10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 295 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2001, 22:55 Thread Starter
SLB
Premier Player

Teams: Benfica / Aylesbury Utd / Braga
I found this interesting piece at:
http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr22p.htm

Ok first of if your sensitive to race issues don't read this, frankly in the now pollitically correct world this is probably considered racist so marco, razor, dan delete if you think it will offend too many people, personally I found it very intresting but just my opinion.

Anyway the point I wanted to draw to you was the bit in yellow at the bottom. A case of how political correctness is changing history

pain is temporary, pride is forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 295 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2001, 23:59
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Well, the article/book is obviously written by some version of the Klan or white supremist group. They often try to cloak racial dogma with the guise of being scholarly. So, in that regard it is crap. They are constantly trying to link the decay of civilization with the intermarrying of the races. It's garbage. The "absorption" of the black race into Portugal is at best correlated with the so called "beginning of the end" and cannot truly be called a cause, in an academic sense. I suppose any yahoo can draw whatever conclusions they please. Most do.

As for the yellow portion, it is interesting how history gets rewritten by contemporaries to match whatever the current ideology is. Just look at Columbus getting hacked from master explorer to plunderer and raper of the indigenous peoples. Then, Jefferson has fallen from founding father of the nation to some guy who may or may not have slept with his slaves. Judging people and times outside their historical context is wrong. You don't get an unbiased view and you basically rewrite history to serve whatever the current agenda is.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #3 of 295 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2001, 01:29
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
You're exactly right, Dae. Except I don't give them as much credit as you do in their disguised cover as some historical institution. The terminology used is a dead give away. Everything is devided by "whites" and "non-whites".

Their agenda is clear from the very beginning. Don't fall for their subtlety, SLB. This is bigotry in it's purest form.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #4 of 295 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2001, 02:26
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't give them credit for anything. What they are doing is dressing up white supremacy as a historical study. Supremacists do it all the time in an attempt to make their racial agenda appear to be a scholarly pursuit. However, close scrutiny, or even mild scrutiny, reveals that the real goal is to promote the idea that somehow the "mingling" of races or the assimilation of races/ethnicities is somehow a contributing factor towards social decay. Social decay, if it even exists, is a far more complicated phenomena and hardly the result of the fact blacks/latins/women, and whomever else is deemed socially undesireable, are allowed some "equal" respresentation or freedom to procreate with whomever they desire.

The goal of this piece is very transparent. However, I still recognize the point SLB was trying to make that history is constantly rewritten to please the current social climate. Of course, in some cases that is important because with "new eyes" we often realize that the things we once held to be true and good really weren't so good. Political correctness is garbage, but questioning that which we once held true is crucial if any society is to learn from it's past. Blind acceptance of the past is far more dangerous than questioning things "we've been taught since we were kids".

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

post #5 of 295 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2001, 03:20
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting CP, Portugal, US National Team
As is mentioned, this article comes from a white supremecist website. The article is filled with tons of historical inaccuracies. For example, Ferdinand and Isabella DID NOT liberate Portugal!!! As you have said, they have clearly taken history and revised it to fit their own, twisted agenda. This kind of sh*t makes me phucking angry!

As much as I hate political correctness, I have serious doubts about that 1911 encyclopedia. I guarantee that it is also makes mention of the common theory of the time that all Irishmen were direct descendents of Apes, and hence, of a lower class in comparision to their Anglo-Saxon brethren. I am not making this **** up, twisted sociologists actually argued this back then!

However, I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I always like to know what sort of information my opponent will try to use against me. We should always try to find all sides of a story, no matter how absurd or incredulous. Only then, can you find what the real truth in history is..

Viva Sporting - 2001/2002 League Champions!!!

2002/03 Xtratime Fantasy Football Champion - Viva Sagres & Bifanas!!!
post #6 of 295 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2001, 03:32
World Class Player

Teams: Detroit Red Wings
i just read the article and I have to say it is littered with mistakes.

For one thing Portugal was never "the wealthiest" nation in all of Europe, and neither was Spain. Thats a huge misconception that people have. Portugal and Spain were the most powerful nations but not the wealthiest.

