International Rams - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 499 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2005, 22:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
sadly true, they will probably play one full season with the Rams then be sold for less then their true value like Christie, Poom, Riggott, Rasiak and the list goes on....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 499 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2005, 22:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
That's probably why Holmes doesn't get a game, we're trying to fool everyone else into thinking he's sh*t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #63 of 499 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2005, 10:25
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Sadly it's how it is when your in the lower leagues, the premier teams come in and steal your players, we need to get back to the premiership, and then we could keep hold of the youngsters. The academy are doing a great job, there's always new talented youngsters coming through.

post #64 of 499 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2005, 10:30 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, it looks a good investment by the club, and getting back in the Prem will solve all the problems

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #65 of 499 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2005, 14:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Thats easier said than do!!, we need to be playing these youngsters in the first team regularly aka huddlestone, I think during period after christmas, brown may blood in some of the youngsters into the side
In terms of getting back into the premiership, all our problems would be solved!!!!
post #66 of 499 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2005, 14:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

To be honest I thought Huddlestone was played too much, Nyatanga should be given his chance though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #67 of 499 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2005, 15:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Camp and Whittingham are in under 21 squad too face France in 2 legged play offs, for a place in the Euro Championships. Camp won't play he never does, and Kieran Richardson has dropped down form the senior squad, so Whittingham will have a tough time getting picked as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #68 of 499 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 12:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Young Derby County defender Lewin Nyatanga will be on international duty once more next week when he heads to Cyprus with the Wales U21 squad.

The 17-year-old, who captained the Rams in Tuesday's behind-closed-doors friendly against Mansfield Town, is part of Brian Flynn's squad for the friendly in Paphos on Tuesday.

It has already been a big year for Burton-born Nyatanga, who became the youngest-ever Welsh U21 international in February and followed that up in August by becoming their youngest-ever skipper - two days before turning 17.

On the day of his 17th birthday he signed his first professional contract and made his senior debut with a 90-minute outing in the Carling Cup defeat to Grimsby Town.

His Championship bow came in October as a late substitute in the victory over Stoke City and made his first league start three days later in the draw at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Played a couple of games for the 1st team this season and done well, but dropped for Thome. I would like to see him in the team, with Andrew Davies. Experienced or not, our defence is far too old, and has no pace at all.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #69 of 499 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 13:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Young Derby County duo Lee Holmes and Giles Barnes have been hit with injury fears ahead of their England trips.

Winger Holmes, 18, had been called up to the England U19 squad for a friendly against Switzerland next Wednesday but is suffering from a hamstring injury that meant he missed Tuesday's behind-closed-doors friendly against Mansfield Town.

Midfielder Barnes, 17, started the game but limped out early on after picking up a hip injury, causing concern after he was named in the England U18 squad for Tuesday's friendly in Turkey - his first-ever international call at any level.

Giles Barnes
Giles Barnes

The pair were having fitness tests at Moor Farm today to see

"If there's any doubt over them then they won't go," Rams boss Phil Brown told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"England have a policy of wanting their physios to assess players as well so Lee will probably go with them but if he's not right then he won't play."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #70 of 499 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 11:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

He may have spent nearly two years in the international wilderness but Derby County's Morten Bisgaard hasn't given up hope of playing for his beloved Denmark once again in the future.

His country came agonisingly close to being involved in this week's 2006 World Cup play-offs but missed out by a single point in Group Two, finishing only one-point behind second-placed Turkey, who take on Switzerland for a place in next year's finals in Germany.

Bisgaard wasn't part of the Danish squad during the qualification phase, his last international came in a 1-0 friendly defeat in the USA in January 2004.

That took his caps tally to eight but since making his initial breakthrough at Euro 2000, Bisgaard failed, partly because of injuries, to cement a regular place.

An early exit for Denmark in Holland and Belgium - where they lost all three games and failed to score a goal - led to current manager Morten Olsen replacing Bo Johanssen.

And although Olsen is known not to rate the standard of football seen in the Championship, Bisgaard hopes he can earn a recall at some point in the future.

"I can hardly remember when last I played for my country," said the 31-year-old.

"It was a long time ago but I've never given up hope of playing for Denmark again.

"I love playing for my country and I still feel I'm a good enough player and that I could still get into the national team.

"But unfortunately the national coach doesn't rate the Championship that highly so I can only play as well as I can and see what happens.

"It's always such an honour to play for your country so, hopefully, you never know one day it might come round again."

Would have thought he was getting a bit old for a recall now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #71 of 499 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 12:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stern John will likely play for Trinidad & Tobago in their World Cup qualifier against Bahrain, he'll probably get a hat trick...can't get one for us though

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #72 of 499 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 10:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Trinidad made a 1-1, Stern John didn't score.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #73 of 499 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 10:43
Premier Player

Not a huge surprise is it.
post #74 of 499 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 10:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

A bit harsh

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #75 of 499 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 11:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stern will be looking to do the business tonight in the 2nd leg, saw some highlights of the 1st leg on eurosport, Dwight Yorke still plays for them, but the biggest shock of all, the guy who scored the goal is white :eekani: think they said he plays for Port Vale, wonder how he qualifies to play for them.

I really do hope Trinidad & Tobago do qualify.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Derby's young midfielder Giles Barnes made his first appearance for England Under-18s in yesterday's 1-0 defeat in Turkey.

Defender Lewin Nyatanga played a full game for the Welsh Under-21s in their 3-3 draw in Cyprus and Nathan Doyle is in the England Under-19 squad for tonight's friendly against Switzerland at Wycombe

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #76 of 499 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 22:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stern John will be off to the World Cup, Trinidad & Tobago apparently beat Bahrain, I don't know of the score yet, but way to go Stern

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #77 of 499 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 09:52
Premier Player

By the time the World Cup comes round, he probably won't be with us anymore, so we won't even be able to claim to have a player in the World Cup.
post #78 of 499 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 10:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well we might still sign him, he might get another chance to play and start banging the goals in.

Take note of the word MIGHT.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #79 of 499 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2005, 15:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Young Derby duo Karl Ashton and Matt Richards are in the England U17 squad again for December's international friendly against Turkey.

U17 coach John Peacock has called the pair up following their success in a UEFA friendly tournament earlier this month.

England now take on Turkey at Notts County's Meadow Lane ground on Tuesday December 13.

Midfielder Richards, 15, has seven U17 caps to his name while striker Ashton, 16, has made one appearance so far.

------------------------------------

Another couple from the academy who continue too look good prospects for the future

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #80 of 499 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2005, 12:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Wales manager Johm Toshack was at the Norwich game to watch Lewin Nyatanga, Brown told Lewin before the game, and Toshack was invited into the changing room. He put up a good display, who knows he could be in the next Wales squad.

The lad is really making a name for himself, he's already the youngest ever Wales u21 captain at 17, it looks like we could have found another talent

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in