Benfica vs. Sporting - the return of JJ - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2015, 18:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Benfica vs. Sporting - the return of JJ

This match will be screened here on Eurosport, so I'll be able to watch it, though it kicks off 4am Melbourne time. Still I'll try and make myself available. Should be a spicy affair for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2015, 19:25
Rising Star

This is a huge test for both teams. The loss of Semedo is huge for us.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 12:44
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
O Derby.
Sporting and their ?5 million a year coach will come to the not so friendly confines of Estadio da Luz aka, Inferno da Luz.
This match has everything to be extra special, Jorge Jesus goes back to a home that made him famous but not only that, the chubby kid who Sporting has for president can't bear with Sporting's failure to make it to the Champions League and has turned against the back to back Champion big time.
I wonder if Benfica will call Sporting by its name or "Visiting team" as sporting does to Benfica as a result of the chubby kid's orders.

Sporting needs this game to avoid their fans, a loss will start a bigger campaign of lies against, the grass, weather, Aguia Vitoria, the ref and whoever the chubby kid can point at.
This chubby kid was part of Juve Leo, I wonder where he was when these criminals set fire to our stadium and never paid for damages.

But anyway, to the game, we'll play our usual 4-4-2 with Silvio as right back most likely or RV will put Almeida as right back and move Fesja, Pizzi or Talisca to the mid, my guess is that Silvio starts.

I hope for a good game and a win over the chubby kid's visiting team aka, team that hasn't won in 13 years going on 14.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 13:03
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
we need focus today, that simple

have seen this team play very well, and have seen them play very badly.....today they have to bring on their A game

no, its not a do or die match, but its huge, as winning means we dont lose distance to Porto, who plays with Braga afterwards

hopefully Silvio will be in shape, as Nelson's Semedo's shoes need to be filled in, just as when he was being so important for us

Silvio has played derbies before, so he will know what to do

Samaris has been consistent, but i do worry about who his midfield partner will be...André Almeida can make contention and be crucial on a good day, he's a true "bombeiro", but he isnt a player than can do the transition between defense and attack. But then what do we have ...Pizzi? Talisca? they have both been quite poor so far this season, and out of the two i would rather play with Pizzi , although Rui Vitória knows best as he is with them on a daily basis.

upfront i would start Jonas with Mitroglou, even though Jimenez has a bigger mobility, Jonas already has that mobility, so for start i would rather have a player that is more positional, to make sure sportings defense is kept on the back

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 13:06
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
we need focus today, that simple

have seen this team play very well, and have seen thme play very bad.....today they have to bring their A game

no, its not a do or die match, but its huge, as winning means we dont lose distance to Porto, who plays with Braga afterwards

hopefully silvio will be in shape, as nelson's semedo's shoes need to be filled in, just as whne he was being so iportant for us

silvio has played derbies before, so he will know what to do

samaris has been consistent, but i do worry about who his midfield partner will be...andré almeida can make contention and be crucial on a good day, he's a true "bombeiro", but he isnt a player than can do the transition between defense and attack. But then what do we have ...pizzi? talisca? they have both been quite poor so far this season, and out of the two i would rather play with pizzi , although rui vitória knows best as he is with thme on a daily basis.

upfront i would start jonas with mitroglou, even though jimenez has a bigger mobility, jonas already has that mobility, so for start i would i would rather a player that is more positional, to make sure sportings defense is kept on the back
Right on, to add that I don't think Sanchez will see any playing time
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 17:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Huge game,a must win game.

