36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 130 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2015, 17:05
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEportivo View Post
So where did things go wrong for you ?

Through the paternal line, there have been a lot of farmers documented back till 1600`s .

Dont know much about the maternal line but they my maternal grandmother was from a wealthy farm and some point a lot of doctors were introduced from that end. Got their land and possessions taken away by the commies though.
Genocide kind of threw things off kilter for my family.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 130 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2015, 17:21
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Hispano-Roman Ancestry (Settlers) & Amerindian (Natives) Ancestry + Kryptonian DNA...

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #23 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 04:23
International

Teams: Argentina
My father was a banker, his father was a banker, his father was a banker, his father was a banker.

My mother's father was a banker, his father a banker and his father a banker.
post #24 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 04:44
TTM
Legend

Both of my parents are from Mexico. My maternal grandfather was a pure-blooded Mexican Indian (feather). My maternal granma was of Austrian-Spanish stock. Don't have much data from my pops side except that my paternal granma, the only one I actually knew, was an old lady that made me fideo, which is like a cappellini soup. Good stuff.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #25 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 04:45
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
My great, great, great, grandfather helped raid and pillage a Russian peasant village.

He reyped Dmitry's great, great, great, grandmother and her sisters.
Bullshit yen, I think we know who did the raping.

the Russian language surpasses all the others of Europe, not only in the breadth of territory over which it rules, but also in its own extent and wealth
post #26 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 05:43
******!
Star Player

Teams: rest assured theyr better than urs, stupid. TRUMP 2016.
yeni is one of those anatolian slobs that doesn't have a single relative outside of kayseri or konya and makes up a story about having slightly different ancestry to sound more cosmopolitan or sophisticated.

PASS ME TEH BALL
post #27 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 06:30
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
One of the ancestors was from transilvania, got in shipwreck near Scotland, was rescued by the nobles there, being the historical Queen McBeth, but was probally bullyed because they called him drowned and it became drumond... Then they came to brasil.

Another was a spanish family with surname Penna, she barelly spoke portuguese, had a bunch of kids, one was the first brazilian president to die while president, the other a JC.

There is one who had a farm, those kind of dudes from book, that kept everyone under his debt wih pappers that had no more any importance, but word was word. According to the stories he used rope to capture his wife, a daughter from a forme slave, from native ancestry. Considering her had a pack of dogs used to control the cattle that were very violent and when we visited them, he would not tie the dogs to let us - me and my cousins and sibiligs - get out of the car to the house - so we had to dash and if a snake came inside the house we had to wait it to leave by itself and my grandgrandmother had to hide to give me peanuts, it is probally true. Considering his son, my grandfather returned from II WW after surviving tw granade explosions at close range, just went to my grandmother's house and told he he would marry her and she and her fiance had no option but agree, it is probally true.

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #28 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 08:09
MVP
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Juventus, Lebanon, Italy
On my way back from Lebanon to Dubai in July, there was a group of South Americans on the flights, babbling about in Spanish all over the place. While waiting for my luggage in Dubai airport at the conveyor belt, I noticed they were all wearing Lebanese cedar bracelets and necklaces. ALL of them, about a dozen of them.

One of my luggage was a box, which had my surname on it. One of the girls noticed the surname and they all kept repeating it out loud, until they saw me remove it to my stroller.

One of the girls looked at me, and said my last name. I'm like..."Si? Mi dispiace ma non hablas espanyol." (that's my wanna be broken italian with a spanish word...no idea why I chose to say that, but that's what came out).

Obviously my half assed sentence was met with hysterical laughter.

Anyway, she turned out to Argentinian who's grandfather was from the Chouf Mountains in Lebanon. He emigrated to Buenos Aires when he was a teenager, stayed there ever since. She had the same surname as I, however, judging by Chouf mountains, her grandfather was probably of the Druze sect. (I tried explaining that to her in English she had no idea wtf I was on about).

I got her email down, and said share with me your family tree. Maybe I can somehow qualify for an Argentine passport.

The dozen of them Latino's were off on a tour of Lebanon to discover their ancestry. Apparently their travel agency threw in a Dubai stay for three nights as part of their package...

Don't lament the treachery of time;
long have dogs danced over the carcasses of lions.

Don't suppose that their dancing raises them above their masters;
for dogs remain dogs, and lions remain lions.

Insult me as you wish;
For my silence to the depraved is a response.

It's not that I have no response, but;
A lion does not reply to a dog.
post #29 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 08:43
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Mothers side: Hungarian, Croatian, Austrian, Pakistani (Born in Burgerland, Austria).

Father's side: Hungarian, Swabian, Polish, Israeli, Swiss-Italian (Born in Csékút. Hungary)

My surname is originally Swiss-Italian (Italiano)...but a Jewish great grandparent moved to Hungary from Switzerland. They changed our surname to be written using the Hungarian alphabet. My immediate family never changed our surname since moving to UK. Although some relatives have changed our Italian name into a Hungarian one (Sümegi).

What makes it weird is that even though my surname is spelt in Hungarian...ALL! Hungarians pronounce it in English (apart from family).

So technically I have Jewish and Muslim roots

I've never ever told the story before. But when I was in hospital I was bored and a nun came in to visit me and asked me about my name. Normally I make things up or dismiss it because it takes 20mins to explain it. But now I told one person...I should tell everyone
post #30 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 08:55
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajala View Post
My father was a banker, his father was a banker, his father was a banker, his father was a banker.

But you never became a banker, didn't you. Why was that? Why did you fail?

Was it because you secretly hated your father and would do anything to displease him? Isn't that right?

Woke AF!
post #31 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 15:23
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: REAL MADRID, "U", AC MILAN, CHICAGO BULLS, NY YANKEES!
Quote:

And that makes you a bank teller?

I BELONG TO JESUS!!!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

post #32 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 15:26
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
Quote:

Damn, I think your family wins the stereotype game.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #33 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 16:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Serbia
What do you mean fake Danes?
post #34 of 130 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2015, 17:39
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
But you never became a banker, didn't you. Why was that? Why did you fail?

Was it because you secretly hated your father and would do anything to displease him? Isn't that right?
It works like shiksa appeal, you don't wanna be with people who are like your father.
post #35 of 130 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2015, 03:54
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
It works like shiksa appeal, you don't wanna be with people who are like your father.
But your father manned up and did it.

post #36 of 130 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2015, 05:19
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
my family
post #37 of 130 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2015, 02:49
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
But your father manned up and did it.
Comments like this from Middle Eastern people like yourself often make me question what exactly means to be a man there.

Often times it comes down to making irrational decisions but being man enough not to care about consequences and when shiit happens to man up and face it with more irrational actions.
post #38 of 130 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2015, 03:00
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Comments like this from Middle Eastern people like yourself often make me question what exactly means to be a man there.

Often times it comes down to making irrational decisions but being man enough not to care about consequences and when shiit happens to man up and face it with more irrational actions.
Ouch, I didn't expect such a serious reply for such a light hearted comment.

You feeling ok there meyn? What happened to the cool Jewish customer?

Maybe you just weren't cut out to be a banker, no need to be all mad about it and shit.

post #39 of 130 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2015, 03:36
International

it wasn't a serious reply.

I only wanted to label you Middle Eastern, but I guess you are not that sensitive, people like BJ or Zico would have attempted to genocide me.
post #40 of 130 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2015, 06:33
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
it wasn't a serious reply.

I only wanted to label you Middle Eastern, but I guess you are not that sensitive, people like BJ or Zico would have attempted to genocide me.
It's a natural middle eastern reflex, you can't fault us for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in