Benfica vs Guimarães - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 16:31 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Benfica vs Guimarães

Tonight we host Guimarães, at 19h GMT, on another must win match!

true that Guimarães have been pulling some poor results lately, but they will be tough to break, Sérgio Conceição is a very emotional guy ( player and coach) and a portista, so he won´t make it any easy for us, and i have no doubt Guimarães will put up a fight, so we need to bring our A game tonight!

these are the players called by Rui Vitória:

Goalkeepers: Ederson , Paulo Lopes

Defenders: Luisão, Lindelöf, Eliseu, Sílvio, Jardel, André Almeida , Nélson Semedo

Midfielders: Fejsa, Samaris, Gaitán, Salvio, Gonçalo Guedes, Pizzi, Talisca, Carcela, Renato Sanches

Forwards: Raúl Jiménez, Mitroglou , Jonas

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!
Reza likes this.

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:03
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Very feisty match. 10 yellows total. Andre Almeida earned two and will miss the match vs Braga on Monday. Jardel with the match winner on a set piece.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Fantastic display by Bruno Paixão undoubtedly at his best.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:07 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

as expected, very tough game...wasnt able to watch it, followed it on the radio from the 35thmin onwards, and just as soon as we started the 2nd half, jardel scored hit the bar ( jimenez) and failed several chances, but so did Guimarães on the counter attack, even if we tried a lot harder to actually score (16 shots vs 4) and had a much superior ball possession....we played poorly , many passes being missed, many players playing below their level

im still shaking....so much harder not watching it lol

was key to win this....and we did

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:08
Premier Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
Any chance you can drag your lazy ass to the Portuguese forum and update last week's results and table?

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:10 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
is this the ref that allowed sporting to win 1-0 agaisnt moreierense 2 weeks ago? and the one your coach, said he agreed with octávio about being a great ref? (juntinho juntinho, right?)

ah yes...i thought so

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXP103 View Post
Any chance you can drag your lazy ass to the Portuguese forum and update last week's results and table?
Yep, was just about going to do it.

Josh used to ask me that when Porto were leading and stealing. Interesting.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:15
Premier Player
Star Player

Quote:
Yep, was just about going to do it.

Josh used to ask me that when Porto were leading and stealing. Interesting.
And you still go through life dragging ass and slacking.

Some things never change.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
is this the ref that allowed sporting to win 1-0 agaisnt moreierense 2 weeks ago? and the one your coach, said he agreed with octávio about being a great ref? (juntinho juntinho, right?)

ah yes...i thought so
Yep, that's him. Everybody knows he is a diehard Sporting fan. He showed it in the game against Moreirense with all those dubious offsides called against the home team and that very personal way of calling fouls only against one team. He also showed it during his whole career, always favouring us and always having scandalous decisions against SLB, just like in today's game. How could he allow Hurtado hurting Eliseu's knee with his head like that? Scandalous.

Nelson Mandela
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
And you still go through life dragging ass and slacking.

Some things never change.
Yep. As certain as Benfica's colinho.

Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:24 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

so bruno paixão is your pedro proença, i feel for you...but he did well to u in the above mentioned game (which is more than what i can recall from proença in our games), and your coach and board said he was a good ref....which is funny, becoz this week he wasnt anymore...but hey, its normal coming from those people

today i didnt watch it, cant judge it, what i know is what i heard, heard it on rádio renascença and everyone in it said the ref had zero intervention in the result, and that is enough for me

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:29
Premier Player
Star Player

Quote:
Yep. As certain as Benfica's colinho.
From your lips to God's ears.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:32
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Almost there. It's getting tougher now with teams showing up motivated - with the season over for them, their last ditch to respectability is to play spoiler.

Renato is starting to show some fatigue. This was a poor game for him.

But only a few more left.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 21:34
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
From your lips to God's ears.

Bwah!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 22:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
so bruno paixão is your pedro proença, i feel for you...but he did well to u in the above mentioned game (which is more than what i can recall from proença in our games), and your coach and board said he was a good ref....which is funny, becoz this week he wasnt anymore...but hey, its normal coming from those people

today i didnt watch it, cant judge it, what i know is what i heard, heard it on rádio renascença and everyone in it said the ref had zero intervention in the result, and that is enough for me
Ana...irony mode off. Paixão rhymes with Lampião and everybody knows that. He did not "do well" for us in our game at Moreirense just like he did not "do well" today. It's true that today there were no invented penalties for you or blatant ones not called against you (basically because both teams played utter shite) but the way he charged Vitória's players with cards in the first 20' of the game for absolutely nothing, and his usual tendency of calling or not calling the same exact type of foul depending on which team doing it, was not a coincidence.

