Interesting history on race....... - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 05:19
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
What I wish to be one day is free. Free of the shackles of our mind's limited perception. We keep enslaving our minds by denying freedom to others to be themselves, exactly as we wish to be. We continuously confine our thoughts to terms of us and them. Until the day I can be free I will never be pure, only Portuguese.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 14:03
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Alright fella's i could not beleive this post has gone on so long , it is all BS and i tell you something you's are all starting to dribble sh!t. History is History , we can not change it , it will go down in black & white on paper that our ancestors after one or two vino's were randy & used to do there female servants over . Big F*cken Deal. I bet if you's guys had a hot black female servant around your house wearing a short ,tight little number and had a few drinks you's wouldn't be tempted to take them to a room for a good fixing of portuguese cheese sausage. You can not change the past , you should live your life not worrying about it . And my thoughts about racism " Respect those who respect you, Black or white"

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #63 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 14:37
World Class Player

Teams: Detroit Red Wings
Quote:
Originally posted by Fee-Go

I was in an 'Extended French' program and a good number of the students in our 'exclusive' program were Portuguese. Now there was always something I couldn't quite put my finger on but I've figured it out. While the Portuguese would never say they were 'rascist', they never quite blended with any of the other cultures except for the Italians and Greeks. Which is hardly 'blending'. Sure, they were in clubs with them, were on the same sports teams, etc...But what really became apparent to me was that no matter how much they acted 'cosmopolitan', they never really fooled me. I saw through the thin veil of rascism or predjudice that they wore. Sure, no one would ever say anything remotely rascist. But I figured out soon enough that ignoring the 'others' or pretending to be excepting was just as rascist as being blatantly open about predjudice.
Thats not rascist, sorry. If thats rascist then the Asians that hang out with Asians are rascist. Blacks with blacks, rascist etc....it's a fact that people naturally prefer hanging out with people of the same or similar ethnic origins. For the record most of my friends are gino's or Porkers. I just prefer their company because of our similar upbringing...is there anything wrong with that?

Pila:

I too dream of what you said. I dream that one day I will and society cast our prejudices away...then I immediately stop thinking about it. Why? It will never happen so there no point in thinking about it (my opinion, I have very little "hope" for mankind).

Couto 5:

kudos on the respect comment! Thats what everything is about!

Cry me a river you whiney little bit.........

-Charlie Brown
Leaders of the New School
post #64 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 15:18
Rising Star

Teams: FC Porto
Quote:
Originally posted by daeone
Exactly what I said. If you go back far enough in your history, everybody will find that they are a creation of a multitude of cultures. Nothing is "pure" anything and pretending we are is just stupid. We should celebrate the fact that we are the result of many cultures. I take great offense to people who talk about how they are "pure" whatever and then talk as if everybody else is less than that. Nobody here has said that, but I am talking in reference to the idiots who complain that the "mingling" of races/cultures is somehow a bad thing.
Absolutely! I agree 100%! Thats my view about the whole racism matter and i think this point of view is enough to end all the racist arguments. No one is 100% pure white, black, yellow, whatever and when someone comes and says that is just ignorant...

Well said daeone!

FORÇA PORTO! FORÇA PORTUGAL!
post #65 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 15:18
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Couto-

It is a big deal, but not regarding our ancestry and their rexploitations. Every once in a while there is a moment of truth which occurs here in this place designed for entertainment. When those moments arrive, and there have been several of them, I cannot avoid talking from the heart. If presented with the chance to move away from entertainment into reality, I welcome it and often make attempt to initiate it. My contribution, if any, is always as a response to something, or someone, whom needs to fight restraining and confining perception and projectory. The trick is, knowing if I have the right pulse or not, on what is actually going on.

The reason I cannot avoid participating is this fact is because in those moments, I learn. And usually the learning is necessary for me. The timing is ALWAYS perfect for me.

I had one such moment with this thread yesterday, but you must understand, that moment came at a time which had been preceded by a day or two of some confusion. I argued fruitless about the surfacing issue in detached terms, but the tragedy is misperception and projectory. The exchange with SLb yesterday helped me, I mean it. I mean.....MEGA, LIFE TIME kind of help....BIG TIME...

