Administration - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2005, 23:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Administration

The latest bad news rumour too reach me is, we will not sign any players before the start of the season, because we are going into Administration. Which would see a 10 point deduction, so we start the season on -10 points, and have a transfer ban.

Rumours like this are always coming out at Derby, ever since relegation from the premiership, and they just won't go away. We are believed too now be 40 million in debt, a 7 million increase from when the new owners took charge. That is bad, we're supposed to be reducing the debt not increasing. Some Derby fans have always said it's only a matter of time before we do go into administration, I know some who won't buy season tickets because of it.

The success of the team took attention away from the mess behind the scene last season, now the season is over, all the bad things are creeping too the surface again.

It's a case of keeping your eye on the club and seeing what happens over the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 00:13
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
NOt good to hear, would that mean that Rasiak would be sold?

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 10:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalEd
NOt good to hear, would that mean that Rasiak would be sold?
It would mean that everyone would be sold. But we have been able too somehow keep the administrators at bay, for 3 years now, and hopefully that will continue.

But something has too be done about the debt, the new owners we're supposed too decrease it, not increase it. I don't see how the club can carry on like this for too long, the owners have no money (only paid 3 for the club) so aren't in a position too help, whereas other people who tried too buy the club, who had 50 million too put in, didn't get hold off the club, because the last chairman, didn't like them

The current board always seem too keep the fans in the dark, about what's going on behind the scene, which is the cause for rumours flying around everywhere, but there is supposed too be a financial report coming out soon....I personally dread it, I forsee only bad news.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2005, 10:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Just to prove how stupid and bad at running a business our board are, an article in the paper today, says the business they run is also in trouble, due too not submiting it's annual accounts in time, just as they have not submitted the accounts for Derby County Football Club, which we're supposed to be out week's ago.

It's because of this all the rumours of Administartion keep popping up, they really do make it look like they've got something too hide.

Anyway the article

__________________________________________________ ______________

Accounts rap for directors of Rams

The directors of Derby County's parent company, Sharmine Limited, have failed to explain why its annual accounts are more than five months late, according to Companies House.

It claimed Sharmine directors John Sleightholme and Jeremy Keith and company secretary Steve Harding have not responded to three letters questioning the whereabouts of the firm's annual accounts, which were due on January 21 this year.

A Companies House spokeswoman said the next course of action would be to "strike off" Sharmine and, potentially, to prosecute its directors for failing to submit the statutory accounts.

However, Mr Keith last night claimed Companies House had been informed that Sharmine intended to file its accounts to coincide with those of Derby County Football Club Limited.

The club, of which Mr Sleightholme, Mr Keith and Mr Harding are also directors, is also late in filing its accounts, which were due on April 30. Companies House confirmed it had been informed the club's accounts would be late.

A club spokesman said: "The report is being finalised and will be presented over the coming weeks.

"The process of appointing a new manager has been the priority in recent weeks, resulting in a delay in finalising the accounts. We are now back on track with the process."

Nick Sellors, spokesman for supporters' group RamsTrust, said: "We are gravely concerned over whether the club has the ability to operate as a going concern."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2005, 11:42
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Get those clowns out of Derby, before they ruin the club!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2005, 12:18
Rising Star

confirm?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2005, 12:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

No nothing confirmed, but there are continuously rumours, some fans believe it's only a matter of time. I myself wonder if it's such a bad thing, if we can get a new board and recover from it. And avoid relegation, with the deducted points we would get.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in