Edworthy a Ram! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2005, 10:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Edworthy a Ram!

Experienced defender Marc Edworthy has become Phil Brown's second signing of the week.

The 32-year-old (pictured) was a regular in the Norwich side during last season's Premiership campaign and joins the Rams on a three-year contract.

The versatile performer, who can play in either full-back position or as a defensive midfielder, has been training with Derby this week.

Barnstaple-born Edworthy began his career with Plymouth Argyle. He made his debut during the 1991/92 season and went on to make 69 appearances before joining Crystal Palace in the summer of 1995.

He made 126 appearances for Palace and helped them to promotion before transferring to Coventry for 1.2million in 1998.

He spent four years at Highfield Road - including three Premiership seasons - before signing for Wolves and playing a part in their successful 2002-03 Premiership promotion push.

He arrived at Carrow Road in August 2003 on a two-year deal and made 45 appearances for Norwich during another successful promotion season. He was first choice throughout last season's Premiership campaign but left in May.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Another signing made by Brown and not a bad one, experience and a regular in the premiership just last season, more competition for the full backs at the club, but more importantly competiton for Bloder as the defensive midfileder

2 new signings in 2 days, business is picking up, and it's good too see :thmbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2005, 16:32
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Edworthy is a nice steady player, premiership expeirance, gd solid defender,
does this mean the end for the some of other olde legs, such as Konjic, Makin etc?, i dno, but lets hope he can bring in some more players
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2005, 16:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Yeah, I'm also wondering if his arrival could see others leave, maybe Kenna, definately Vincent. And could close the door on Chris Makin getting a permanent move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in