OT: The "How Many Forum Members Take To Change A Light Bulb" thread revisited. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 16:52 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
OT: The "How Many Forum Members Take To Change A Light Bulb" thread revisited.

If the light bulb was to be changed by a Benfiquista, 33.

1 Pila post to praise management on how they went about obtaining a superior, young light bulb with potential at fair market price, clearly showing a plan and vision to insure an illuminated future.

1 RedEagle post to criticize Benfica's management for spending money on a new light bulb when there's a perfectly good light bulb rotting away on the bench, or on the "B" team. In fact, he can't see why we got rid of the old ligh bulb to begin with, pointing out the importance of having depth, though mysteriously forgetting this principal when it applies to his American Football team.

12 combined posts by Cleek, BootyChoker21 and all his alternate handles, to post incoherent sh*t laden with "LOL's" and puke smilies.

1 Bier post to declare Benfica Champion, now that we have more illumination.

1 Eng66 post to state that he wished we had gone with a more experienced light bulb.

1 LadyEagle Post to point out the virtues of a certain light bulb in Fiorentina… and how well it would fit at Benfica.

1 OG post to remind us that Portistas are scum and that we're gonna shed some light on their fraudulent season now that we have a new light bulb.

1 Fee-go post to condemn all fans of foreign teams for blaming Portuguese light bulbs for their lack of illumination when clearly it is their own management's fault for not having a capable team that knows how to strategically screw and place the light bulb in an area where its glow is most effective.

1 more Fee-go post laden with facts relating to wattage, room angles and window placement to prove his point.

1 foreign poster to counter that despite room angles, window placement etc, the previous light bulb didn't have as much difficulty illuminating the room.

1 more Fee-go counter with more facts to show that the previous light bulb was different, but not better.

2 more combined posts by RedEagle and Pila mocking each other's view on the matter. RedEagle accuses Pila of seeing through a Pollyanna, Management-apologist glasses, blinding him from seeing the hidden facts in his speculation. Pila's to accuse RedEagle of spinning speculation to fit his doomsday, pessimistic, overly critical view.

1 Razor post to shut everybody the f*ck up 'cus it's the only that makes any sense.

8 replies all agreeing with Razor.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 18:03 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If the light bulb was to be changed by a Sportiguista, 25.

1 Penguin post to announce that the light bulb has been changed along with all relative historical stats and analysis on how it will be used in the new line up.

1 Alcatraz post to reinforce Penguin's post, sighting a championship… all with witty metaphors done in New England slang.

1 dae post to express cautious optimism.

8 combined posts by Cleek and BootyChoker21 and all his alternate handles laden with incoherent sh*t about simulated "dives" of a particular light bulb, along with the usual "LOLs" and puke smilies.

1 RedEagle post to credit the glow to poor officiating and other conspiracy theories while conceding the value of the acquisition.

1 Random Sportinguista post to declare it the new Figo.

Another Alcatraz post expressing awe at the new light bulb's performance in its latest match, describing its performance with similar witty metaphors like, "breaking dude's ankles".

6 more "dive" accusations from Cleek and BootyChoker21.

Another Alcatraz post to point out their Portista jealousy.

1 Fee-go post to condemn all fans of foreign teams for blaming Portuguese light bulbs for their lack of illumination when clearly it is their own management's fault for not having a capable team that knows how to strategically screw and place the light bulb in an area where its glow is most effective.

1 more Fee-go post laden with facts relating to wattage, room angles and window placement to prove his point.

1 foreign poster to counter that despite room angles, window placement etc, the previous light bulb didn't have as much difficulty illuminating the room.

1 more Fee-go counter with more facts to show that the previous light bulb was different, but not better.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Last edited by Pila; March 5th, 2002 at 18:09.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 18:27 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

If the light bulb was to be changed by a Portista, 213.

4 threads on the same story on its new light bulb "Trinco" acquisition.

3 more threads requesting that they be merged.

1 Dan post to merge them.

8 random Portistas to post various different line ups using this new light bulb at every possible position, from the beginning of their cave to the very end.

11 more random Portista replies considering all possible trade and selling/buying scenarios based on "Onefootball" articles.

1 fogo post to point out the intricacies of running a successful Lemonade stand while metaphorically attempting to link it to the lack of principals in Benfica's light bulb business.

1 Pila post to outwit him.

13 Portistas to declare their exit from Xtratime due to unmanageable and unmerciful slagging off of their team, sighting biased forum managers and Pila cliques as the driving force behind their immigration.