Anyway, enjoy your title. Vítor Pereira will surely leave with his master piece this season.

Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2016, 22:29 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Ana...irony mode off. Paixão rhymes with Lampião and everybody knows that. He did not "do well" for us in our game at Moreirense just like he did not "do well" today. It's true that today there were no invented penalties for you or blatant ones not called against you (basically because both teams played utter shite) but the way he charged Vitória's players with cards in the first 20' of the game for absolutely nothing, and his usual tendency of calling or not calling the same exact type of foul depending on which team doing it, was not a coincidence.

Anyway, enjoy your title. Vítor Pereira will surely leave with his master piece this season.
oh...u see how much i care about refs...had no idea paixão was supposed to be lampião ...thne he did a bad job 2 weeks ago

today from what i heard there was nothing to blame him...he gives many cards, but thats in all games and hey...andre almeida got red carded ( and well i heard) which means he will miss more than one game so

guimarães has only themselves to blame...thankfully, becoz this is being so sooo hard...every game is a suffering

and no, still a long way to go...i dont believe porto wins the match tomorrow...its peseiro lol and u have seen thme play?

and we have 2 very tough games yet...maritimo away always hard for us, and as for nacional....machado hates our gutts lol ( maybe not as much as conceição but still lol) , and the team is clearly tired, making many mistakes....still a long way to go

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2016, 00:11
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's good to see the lagartos back to second class citizenry where they belong. Didn't take them long to start wearing their familiar wedding suit they bring to watch someone else's happiness spill champagne on it.

You get the sense they actually like it now, like a battered wife suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Last edited by Pila; April 30th, 2016 at 00:16.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2016, 17:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
oh...u see how much i care about refs...had no idea paixão was supposed to be lampião ...thne he did a bad job 2 weeks ago

today from what i heard there was nothing to blame him...he gives many cards, but thats in all games and hey...andre almeida got red carded ( and well i heard) which means he will miss more than one game so

guimarães has only themselves to blame...thankfully, becoz this is being so sooo hard...every game is a suffering
I understand you. If I was a Benfica fan this season, I also would prefer not talk about the refs.

Bruno Paixão is woeful - always was and always will be - and although there was no majour call favouring you he did condition Guimarães by a series of ridiculous early cards and by sending off Sérgio Conceicão for absolutely nothing.

André Almeida was sent off (at the 89th minute) because he forced the red to be able to miss the Lucílio Cup against Braga and be available for the game at Marítimo. Upon request.

Quote:
and no, still a long way to go...i dont believe porto wins the match tomorrow...its peseiro lol and u have seen thme play?

and we have 2 very tough games yet...maritimo away always hard for us, and as for nacional....machado hates our gutts lol ( maybe not as much as conceição but still lol) , and the team is clearly tired, making many mistakes....still a long way to go
I believe Sporting will do all we would need to do to win the title but that's not the point. This league is rigged, which is not in any way a new thing in our football, but it's always worth mentioning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
It's good to see the lagartos back to second class citizenry where they belong. Didn't take them long to start wearing their familiar wedding suit they bring to watch someone else's happiness spill champagne on it.

You get the sense they actually like it now, like a battered wife suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Twelve years in XT and I still can't help getting bemused at the amount of wank that this person comes up with in every single post. Record breaking stuff.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2016, 17:33
Premier Player
Star Player

Filipe is now stumping for Sergio Conceicao. Sporting tanked every competition save the league because that was their primary goal, but the season is now rigged, which makes the idea of not trying to win the other competitions exponentially dumber. This season is getting sweeter and sweeter.

Last edited by AXP103; April 30th, 2016 at 17:39.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2016, 17:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Filipe is now stumping for Sergio Conceicao. Sporting tanked every competition save the league because that was their primary goal, but the season is now rigged, which makes the idea of not trying to win the other competitions exponentially dumber. This season is getting sweeter and sweeter.
Conceicão is a nutjob but his sending off yesterday was mindboggling. Actually, let me rephrase it, it would have been mindboggling if it would have happened against any other team.

The season has been rigged even before it started and it was exactly for that reason that Sporting had to focus most of our attention in it. It is as if we started it with a few minus points. We know we still don't have a team strong enough to compete for trophies in Europe and domestically that is why the EL was put in a second level.

I don't expect someone like you to accept or even try to understand this but it's always worth trying.

Nelson Mandela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in