Idiots never give up... - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who should be the XT representative in MU Championship Season 6?
pele10brazil 0 0%
Inácio 1 10.00%
cumi2got 1 10.00%
Finaslan 0 0%
Nacka 0 0%
footballFOCUS 6 60.00%
Osman 0 0%
Firdaus 1 10.00%
Los Che Forever 0 0%
RDN 0 0%
dabdob 1 10.00%
Boyo 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 08:47 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

Teams: the Toothless Lions
Time for the last of the three Mafia games in three different setups, which would help XT mafia nerds choose a representative for the 6th edition of the Mafia Universe Championship.

This will be a mafia game without any special roles involved (it is commonly called Mountainous).

The number of players will be either 13 (11 Civs vs. 2 Goons) or 17 (14 Civs vs. 3 Goons), depending on the number of signups. The game is tentatively scheduled for April 1, but it won't start unless at least the smaller setup + 2 subs fills in.

The theme is going to be Wild Horse Poachers.

There is a small gang of Horse Poachers (Mafia) in the XT Mountain killing wild horses for their meat. The Mountaineers (Civilians) hunt for the Poachers, but those are armed and dangerous...

Please sign in here if you are interested.

@dabdob
@Andy Christ
@Osman
@Yatta
@Ronaldwho?
@Los Che Forever
@R10!
@pele10brazil
@Firdaus
@Nacka
@TTM
@Boyo
@Reza
@mali
@Inácio
@Finaslan
@yeniceri
@YesilTimsah
@jimbo jones
@Embad
@RDN
@footballFOCUS
@Ovi
@Jefe
@Fred
@fats
@Remi
@Genco2
@HOMESMOINA!
@cumi2got
@ilgenio
@Ajala
@Karim Benzema
@Tommy
@dinamozagreb86
@pavnedved
@Jeffrey
@Rhizoid
@Dagoods
@sinoy1
@YBC
@Beno
@Hala Madrid

SIGNUPS:

1. Firdaus
2. footballFOCUS
3. TTM
4. Andy Christ
5. Los Che Forever
6. pele10brazil
7. RDN
8. ToniSamp
9. dabdob
10.Nacka
11.cumi2got
———-
Subs:

Last edited by Beaux Balkans; March 27th, 2019 at 06:07.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 11:51
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Let's do this shit.

ToniSamp, footballFOCUS and TTM like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #63 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 11:55
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool, Brazil
/IN
post #64 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 14:40
TTM
Legend

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #65 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 18:57 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

btw, this year's setup of the Mafia Universe Championship is being tested with two games starting next Monday. I joined one of the games to get an idea of how it works. If someone wants to join there are still slots to grab (I signed in for game A):

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...56#post3098756
post #66 of 152 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 22:58
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
in

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #67 of 152 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 12:21
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Valencia CF
In.
post #68 of 152 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 16:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.
post #69 of 152 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:26
RDN
¯\(°_o)/¯
International

in

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
██▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▀▀▀▀▒█▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒▒▒▒▒█▒████▒█▒▒▒▒▒█
██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
post #70 of 152 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2019, 10:28
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
In
post #71 of 152 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2019, 20:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
In
post #72 of 152 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2019, 21:42
Xtratime Legend

After his busy work auditing Trump because the Mueller report, @Nacka is now IN.
Beaux Balkans likes this.

Quote:
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
post #73 of 152 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2019, 14:37
D10S
Premier Player

Teams: Tatung FC, FC United, South China, Milan, Man Utd
IN!!

Nulli Secundus in Oriente
post #74 of 152 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2019, 08:06 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

There are not enough signups for a good game yet. Two more signups plus one or two substitutions would be great.

I am tempted to borrow an idea from a setup invented in another mafia playing community. It is called Mountainous Poisonous. The mechanics of a night kill by the mafia are altered to poisoning instead of killing. Meaning, the Civ who has been whacked by the mafia at night does not die immediately, but is 'poisoned'; they live until the end of the next day and may post in the thread. At the end of the next day they die.

This might be a better setup for a smaller group of players without special roles, say 10 Civs and 2 Goons, which seems to be slightly disbalanced in favor of the mafia team.

Thoughts?

@Firdaus
@footballFOCUS
@TTM
@Andy Christ
@Los Che Forever
@pele10brazil
@RDN
@ToniSamp
@dabdob
@Nacka
@cumi2got
@Finaslan
@yeniceri
@Embad
@R10!
@pavnedved
@Inácio
@Ronaldwho?
@Yatta
@Remi
@Fred
post #75 of 152 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2019, 11:56
Xtratime Legend

That's a cool idea.
Andy Christ likes this.

Quote:
post #76 of 152 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 03:32
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
i cant play but looks like a very intresting idea...full paranoia no special roles and 2 Gs...seems balanced

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #77 of 152 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 11:05
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool, Brazil
I’m up for it.
post #78 of 152 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 11:12
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballFOCUS View Post
I’m up for it.
Yeah but are you able to play the game or not?
TTM likes this.

Quote:
post #79 of 152 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 10:09 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

XT mafia nerds are an endangered species. Not good, not good....

Would you mind if we waited for another week in order to have a couple more signups? So, tentatively, the new start date is April 8; and it will be Mountainous Poisonous, i.e. the mafia will poison a player each night instead of whacking them; and the poisoned player will "live" (be allowed to post in the thread) for another day) before they die.

@Firdaus
@footballFOCUS
@TTM
@Andy Christ
@Los Che Forever
@pele10brazil
@RDN
@ToniSamp
@dabdob
@Nacka
@cumi2got

We need more signups to start the game. Any new players are welcome to sign in!
post #80 of 152 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 10:16 Thread Starter
inbred amoeba
Star Player

In other news, we got an official invite from Thingyman from MU to send a rep to the 6th season of the inter-community championship. The setup was eventually chosen to be a semi-closed role madness (each player has a role; the roles will not be revealed upon death, only the alignment of the player). Here is the invite I received via PM:

Quote:
INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 6)

Ahoy there!

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 6 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 270+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Thingyman as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 187 communities this season (last season featured 170 communities), and if interest is high enough we will expand even further to 204.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 26, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 6 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 187 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 11 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 11 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd place finishers will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
  • WILDCARDS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 5 will discuss and vote to determine 23 players in total deserving of a second chance. They will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the aforementioned 2nd place finishers that advanced directly to these games. From each game, three players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 6 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.
This year’s setup: Mad17
The setup is called Mad17 and features 17 players.

13x Town
4x Mafia

Each of the following 17 roles will be assigned at random to one player in the game without regard for the player's alignment. Each role is restricted to using its action only on the nights listed on the chart.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start
- Role reveals at death are alignment only. You will not learn a player's exact role when they die.
- Majority is not in effect.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
- Mafia members may perform the faction kill in addition to their regular action at the same time.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 200 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 6 TIMELINE

There will be 11 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of April, May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

Kind regards,
Thingyman

Last edited by Beaux Balkans; April 3rd, 2019 at 12:40.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in