Someone else here wrote, can't remember who, that this place is like a slice of society as a whole. Man, sometimes I know that is exactly right. Which is one reasons I am addicted to this place.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #66 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 15:33
Star Player

Quote:
[i]Thats not rascist, sorry. If thats rascist then the Asians that hang out with Asians are rascist. Blacks with blacks, rascist etc....it's a fact that people naturally prefer hanging out with people of the same or similar ethnic origins. For the record most of my friends are gino's or Porkers. I just prefer their company because of our similar upbringing...is there anything wrong with that?

Pila:

I too dream of what you said. I dream that one day I will and society cast our prejudices away...then I immediately stop thinking about it. Why? It will never happen so there no point in thinking about it (my opinion, I have very little "hope" for mankind).

Couto 5:

kudos on the respect comment! Thats what everything is about! [/B]
It is true Marco what you say during our lifetime we will have many "friends" but very few are true friends. For example since i was 5 at school out of all my classmates i see & hang out with now is only 3 people all 3 are very close friends ,all 3 similar up bringings & funny enough all of us were Portuguese. I will give you a tale of racism you won't beleive.As a youngster i used to play cricket, and i have got to admit i wasn't bad. Now my trouble began when At 16 i crossed to senior ranks ,i won't mention the clubs name but they were keen on me playing , now one day i was bowling in the nets & I was totally destroying a 2nd grade batsmen ,things got a bit heated he told me what he thought of me & me being a youngster (16) at the time i gave him a verbal barrage in portuguese. That is when i found out about Racism. That club was all Italian/Australian & thats the way they wanted to keep it somehow I slipped through the net. I was banned from training & when i went for a clearance to another club (A pro-portuguese club) they refused me, telling the federation i was a required player. I went back to the club, they then told to me "Not good enough for their 5th grade team" that is bottom grade .In frustration I had to sit out of the game for 2 years. After 2 years on the sidelines i was back in the game courtesy of an automatic clearance in my first game i kicked arse i was that pumped i was out of the game for 3 years i cried . 1 year while they stuffed me around & 2 years i had to wait far an auto clearance ( you only get that if you don't owe money to a club & you haven't played competively for 3 years ). My new club welcomed me with open arms , i was a part of the team officially after training wth them for 18 months because of some rsole's policies.To cut a long story short 1 year later i finally made my 1st grade debut against my former team and if any one knows anything about cricket ,I took 4/31 & 2/8 , 3 catches At 2nd slip & scored 18no( #8) to stick it right up their Rses

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

post #67 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 15:51
Star Player

Pila

Pila . there is a saying where i live "Diffrent Folks, Diffrent Strokes" meaning everyone might have a differing view on a subject me on this subject i don't give a rats arse and whole heartedly agree with Penta you on the other have every right to put your point of view across but IMO it is starting to get annoying because this is a soccer forum & not world politics. I'm not having a go at you but this post was taken off because people thought it might cause trouble, in my view this post is not appropiate on this forum.

post #68 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 16:01
Premier Player

Teams: Portugal, Borussia M'Gladbach
I appreciate the way this delicate topic is discussed here. Unfortunately I know quite a lot of people who would rather bite their tongue than talking about something like this although I think its important to talk about it.
In my opinion its important to think and talk about the past because only this way people can learn to improve things in the future.

Here in my heart, in my soul
Sharing the miracle of Hope
In my heart, in my mind, in my soul...
Stay hand in hand, stay with me
Love is the key to believe
In our hearts, in our minds, in our souls!
post #69 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 16:03
Star Player

Marco...

I didn't mean to put down that sort of thing. Hanging with people that are familiar to you is normal. Like I said, as I become older I find I get along very well with Portuguese better than I used to.

As a young high school student, I found the Europeans to be too clannish. I didn't have an official 'circle of friends' but I was very popular in my own right. Put it this way, if I ran for high school president, I would have won. Not only did the Asian students like me, but so did the Europeans (and the African girls).

True, Asians are probably more guilty of clannish-ness than are Europeans, but that doesn't excuse it. Portuguese became Portuguese by breeding with people from other cultures, not by living in a cave.

