Arouca VS Benfica - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2016, 20:32 Thread Starter
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Arouca VS Benfica

At Arouca. Missing four regulars today, including the three first choice forwards. Rafa straight into the lineup.

Júlio César; Nélson Semedo, Lisandro, Jardel, Grimaldo; Fejsa, André Horta, Salvio, Pizzi, Rafa and Gonçalo Guedes

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2016, 20:41
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Arouca VS Benfica

Today we face Arouca, the game is underway, started at 20.30h GMT and...it wont be as we say....favas contadas ( counted fava beans)

Arouca is a very tough team, with a good coach in Lito Vidigal, and our recent experiences with them havent been the best, so i'm pretty sure they will put up a fight and require our A game tonight

It's obviously a must win match, as we can´t afford to lose more pts this early in the season ( has happened many times in the past, but would like to avoid it...)

4 of our forwards are injured ( ) that's right, jonas, jimenez, mitroglou and even jovic cant play, so rui vitória had to call rafa and from the B team the 17 year old josé gomes ( surname of great forwards....)

starting line up for Benfica:

Júlio César;
Nélson Semedo, Lisandro, Jardel , Grimaldo;
Fejsa, André Horta, Sálvio , Pizzi;
Rafa , Gonçalo Guedes

subs:
Ederson, Luisão, Samaris, Carrillo, Cervi, André Almeida , Zé Gomes.

i like it, its a good team and i'm expecting a good display and a win from them

the coach is giving jardel a chance ( deserved after the amazing season he had last year ) and lindelof is not in the bench...hard to choose between him and lisandro really, but i really dont like to see a player of his quality not even sitting there...

Arouca's starting line up:

Bracali;
Jubal, Nuno Coelho, Anderson Luís , Hugo Basto;
André Santos, Artur, Crivellaro, Zéquinha , Mateus;
Marlon

subs:
Rui Sacramento, Sema, Adilson, N. Valente, Gégé, Kuca , Walter.

the stadium is full (6.000 seats) and i'm reading there are spies from several clubs at the game... Inter, Marseille, Nantes, Manchester United, Montepellier, Arsenal, Maiorca, Besiktas, Rio Ave, Sp.Braga, Real Sociedad, Udinese, Capri, Atalanta, Recreativo de Libolo and Chaves

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2016, 20:50
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

GOLOOOOOOOO!!!!

nélson semedo!!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2016, 23:13
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

good game, very fast, entertaining, and we should have won for way more than 2-1....several missed opportunities, and whne we were 2-0 ( 2nd goal scored by lisandro, a header from a corner), rafa was fouled in the box, frontal.....the ref didnt call it, nor red carded the arouca player...rafa got injured, had to leave the game a few mins later, and arouca scored in a counter attack, on their very 1st chance in the game ( great gola nevertheless, stunning cross from the right and a very effetive header)

thne until the end of the game....we shaked for about 5-10 mins, during which arouca had 2 chances ( one was a blunder from julio cesar who decided to punch a ball that should have been held between his hands...i could do it myself....the other was after a free kick, great cross and we were lucky not to suffer there)

thne again....we regained control of the game and could have scored from several opportunities

individually...grimaldo is on fire, i love whatching our LB, ,salvio is back, lisandro had a great game ( jardel not really) , fejsa was an emperor in the midfield, horta and guedes play with passion, pizzi has his ups and downs but overall consistent, semedo had a decent game and did score the 1st goal, carrillo finally had a good game and i think more will come, rafa was as expected a bomb what a joy lol too bad all the missed opportunities and i hope this is not a serious injury, but the man is a blast samaris came in well, and josé gomes, entered the pitch already in xt and almost scored a goal, what a debut would have been

we suffered during half of the game after being 2 up but only becoz of our missed chances, because this team played a consistent, fast, entertaining football agaisnt a very solid team , and we showed that we can play with the players we have at hand....4 forwards missing? fine, our defenders can score too

FORÇA BENFICA!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in