International Rams - Page 5 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 499 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 09:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
On-loan striker Stern John is relishing a World Cup showdown with England after his Trinidad and Tobago side were drawn in the same group as the Three Lions.

John knows it's a tough challenge but insists that The Warriors won't be in Germany to make up the numbers next summer.

"We were still celebrating our first World Cup qualification and to be drawn in England's group makes it extra special," he said.

"Many Trinidad and Tobago players play in this country so we know what England are all about and, although it's a tough draw, Northern Ireland have proved that they can be beaten.

"As far as we're concerned, playing in a World Cup is an unbelievable feeling but we're not going to Germany just to enjoy the experience and make up the numbers.

"We want to go and establish ourselves as an international team and prove we're worthy of a place in the tournament and in future World Cups.

"To be in England's group is exciting for our fans, too, because in Trinidad the majority of football on the TV is from the Premiership."

England and Trinidad and Tobago were drawn in group B alongside Paraguay and Sweden.

Unlikely he will be with us come the world cup, so we won't be able to claim to have a player in it...I guarantee he scores past England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 499 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 09:45
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I wouldn't be surprised if he scores past us either, might be worth a bet, you'd probably get good odds.
post #83 of 499 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 09:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
, might be worth a bet, you'd probably get good odds.
I think i'll definately have some money on it, I just have a feeling he will score.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #84 of 499 (permalink) Old December 12th, 2005, 13:58
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I bet john will score, he hasn't got a chance against people like Gerry Taggert or someone like that, n In the World Cup, he'll run rings round John Terry or someone. But knwing Lean Mean Stern, he will score an own goal or something
post #85 of 499 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2005, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
But knwing Lean Mean Stern, he will score an own goal or something

I dunno, he's never looked like a player whoo will track back far enough to score an own goal.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #86 of 499 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2005, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Academy duo Karl Ashton and Matt Richards helped England U17 to finish their 2005 fixtures on a high with a 1-0 victory over Turkey on Tuesday.

Derby-born striker Ashton, 16, made his first start for the U17 side and was a danger to the visitors until he was replaced with ten minutes to go.

Midfielder Richards, 15, came on as a half-time substitute in the friendly at Notts County's Meadow Lane.

The game was won thanks to a goal from Manchester City forward Daniel Sturridge - the nephew of former Rams front-man Dean Sturridge - in the last minute.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if we will see this lad Richards have a chance with the 1st team soon, just look at Nyatanga, we went out getting all these players in on loan, when all the time the best option was sat there in the youth team all the time, I wonder if he's in Brown's thoughts. And with Terry Westley now involved with the 1st team, I'm sure he will always be telling Brown which youngsters could be worth a try.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #87 of 499 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2006, 12:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams goalkeeper Lee Camp has been named in the Football League U21 squad for their forthcoming friendly against their counterparts from Italy.

Derby-born Camp, 21, is one of four custodians named in the preliminary squad by manager Peter Taylor to take on a team made up from Serie B players.

Taylor, also the England U21 manager, will be leading the English players on his home turf - Hull City's Kingston Communications Stadium - on Tuesday February 21 (7.45pm).

He said: "It'll be a great opportunity for the players involved to come and play at a terrific stadium against European opposition and should be a good night.

"I don't get to see every player so I've looked at the situation and spoken to certain managers.

"The squad I've selected is a big one but it needs to be as the game is a while away and you have to allow for things like injuries.

"But I'm sure the 16 players who make up the squad on the night will form a strong, competitive side."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #88 of 499 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2006, 16:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Winger Lee Holmes has the opportunity to continue his international career after being called up to the England U19 squad for this month's friendly.

Holmes, 18, is in alongside Arsenal wonder-kid Theo Walcott to take on Slovakia at Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium on Tuesday February 28 (7pm kick-off).

The match against Slovakia is England coach Martin Hunter's last chance to get his squad together before their Elite Qualifying round fixtures against Belgium, Serbia and Montenegro and Northern Ireland for the 2006 European U19 Championship.