Leaving behind 3 prepubescent Portista retards to post puke smilies and BootyChoker plugs in every post.

1 Taco post per every Porto win-Benfica loss combination.

14 new posts by Cleek and BootyChoker21 and all his alternate handles praising the latest BootyChoker performance while declaring changes to his ass-kissing BootyChoker site.

1 more Bootychoker21 post to plug his site and BootyChoker.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Last edited by Pila; March 5th, 2002 at 18:31.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 18:52
Rising Star

Although this is quite funny, Pila do you know that it is bonus time at mother met. Look busy!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 19:03 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I have a safety spreadsheet on the background just in case someone walks in...

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 19:41
World Class Player

Bwahahahahahahaha ... love these light bulb posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
1 Bier post to declare Benfica Champion, now that we have more illumination.
Oh yes ... we are the champions Sport Lisboa e Benfica . ... I've got enough time to be desillusioned after the season.

Agora năo, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 23:07
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
What am I, yellow snow?

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2002, 01:44 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oops. I'll have to think of a revised version...

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2002, 11:54
Star Player

Teams: Portugal NT ,Maritimo & Fremantle Dockers
Re: OT: The "How Many Forum Members Take To Change A Light Bulb" thread revisited.

Quote:
If the light bulb was to be changed by a Benfiquista, 33.
Its 34 Pila !!

you forgot I went out to get the beer and the um.... tobacco

" We are descended from a nation of great warriors & we are capable of recovering and returning to play" - Jaime Pacheco 11-9-01.

Click Here for Couto 5's McDonalds Adventures
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2002, 18:01
Star Player

Teams: SL Benfica & FC Internazionale
How the hell did I miss this rare gem?!

Is Jane Goodall dead? If so, she missed out on one hell of a sociology experiment here; yet Pila has nailed everybody's roles here in frighteningly efficient fashion. Like Orr in '72, Bird in '84 and Simao in '02, Pila is a man at the top of his craft.

To even think of adding my two cents here would be like drawing a frog with a crayon on one of Monet's "Waterlilies". Sacrilege, nay - sacre bleu!

I'm just glad this kind of power is in the hands of a Benfiquista :whew:

BTW - is there a better icon than . I think not!

Forca Pila!
Forca Benfica!

"He (Pinto da Costa) doesn't realize we (Benfica) can generate more money on George Jardel Bobble head day than Porto can when they play Sporting" - MikeyO - 8.7.02
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2002, 19:21 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor

To even think of adding my two cents here would be like drawing a frog with a crayon on one of Monet's "Waterlilies". Sacrilege, nay - sacre bleu!

I'm no art aficionado, but I'm one of them non-cultured dweebs that suspect Monet was merely near-sighted -- it could probably use a stick figured frog for the eyes to focus on. But, hey! I'm the kind of guy that sees art in what Pamela does on her vacations with musicians, so maybe I'm just missing something (like glasses).

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2002, 23:49
International

Re: OT: The "How Many Forum Members Take To Change A Light Bulb" thread revisited.

Quote:
1 LadyEagle Post to point out the virtues of a certain light bulb in Fiorentina… and how well it would fit at Benfica.
I resent that.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2002, 02:06 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Some of my best work...

You know I haven't doneone in a long time.... Stay tuned.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2002, 02:24
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Gotta love self congratulation. Ain't masturbation grand?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2002, 02:29 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Dae
Gotta love self congratulation. Ain't masturbation grand?
Help out dig some fo the old sh*t. Unfortunately I only remember teh key words I used in my posts, so naturally those are th ones I'm able to bring up.

Okay! Okay! It's grandeur!

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2002, 02:40
Dae
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan-Sporting CP-USA-Mexico
Sh*t, I have not really been active in the forum for ages so I can't recall anything of interest. Other than my threads about my re-emergence into the world of chasing skirt, I can't recall anything since the time we all argued every other thread. I seem to recall LadyE and myself going at each other for some reason. I think she remembers.

But hell, if we can't create new memories and have to dig them up then we really weren't all that great to begin with, don't you think?

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose, but how drunk you get."

"There's no justice like mob justice."
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2002, 05:16
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Quote:
Originally posted by Bier
Oh yes ... we are the champions Sport Lisboa e Benfica . ... I've got enough time to be desillusioned after the season.
Gotta respect that attitude. I should try that one of these days, too. I imagine it would require some suspension of disbelief...

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in