As for the message the article is trying to send out...yeah I am sure that the African's caused the downfall of Portugal

Gimme a break.

However I concur with the fact that the "political correctness" diesease that is infecting our society is wrong and should not be used to re-write history. It happened in the past and is something that I am not proud of but what am I supposed to do? Hide in dark corners?

PS: what the F*ck does this have to do with football?

[Edited by Marco on 01-05-2001 at 04:36]

Cry me a river you whiney little bit.........

-Charlie Brown
Leaders of the New School
post #7 of 295 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2001, 03:40
Premier Player

Teams: Sporting Cristal, Barcelona and PERU
i read the south american part
aparaently south america will become a continent filled with caos and destruccion in a 100 years
post #8 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:16
International
International

Teams: Benfica, Portugal
Some opinions should be kept to one self.

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #9 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:32
Star Player

Teams: Sporting Clube de Portugal & Portugal NT
Well here goes:

You's ever hear the one about the Black Dude who bought a brand new Cadilac and everytime he hit the horn it would go.....HONKY!.....HONKY!

Sorry Bro's but I had to break that up with a little humor whether some people think it's humor or not!

Jesus Christ was Portuguese Come on tell me he wasn't! He fed all them people with fish and taught them to be fishermen .... then the Last Supper drinking home made wine and eating up all that bread with his huge family! Even the name is Portuguese
post #10 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:33
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by RedEagle
Some opinions should be kept to one self.

Maybe so, but who decides which ones? Do we only get to hear things we agree with? If things make us uneasy or upset, are they less worthy? I agree that somethings may be best left unsaid, but even idiots and bigots have a right to be heard. Just like we have the right to disagree.

post #11 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:35
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by SLB

Ok first of if your sensitive to race issues don't read this, frankly in the now pollitically correct world this is probably considered racist
It is racist in this politically correct world and in any other world.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #12 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:42
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
Quote:
Originally posted by SLB

Ok first of if your sensitive to race issues don't read this, frankly in the now pollitically correct world this is probably considered racist

Agreed.

Discussing the origin and history of the so called white race is not racist. However, blaming all societies ills on the mingling and coupling of the races is the definition of racism.

"White" means nothing, anyway. To be honest, most white supremists (in the USA) wouldn't even consider us white, anyway. Those with "Latin" blood get dumped into the "non-white " category. So, all us good folks with names ending in vowels would be thrown in with the supposed refuse of society. Just shows you how stupid this line of thinking is. Hell, Germans and Brits are the quintessential white boys, but they aren't exactly drinking buddies. The white race doesn't exist. It's just a matter of pigment and lack there of.

post #13 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 15:43
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
Quote:
Originally posted by SLB

True! No Doubt! But in America who ever wrote this could hide behind the flag!

Just like there is this group and I don't know if any of you's know about called the Men who love boys group or something like that! This is an organization in American who pretty much say they like little boys and girls and they are men! So in other words it's a organization of Child molestors who can operate freely in the United States! Now this is NUTS!

2 dudes who rapped a little boy named Jeffrey Curley here in Cambridge, Ma where a part of this group! Now they are in Jail for life. The little boy wouldn't let them rape him so they had to kill'em then they rapped him and threw his dead body in a rubbermaid type box with cement then into a river in Maine!

Sometimes freedom of speech and right to assemble can create some sick individuals!

Jesus Christ was Portuguese Come on tell me he wasn't! He fed all them people with fish and taught them to be fishermen .... then the Last Supper drinking home made wine and eating up all that bread with his huge family! Even the name is Portuguese
post #14 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:05
International
International

Quote:
Maybe so, but who decides which ones? Do we only get to hear things we agree with? If things make us uneasy or upset, are they less worthy? I agree that somethings may be best left unsaid, but even idiots and bigots have a right to be heard. Just like we have the right to disagree.

I decide which ones for me, and you decide which ones for you. I hear what is of value or not of value to me. This doesn't upset me one bit, it disappoints me that someone as intelligent as SLB couldn't distinguish between what is interesting and what is clearly mundane and false rhetoric.

I just tend to be concerned about what I write over here and what's written. I don't want the forums to become a proganda tool for buffoons, cause then it means a good thing will come to an end. But if you guys are for this then be my guest but I will not in good conscience be a part of it.