Holmes usually impresses in these games, usually more so than in a Derby shirt.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #89 of 499 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2006, 03:00
Premier Player

See this link, and gives you the impression that Tom Huddlestone will be a good player

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183095
post #90 of 499 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2006, 08:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, the next Vieira

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #91 of 499 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2006, 10:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams goalkeeper Lee Camp has made the final squad for the Football League U21 side's forthcoming friendly against the Italian League.

Team manager Peter Taylor has announced his final squad for the forthcoming match with the Italian League at Hull City's Kingston Communications Stadium on Feb 21 (Kick-off 7.45pm).

The squad, which has been reduced to a party of 21 from the provisional 33-man squad announced recently, includes players from all three divisions of The Football League.

As the pinnacle of The Football League's youth development programme, the match will see the best young talent from the Coca-Cola Football League in action against their counterparts from Italy's Serie B.

Former Derby strikers Dexter Blackstock and Izale McLeod are also included in the final cut.

Goalkeepers
Lee Camp (Derby County); Scott Flinders (Barnsley).

Defenders
Gary Borrowdale (Crystal Palace); Luke Chambers (Northampton Town); Simon Francis (Tranmere Rovers, on loan from Sheffield United); Greg Halford (Colchester United); Wes Morgan (Nottingham Forest); Richard Stearman (Leicester City); Sam Tillen (Brentford); Richard Wood (Sheffield Wednesday).

Midfielders
Chris Eagles (Watford, on loan from Manchester United); Ryan Smith (Leicester City, on loan from Arsenal); Tom Soares (Crystal Palace); Simon Walton (Leeds United); Ben Watson (Crystal Palace); John Welsh (Hull City).

Strikers
Dexter Blackstock (Southampton); Cameron Jerome (Cardiff City); Leroy Lita (Reading); Izale McLeod (Milton Keynes Dons); Ashley Young (Watford).

The match will be the 13th of its kind, since the two leagues first met in November 1960 at Milan's San Siro stadium - with the Italian League winning 4-2.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #92 of 499 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2006, 09:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lewin Nyatanga could write his name in Welsh football history for a third time - and he is still only 17.

Derby County's centre- back is already the youngest player to appear at Under-21 level for his country and to captain the side.

Now he is in line to become Wales' youngest-ever player at senior level.

He looks certain to be handed his senior international debut against Paraguay at the Millennium Stadium on March 1.

Nyatanga has been left out of the Under-21 squad to face Northern Ireland 24 hours earlier.

If Nyatanga appears against Paraguay he will break the record held by Ryan Green, now with Hereford United, who made his senior Wales debut at the age of 17 years and 226 days in 1998.

Nyatanga is on course to beat that record by 31 days.

Wales coach John Toshack has been to watch Nyatanga play for Derby and Rams caretaker manager Terry Westley says the youngster would handle a step up to the senior squad.

"One of Lewin's great strengths is his mental toughness," said Westley, who is also the club's Academy manager and has played a major role in Nyatanga's development.

"Lewin is very level-headed. He has a clear goal as far as where he wants to go in his career. That is an outstanding quality for a 17-year-old.

"I would have no fear about him going into the Welsh senior squad. He would handle it."

Wow, it might not be the most dificult country in the world too get a cap for, but seems as Nyatanga only made his Derby debut a few months back, that's one hell of a rise to international level.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #93 of 499 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:36 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby goalkeeper Lee Camp did his bit to help the Football League U21 side to a 1-0 win over their Italian Serie B counterparts on Tuesday evening.

England U21 international Camp played for the first half at Hull City's KC Stadium and kept a clean sheet as Peter Taylor's side laid the foundations to secure a victory after the break.

Before he was replaced by Barnsley's Scott Flinders, Camp only had one save of note to make and he dealt well with Daniele Vanaggoiato's 15-yard shot.

The Football League U21 players line up before their game against Italy. www.southendunited.co.uk
The Football League U21 players line up before their game against Italy. www.southendunited.co.uk

When the goal came in the 68th minute, it had more than a little influence from two ex-Rams.

Substitute Izale McLeod, who left Derby to sign for Milton Keynes Dons in the summer of 2004, crashed a shot against the underside of the Italian crossbar.

