• 1 Post By yeniceri

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 13:08 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Benfica VS Besiktas

The CL games are back!

tonight we host Besiktas, at 19.45 GMT, and in a very balanced group such as ours every game and every pt is going to count...we begin this journey at home and im looking forward to a win, regardless of the many injuries, specially in attack ( jonas, mitroglou, jimenez, jovic, rafa....i mean...come on oh and jardel is injured too...just so its not only our strikers lol) , i know the team will do the best to win the game and get the 3 pts at stake

expect a very tough game, and we'll need to be fast, focused, pressure the man with the ball and play like a team...i liked what i saw vs arouca, appart from the many missed chances, we cant afford to miss chances like that tonight, need to be way more effective

i'll admit to know lil of the Besiktas team this season, how well they are doing ,but they have quaresma, talisca and aboubakar, which alone already is to say how they have a strong attack , specially in set pieces and counter attack....i've inquired about the rest from what i recall yilmaz and inler were good players too so again....for sure Rui has studied thme well and will be prepared

players called by Rui Vitória:

Goalies: Ederson , Júlio César;

Defense: Lisandro, Grimaldo, Luisão, Lindelöf, Eliseu, André Almeida , Nélson Semedo;

Midfield: Fejsa, Samaris, Cellis, André Horta, Carrillo, Salvio, Pizzi, João Carvalho , Cervi;

Forwards: Gonçalo Guedes , José Gomes.

Aside from José Gomes, also B team 19 year old João Carvalho was called given the amount of injured players for tonight

as far as the starting line up is concerned, i think it's a good chance to replace julio césar with ederson.....ederson gives me more confidence, and julio already "compromised" this season ( we didnt suffer goals becoz of him but out of luck), so we should give ederson a chance, if he's fit of coz

expect to see the regular back up in grimaldo, lindeloff, lisandro and nelson semedo ( here rui may actually go with the more expereinced and defensive andré almeida instead)

in the midfiled, think we will see fejsa, andré horta, sálvio and pizzi, with carrillo and guedes upfront

Rui will know what the best combination for tonight is

FORÇA BENFICA!!!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 13:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Did you ask Reza about Hutchinson? The best Canadian footballer in the world.
sinoy1 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 13:36 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i did!

he told me he's a defensive mid and he doesnt score many goals..but didnt say muhc more....u think he was hiding info ?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 19:40
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
i did!

he told me he's a defensive mid and he doesnt score many goals..but didnt say muhc more....u think he was hiding info ?
As a purely defensive midfielder Atiba is an absolute beast, in fact I find it rather strange a gem like him is actually playing on a team like BJK. We have and have had a lot of flashy foreigner players yet Atiba has been and continues to be the most value one of the bunch.

Our board would probably rather lose your Taslicas and Querasmas before they'd be willing to lose Atiba. He's a workhorse, rarely ever gives the ball away, is constantly blocking passing channels and over all gives the offense of the other team fits.

Easily the most important player on the pitch for BJK day in and day out.
sinoy1 likes this.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 20:51 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
As a purely defensive midfielder Atiba is an absolute beast, in fact I find it rather strange a gem like him is actually playing on a team like BJK. We have and have had a lot of flashy foreigner players yet Atiba has been and continues to be the most value one of the bunch.

Our board would probably rather lose your Taslicas and Querasmas before they'd be willing to lose Atiba. He's a workhorse, rarely ever gives the ball away, is constantly blocking passing channels and over all gives the offense of the other team fits.

Easily the most important player on the pitch for BJK day in and day out.

thnak u yeni !

yes, i would rather lose talisca too ...hety...thats what we did lol nah but yes a player who is consistent and has great work ethic is a precious player that any team must cherish , im all on that mind set

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 21:40 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

with the bird in the hand, our coach decides few in the last few mins of the game take fejsa and put cellis in.....didnt undertsand it, how do u replace a player like him at the end of the game for a player that is a newbiw and hasnt played yet?

result? cellis provokes a free kick and talisca does all he can do...scores from a free kick...and we tie...very frustrating

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 21:46
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Unless Fejsa signaled he needed to be taken off, that is on RV. I'm sure it will be brought up in the interviews.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 22:00 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXP103 View Post
Unless Fejsa signaled he needed to be taken off, that is on RV. I'm sure it will be brought up in the interviews.
even if so.....would rather filed in an expereinced player , even if andre almeida, or carrillo...cellis hasnt even played for us yet i think....i was in shock with the sub lol before the foul even

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2016, 21:27
Müdür müdür müdür
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: The Best o TSL
you don't just come, score 3 and just leave

Should have been 4-3 as our goal looked onside too

BAM BAM BAM
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2016, 22:04 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

lol rast

we should have killed the game early in the 2nd half, whne mitroglou missed an open goal to make 4-0......thne u scored the 1-3 offside...after that u did improve your game a lot, inler made a difference, and our subs didnt work well, as both cervi and guedes were killing your defense and rafa ( who has barely played yet) didnt come in well, and samaris was unable to help in the midfield

still we were so close to make it the 1-4, again missed chance

the PK was fair, silly mistake from lindeloff ( happens to the best ones) , and after the 2-3 u had the edge of the game, the 3rd came and could have been a 4th

we had the bird in our hand again, but let it fly

as i said whne the groups draw was game, our group was a very very balanced one, and its proving right

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2016, 01:49
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
That was disappointing. Lindloff had a forgettable game. He's entitled, but still hurt this time.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2016, 17:51
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was disappointing. Lindloff had a forgettable game. He's entitled, but still hurt this time.
He had the worst game for SLB. He was a trainwreck. The match turned on his penalty. Also, when Besiktas started pounding them wide, there should have been more defensive work put in by the wingers.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2016, 21:43 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

we clearly missed guedes and cervi, the subs made sense, on paper, but truth is neither rafa nor samaris were able to keep ball possession, nor create the level of danger that in spite of all we had before

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in