....There was also a conspiracy against Sporting to keep them out of 1st place by 26 points. The conspiracy is about to be revealed in a public judicial forum soon enough. It's hasn't anything to do with Golden whistles, but with Golden Showers, as Sporting Administration and coaching has conspired to piss all over themselves this season.
post #15 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:07
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Doesn't get sicker than that, Alc.

However, I completely disagree that freedom of speech made these monsters. These sick scum need no encouragement on their predisposition. These monsters are a result of their own twisted minds and not a result of any freedoms.

If anything, we can only benefit from being aware of their existence. They're actually doing society a favor by coming out in the open with their sick tendencies. It helps us keep vigilance over these sickos as well as warrant us to taking serious measures of protecting our children.

Being aware of the danger that surrounds us is extremely beneficial to us.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #16 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:12
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedEagle
Quote:

I don't want the forums to become a proganda tool for buffoons, cause then it means a good thing will come to an end. But if you guys are for this then be my guest but I will not in good conscience be a part of it.

Are you saying that I/we are using the forums as a propaganda tool? I don't see how anybody has done anything of the sort. SLB posted some article and everybody has essentially pointed out it's blatant racist tone. If anything, this is an "anti-racism" propaganda tool.

The mere fact racist dogma is discussed does not make this a racist propaganda machine. Discussing and understanding racist thought and literature is essential if we are going to be able to recognize it and understand it's flaws. Simply refusing to discuss such things serves no purpose. Sure, it may be upsetting. If it bothers you, then don't read it. However, don't tell me this is a propaganda tool for buffoons.

post #17 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:15
Star Player

True....True!

But it blows my mind that a group like this can exist and their is nothing anyone can do about it! Lets say they had a convention somewhere like NYC! Of course there would be protestors and people trying to kill these Bastards so they probably have Police protecting them cuz they do have the right to assemble!

These Police would be paid for by our tax dollars so in other words our money would be protecting Child molesters.....now that's messed up!

I see what your saying though if a group like this didn't have rights then they'd be underground and we the people wouldnt' even know they exist which could be even more dangerous cuz at least now we are aware of these slimes!

post #18 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:15
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I have no problem printing hate propaganda if it's to expose them for what they are. I think everyone should see it and be aware of it, with that hopes the most people have a common sense of decency and righteousness. In most cases, it pays to be aware.

In the words of Ice Cube:

"Knowledge is power"

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #19 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:23
International
International

[Quote]I found this interesting piece at:

Ok first of if your sensitive to race issues don't read this, frankly in the now pollitically correct world this is probably considered racist so marco, razor, dan delete if you think it will offend too many people, personally I found it very intresting but just my opinion.

Anyway the point I wanted to draw to you was the bit in yellow at the bottom. A case of how political correctness is changing history [quote]

My problem with is the initial post and those who think SLB is entitled to post it here.

To me it's clearly someone trying to convince people to read and visit a racist site in other words propaganda. He provides a link to the article and to the site.

It would be the same if I posted a link of a child porn site with the words "interesting" on it. I could do it, but is it beneficial in any way to these forums. The answer is an obvious no at least imo.

We need to be a little bit more sensitive about what we write and thus the integrity of the forums remains. What SLB's post does is it slowly kills any integrity the forums might have.

[Edited by RedEagle on 02-05-2001 at 17:26]

post #20 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2001, 16:24
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ALCATRAZ
True....True!

But it blows my mind that a group like this can exist and their is nothing anyone can do about it! Lets say they had a convention somewhere like NYC! Of course there would be protestors and people trying to kill these Bastards so they probably have Police protecting them cuz they do have the right to assemble!

These Police would be paid for by our tax dollars so in other words our money would be protecting Child molesters.....now that's messed up!

I see what your saying though if a group like this didn't have rights then they'd be underground and we the people wouldnt' even know they exist which could be even more dangerous cuz at least now we are aware of these slimes!
Having a child of my own, I'd personally get great pleasure of one day getting a hold of one of these motherf*ckers. But, it is the obligation of the authorities to protect citizens who are not commiting any crime at that moment.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in