his third cap and impressed once more on the left of the Welsh back three.

Former Derby loanee Stern John opened the scoring in the 32nd minute of the encounter in Switzerland, but Robert Earnshaw levelled for Wales before half-time and then won the game with a late second.

Got too watch the last 10 inutes of this game, Nyatanga looked right a home, I'll be surprised if there's no offers for him this summer.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in