The ball bounced out to Dexter Blackstock, who spent a loan spell at Pride Park in the autumn of 2005, and the Southampton man raced in to head home.

It was a well-deserved victory for the Football League side, who dominated throughout against an Italian outfit who were reduced to ten men for the final few seconds when Giovanni Rossi saw red for a challenge on McLeod.

I see old Izale Mcleod is still doing well, can't say I ever thought he was that good at Derby, he was awkward, much the same as Wanchope, but not as good...he was still very young when we sold him though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #94 of 499 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 10:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Five young
Derby County players are currently away on international duty at various levels.

Lee Holmes, Nathan Doyle and latest senior debutant Lionel Ainsworth are hoping to be involved with the England U19 side for tonight's friendly against Slovakia at Northampton Town.

Added to that is Lee Camp's call-up for the England U21 game tonight at Reading against Norway, while 17-year-old Lewin Nyatanga looks set to break yet another record by becoming the youngest-ever full Welsh international on Wednesday.

All of this puts a smile on the face of stand-in boss Terry Westley, who has watched the players develop in his role of Academy manager.

"You've got Nathan Doyle away with England U19, Lionel has been called up now as well and Lee Holmes is already in that squad," he told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"Lewin Nyatanga is away with the full Welsh squad and Lee Camp is away with England U21, so there's a lot happening at the football club.

"We mustn't forget about the good things."

Wales coach John Toshack has confirmed that Nyatanga is in his plans for Wednesday's game against Paraguay at the Millennium Stadium, although the defender has to clear a toe injury first if he is to make his bow.

An appearance for the Burton-born star will mean he becomes the youngest-ever senior Welsh international, having already become the youngest-ever U21 player and captain.

Toshack said: "He has the right attitude - he's spot-on and knows what is needed for him to improve.

"I have put in a few youngsters recently and there will be more.

"But at the moment, Lewin is the best of the bunch.

"He came into a struggling Derby side this season and has handled the pressure.

"They changed managers recently and he has been left out.

"But now he's back in their side and looking a great prospect.

"I hope he gets over this foot injury, because I want to see him play against Paraguay."

Most interested too see how Nyatanga gets on at full international level, and Ainsworth moving up too the under 19's.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #95 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:32 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Toshack also had words of praise for the performance of debutant Lewin Nyatanga against Paraguay.

Toshack believed the Derby starlet, who became his country's youngest ever full international at the age of 17 years and 195 days, was not overawed by the occasion.

"I was very pleased with him, he handled the occasion well and looked very comfortable out there," said Toshack.

"He is young but has a confident streak about him and he is not fazed by anything.

"We have to slowly introduce our youngsters, and that is one of the reasons that I decided on Paul Jones in goal rather than another youngster in Lewis
Price.

"With Nyatanga in the defence we needed some extra experience around the place."

Good too see he impressed, I do worry we will have a struggle on too keep him at the club though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #96 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nyatanga got man of the match as well!

If we are going to sell him, let's at least make some f'ucking money, not the usual peanuts we get for our players.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #97 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:54
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
With the current board and debts he will no doubt be sold for bugger all, maybe if Gadsby and co come in, we will be able to keep him, or at least hold the clubs to ransom for big money.
post #98 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

With the current board, he probably wouldn't be the only one on his way...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #99 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:39
Premier Player

I think it was a good thing and a bad thing that he won the MOM yesterday, Certaintly it will do his lads confidence a world of good, and also should make him a regular in the Derby side now!!!. But on the other hand, a lot of the Premiership clubs will sit and up and take a notice of him, I think we could see him very well leave this summer
post #100 of 499 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2006, 18:25
Rising Star

Teams: Watford fc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones

The squad, which has been reduced to a party of 21 from the provisional 33-man squad announced recently, includes players from all three divisions of The Football League.

As the pinnacle of The Football League's youth development programme, the match will see the best young talent from the Coca-Cola Football League in action against their counterparts from Italy's Serie B.
chris eagles motm
Nyatanga(sp.) is very good i have heard, made a superb debut apparently.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in