At any rate, there's nothing wrong with having 9 out of 10 of your friends being Portuguese. I have 2 friends in this world: one is Portuguese and the other is Croatian. But everywhere I go, if I see a Portuguese guy, we immediately 'click'. So I know what you're saying. It's simply easier or more convenient to befriend someone from similar background. Nothing wrong with that.

post #70 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 16:23
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Couto-

I play the fool often. And I really, really enjoy football, and all talk of it. But sometimes that has to give place to something more important. It ain't often, but it happens. And when it does, boy oh boy, it's a gem. That's why I like it here so much. Or else....I wouldn't take part.

99.99999999 percent of the time, the crude, lewd, ***** focused Pila jerk is nothing more than me entertaining myself with my natural inclination to see things upside down and inside out...but when I write honestly, it's important. To me anyways.

Remember that most of the time it isn't others that take your freedoms from you, but you yourself. You must decide what is appropriate for you and choose your own level of participation on topics. Our exchanges prove your willingness to expand beyond your own self inflicted limits.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #71 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 16:49
Star Player

Pila

It is true what you are saying some people feel strongly obout some topics than others ,(DF,DS). PILA you come across to me not as a ***** jerk, but as a pretty intelligent individual who is not easily swayed in his thoughts. I firmly beleive this post was set to get us to argue in a sense , which i think has worked to an extent. I am not a person that fires up easily (bit strange for a madeirense) ,this subject is irrelevant here

post #72 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 16:58
Star Player

OH YEAH !! PILA
i forgot to ask, how are you going with that rash ! did you do what i said !

post #73 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 17:07
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The rash, it seems, has spread to my brain.

SLB's intentions with this thread are unknown to me, but I'm grateful for what I have learned as a result of it.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #74 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 18:45
Star Player

Rash, what rash?
post #75 of 295 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2001, 19:07
Star Player

You tell us Pila where the Rash is .A good post for your 4000'th

post #76 of 295 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2001, 17:20
Legend

Hmmmmm.......well my ideas are a bit strange but listen up.

Couto-Cricket rocks right? Dae.... keep trying bro....but this world will never be fair. Also....no offence but i have a little bit to add to the topic before you guys say good bye to it.....i was watching and now the serious stuff seems to be over i'll add a small bit to it.

I think i am the only quote unquote really black man here....and i must say that i have a unique point of view on a few things. One of them is racism. And only a few of you brushed the subject but seemed afraid to actually come out and say what you i am sure thought.....SLB.....

SLB? Do you know that you are borderline white supremist? Did you know that? You don't realize it do you? Its pretty funny to me. Cos you see all you quote unquote....."WHITE BOYS" think that to be racist you gotta say Heil Hitler and curse every black person you see and beat up Jewish grandma's and wear a skin head and have swastica's all over your body......I am sorry....but this is what racism is......ANd if you don't see something wrong with subjection of black people because it was lawful then simply look in the mirror for the nearest white supremist. You are a very funny guy. You know....this is why satirical Literature is so popular.....we never see our own faults only others. That's why Stalin can ready Animal Farm and not realize its about him.

After reading this article and hearing the Portuguese say that half of the content is falsified...those that know the History of Portugal......and still not saying this article is a pack of BULLSH!T. That's SLB......why he ha sa chip on his shoulder and no one has realized it. Frankly as a black man i don't give a phuck....guys like Dae know i constantly have a laugh about my r2ace and others....I myself am very racist when it comes to my feelings about Anglo Saxons.

Also you must understand....you guys are Europeans.....to some extent you cannot help but be racist. Racism my freinds is not wanting your daughter to marry me because i am black. Racism is holding onto your breif case tighter whenever a black guys passes by. Racism is using the word Chinese first when the CHinese foreign exachange super nerd studentknocks down your tray in the Caf. e.g. ya Chinese freak.

SLB!!!!!!!!!

Racism is not realizing white supremist theories when you see them. Racism is when considering articles like this you don't realize or admit that statistics can be warped to prove just about anything.

BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST as a black man i wanna say something about what SLB said about Political correctness gone mad. When it has gone so far that you cannot say words like Black on the t.v. it has gone over board. I totally agree with teh fact that Black people seem to need help to do things......and are almost always one of the massive burdens on every society. There is a popular song down here in teh caribbean that was written about 10 years ago

"95% black and 5% white in Jail"

Very true.....black people do always seem to contribute the most out of all races to unlawful activity no matter where you go. Black people come into neighborhoods and in 25 years its a slum.