2-0,jonas and gaitan.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 17:23
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

and aimar is visiting

anyways,

Benfica's starting line up:

Júlio César;
Sílvio, Luisão, Jardel , Eliseu;
André Almeida, Samaris,
Guedes , Gaitán;
Jonas , Jiménez

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 17:37
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Sporting's starting line up:

Rui Patrício;
João Pereira, Paulo Oliveira, Naldo , Jefferson;
William Carvalho, Adrien,
João Mário , Bryan Ruiz;
Teo Gutiérrez , Slimani.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 17:57
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 18:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
just shameful.

defense is pure garbage.

how the hell on earth did we win at madrid?

fight for third place with braga.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 18:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

0-3 at the half, pk not called against sporting but sporting with 3 goals, sporting with an ass whooping at the half
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 19:03
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes killa, no penalty over luisão called in the 1st few mins of the game, but their 1st goal is yet again another silly mistake of our team, most exactly andré almeida

thne the 2nd goal, great goal, beautiful cross from jefferson and great finish by slimani...sure he wasnt covered, but was a perfect cross

the 3rd goal is just very poor defense, again a counter attack, but how are 4 or 5 players after slimani and only one ( and late) is close to bryan ruiz?

we started well the game , a very balanced game , with the only difference being the defsensive sporting was scoring from every shot on goal while we were missing our chances, however after the 2nd goal, the team lost focus and the HT couldnt come early enough

3-0 means the win is almost impossible, but we need to tie this game, and we can do it, there are changes to be made in the midfield and jonas needs to be replaced by mitroglou ( i love jonas but he's having a terrible game), and most of all...we need to calm down...3 goals can be scored in 10mins, let alone 45m....they need to focus, and go for it

it can happen, and as tough as it is for the team to get back on the field in a situation like this, they can do it , lets go team

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 19:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Just a quick question: where is Flo?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 20:08
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

what to say about the 2nd half...we played worse than during the 1st half, unable to actually gain a momento, they tried yes, but the team was clearly lost

still, a couple goal chances (thinking about jimenez and samaris in 2mins) that showed some players really put their hearts out tonight

proud to see how the fans supported the team till the end, some very emotional moments, pitty yet again another non called penalty ) this time, over gaitan), amazing julio cesar's defense after luisão unbelievable back pass....i still dont undertsand how julio was able to save that ball, amazing

jonas was terrible tonight, it happens to the best, but should have been subbed out, and luisão really needs to be benched, we cant handle it anymore

fair victory for sporting, they were the better team tonight overall, anyone who wins 3-0 is the better team , although the result was unbalanced

congratulations to sporting, now its time to go back to work, think why we have lost 3 derbies so far, what can we do to win the upcoming one, and what needs to be done in order to improve our performances and results

5pts behind ( 8, but 1 game less) means it doesnt depend only from us no,w but we have already been champions with that much distance, so the road is long, be humble, fix what needs to be fixed, no shame, no regret, just work , focus on whats important and move on :thmbup:

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 20:25
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Flo is getting married, not sure how Hurricane Patricia is affecting his party plans.

Once Sporting jumped on the midfield's careless, silly mistake and scored with a bit of good fortune, I think Vitoria played right to JJ's hands. Defensive midfield were sucked in too soon, and Sporting were pretty masterful defending the whole pitch facing the ball. At no point did it look like things would turn after the second goal.

Ref clearly did not have a great deal pf appreciation for Benfica's Eusebio kit offer today.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 20:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
Flo is getting married, not sure how Hurricane Patricia is affecting his party plans.
Thanks. Congrats to him, hope he is safe and hope he enjoyed today's wedding gift.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2015, 20:43
Forum Manager
Star Player

We played bad, don't even know where to start.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2015, 14:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post

We lost, Sporting deserved the win. They were the better team this night. We have some weakness on our defensive line and they were good enough to take advantage of it. Credit to them. Learn from it and go on.

Congrats to Sporting.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2015, 14:55
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EURODAD View Post
Quote:

We lost, Sporting deserved the win. They were the better team this night. We have some weakness on our defensive line and they were good enough to take advantage of it. Credit to them. Learn from it and go on.

Congrats to Sporting.
Trust me, I'm not complaining, JJ schooled Rui Vitoria, let's hope Rui learns from it.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2015, 14:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not complaining, JJ schooled Rui Vitoria, let's hope Rui learns from it.
JJ knows Benfica very well, he knows what our weakness are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in