Ever notice sommin SLB? Answer this question are you more afraid when you walk through a high crime white neighborhood or a black high crime neighborhood.....hey hold ona minute......THERE ARE NO FREAKING WHITE HIGH CRIME NEIGHBORHOODS are there? Another glaring endeightment of the Negros negative influence on history.

the truth is i notice this because the two major ethnic groups here in Barbados unlike most other Caribbean countries are only the black and white with few indians Latino's and Asians. Ever notice there is indeed amental difference between black and white people? A white man would go out and win 1 million dollars in the lottery and he would be smacked up in a week with big car big house and fancy clothes. A white man living down here would invest it smartly and use it to start making probably an extra 50 thousand a month or sommin.

Its the get-now-syndrome all black people suffer from. Ever noticed that almost all black footballers are self centered? Especially those who are skillful......Seedorf is probably the most individually oriented playe rin teh world....there is no other playe rin the world who thikns that he can dribble past 10 players and score. Look at Romario.....i have seen him score loads of goals i have also seen him take shots when he was in a horrible position and miss when passing was a better option....Look at Andy COle i cannot begin to explain to you people the ridiculous chances he misses especially when has good passing options. Its the "Me me me" syndrome of black people.

That is how i have come to classify my fellow black man.....a creature (no not monkeys) who is more prone to transgress against the law of the land....a creature more self centred a creature more agressive and a creature less knowledgeable in terms of business ability.

Whether SLB says it here or not i know he agrees with me.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemme give you the other angle that i also sure SLB has heard so many times that he has started to develop this deep annoyance towards my race...... whether he admits it or not.

A creature more prone to transgress against the law of the land

Historically subjected to law. Historically subdues violently by the law. The law of that time being Europe who ruled the world.....Europe being the white man. Throughout history documented enslavement of black people......punishment of black people and persecution of black people by white people. Is it strange that the spirit of rebellion has more or less become part of our genetic make up? It is all but medically proven that a mothers attitude during pregnancy influences teh demenour of the child. Is it so ridiculous that rebellion is now part of our genetic make up? No matter where you go no matter what you do black people break the law of the land (whatever it may happen to be) in every country more than white people.

Agression....self "centredness"

True.....but i think this can be genetically explained as easily as Latin temper is. Genetics which probably creates a propensity to this agressive behaviour.....aswell as the Empricist view of learning through observation.

Lack of business prowess

This.....as those who are obviously white supremist amongst us know.....is the most controversial point between black and white people......especially Europeans and Creole black people of the western hemisphere. The historical financial superiority of white people.

Popular Black Explanation

Historically.....the Europenas took us from our homes and destroyed our culture....forced their religion on us and cause us to be in their service. Hence up until the end of slavery we were under their rule. Hence when we started to live free we were at numerous disadvantages. Themost glaring being the lack of other employment save the exact same jobs we did as slaves......which meant that we were further subjected for another 100 years or so after the abolition of slavery to continue to serve white people and plantation owners. Hence by the time other opportunities were opened to us we were are a financial disadvantage.....a social disadvantage and most surely still a disadvantage of the quantity and quality of opportunity to our people.

Hence this modern wordl can still be seen according to these pro-black Socialism Majors as a large characature of the plantation system.

The Plantation System

Aristocrcy(Politicians) the Gentry (Plantation owners) and the Servants(Indentured White servants) and the Slaves (Hard labor group for menial tasks)

This when it time warps to our day and age for these Socialists translates to this.

Code:
Aristocracy--The Gentry--------The Servants-Slaves

????--The state(Barbados)-Emplyees-----Masses
Masses are major black groups.....Employess are employed by white bosses and the state is indeed black in terms of every member of what the state is.....President Prime Minister Cabinate Senate blahblah blah all black.....but do you see the little "??????????" that i have here? Do you see them? The suggestion is that the real gentry and Aristocracy is no longer on an individual basis but returns to the massive world wide global basis....You knwo what? WTO......EU......NATO......and things like the UN are along with massive companies like Shell are the true Aristocracy not of Barbados but the world.

Which returns us to the original problem......Can it be argued that our historic and present day subjection is due to white domination beyond our control hence the reason black people appear more decadant is the constant struggle for identity and battle against subjection due in its original nature to white imperialism.....and Euro COlonialism? Is it that we should be sorry for our fellow (SLB yes hahaha......fellow human beings the.....) black man? Is it the historical degrading of black people that has cause their chronice disorganization? is the difference between black and white people to be blamed on classic black incompetence or is it to be blamed on European historical war mongering?

My view

I don't phucking know...........but what i know is that too many black people as SLB will happily admit take this as an excuse to sit back and talk SH!T about society owing them something. Its bullSH!T. I have no freaking excuse to let anything stop me from working hard and acheiving the greatest things in life simply because.....my skin is darker than SLB's hahahah THAT's!!!!!!!!!!!!! the big phukin problem with my people.

I am willing to wake up and say to hell with history i am gonna g out and work and make my life better.....I have met numerous racists......i am not proud of what i have done to many of them when my freinds and i outnumbered them..... But i really couldn't care less. I enjoy dealing with white supremist...for personal reasons that i will not say here.....But ist nothing to do with violence i will say that much.

BUT!!!!!! my point is I will wake up atomorrow and continue to work my @RSE off to achieve something cos unlike many if not most black people i KNOW!!!!!!!! that the world ows me nothing.....the question is why many of my white freinds don'thave to wake up and work as hard as many of my black freinds.

The decision for me as a black person is whether this is because white people historically have subjected us and we after over 100 years after the end of slavery are still dominated by this history or if it is because white people are simply better than black people

I chose to think about my personal success. Not whether i have an excuse to sit and feel sorry formyself about the color of my skin and my historical financial disadvantage.

SLB

As for your personal problems.....I dunno bro....me and my white friends get on decently. I'll tell you what not being racist is. I once had a good freind who was black an di ntroduced her to one of my freinds who was white....this is when i drove alot. She didn't have a car so when i carried her over to his house......i would most times not carry any personal freinds so naturally i was bored until i started talking with his sister. She was 3 years younger than me....also white.....But he knows i was a cool guys and he told me just don't PHUCK with her feelings......and from them whenever i went over there i talked to his sister and he talked to my freind......I broke out into a nice rather short but healthy romantic relationship with his sister.....and he didn't have aproblem with and we are freinds up to this day......simple....I dare you to tell me you would let your little sister have a black boyfreind. Your daughter? He is probably the first white guy i ever met that i could be sure is not a white supremist.

Sorry SLb but you sure as hell are funny.....THAT IS WHAT A NON RACIST WHITE PERSON IS LIKE......can you do that?

You Europeans have such warped ideas about ethnic differences.

[Edited by ilTAZZ on 06-05-2001 at 18:22]

O INTER O MORTE!!!!!!

Fernando Torres on English defenders "....the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

David Trezeguet: Anyway to score in European Cups is easier if compared to Serie A league, since in Champions League clubs give more space to opponents
post #77 of 295 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2001, 17:27
World Class Player

and so ends Chapter 1....join us next week when Tazz explains to us the reasons why White People cant dance...

-Charlie Brown
post #78 of 295 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2001, 17:30
Xtratime Allstar
World Class Player

Teams: Gli Azzurri and AC Milan.
one of the longest posts i've ever seen and alot of truth in Tazz stories aswell.now let's wait for SLB's post...

don't try to debate with Tazz,these million words posts will blow your head off

"I think my greatest ambition in life is to pass on to others what I know"

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine"

"The best revenge is massive success"

Frank Sinatra

"There are as many opinions as there are experts"

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
post #79 of 295 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2001, 17:32
World Class Player

yeah! maybe too long! I just finished school and reading all those long chapters and then I come here to read Tazz's post....is there a test next week professor Tazz?

-Charlie Brown
post #80 of 295 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2001, 18:26
Legend

I am sorry i didn't mean to post so long s i said at the beginnig......i apologize.

O INTER O MORTE!!!!!!

Fernando Torres on English defenders "....the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

David Trezeguet: Anyway to score in European Cups is easier if compared to Serie A league, since in Champions League clubs give more space to opponents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in