High Turnover Will Hurt - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:03 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
High Turnover Will Hurt

Disasterous preseason so far, not so much due to the losses, but more so from the befuddled look on the players' faces, especially the defense. Getting Luizão back will help, but no real substitute for Garay has been found. This is inexcusable considering how long they've known of Garay's departure.

While Benfica picked up a few worthwhile gambles - like Talisca, Derley and possibly Bebė - they have the money to go after an immediate, impact player. They need to this sooner rather than later since transition will take time. Luizão needs a partner badly, and his name is not Jardel.

And for fecks sake, resign Enzo and Gaitan. Double their salaries, whatever. Just keep them here.

I shutter a season of B players being promoted to fill the gaps of a poor off-season. Eurodad's dream squad is about to become a forgettable nightmare. Save us, Rui Costa! You're our only hope...

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:22
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
my thoughts exactly...i have been able to watch only a few mins of the games played so far, and i did like talisca and bébé seems like a good prospect, with derley aswell, but it is very worrying not only the shambles in which our defense is ( i saw the highlights of yesterday's goals against arsenal, and with that defense and artur, i think i could have scored them myself...), but also, having watched most of the eusebio cup game, the lack of scoring ability.....

i know we have lost half of last years starting team, i realise we may need the $, i agree that its time to bet in our youth (joão teixeira looked very interesting for ex.) , but we need some experienced (not necessarily older) quality players on the first 11 if we are to give the championship title a try this season.....

you go with princess leia, im going to try this one

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 16:03 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

In fairness to the defense, injuries have forced our C team defense to play a ridiculous amount of minutes without any rest. Artur is just awful. Where's Ramero again?

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 16:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
You've been all these years thinking that Jesus was your saviour but the truth is now being revealed. It was the Holy Ghost (Bank) that really paid the bills but now it's all over. Impact player? By the look of things only this one could save you:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 16:40 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Benfica could sell their entire team and the certainty that they would still finish ahead of sporting is still guaranteed.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 17:20
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

filipe my dear...with the turnover at both benfica and porto this season, although with one selling and the other buying, and sporting keeping its team...if you guys dont make it now, i dont see when you'll have the chance to in the upcoming years ...the ball is on your side

post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 17:22
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
In fairness to the defense, injuries have forced our C team defense to play a ridiculous amount of minutes without any rest. Artur is just awful. Where's Ramero again?
artur was terrible yet again, i dont know whats going on with him, he used to be a very decent keeper, something totally messed him up...and we still keep missing opportunities, a lot of work ahead

i think romero wanted more money, but thats expected, everyone knows the WC has that effect, i dont understand why we dont go for someone decent from our league even

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2014, 20:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Benfica could sell their entire team and the certainty that they would still finish ahead of sporting is still guaranteed.
OK, I'll keep this post in mind until the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
filipe my dear...with the turnover at both benfica and porto this season, although with one selling and the other buying, and sporting keeping its team...if you guys dont make it now, i dont see when you'll have the chance to in the upcoming years ...the ball is on your side
Porto are the favourites, at least looking at the new players they bought. We have a much deeper squad than last year but we have a new coach that never worked in a top club so it's silly to think we're the number one candidate.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Pila; August 3rd, 2014 at 22:04.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 02:04 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

JJ warns - tongue in cheek? - that if anyone else leaves, he's leaving with them.

He laughed it off, but to me that was a warning shot.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 02:26
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

tbh, if we paid less for his salary, we might have kept some players....lets see what happens

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 04:14 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

They've cleared enough salary with those who have left, that's not even taking into account the surplus from the summer sales. Re-sign Enzo and Gaitan. Give them a raise and remove the temptation.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 12:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Mr Cock editing other people's posts?!? Jesus, the world is really going to end soon.

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 12:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
They've cleared enough salary with those who have left, that's not even taking into account the surplus from the summer sales. Re-sign Enzo and Gaitan. Give them a raise and remove the temptation.
I don't know if it's plain ignorance of what is the real financial situation of your club or just the usual lampionic ostrich tactics.

The neverending credit given by Banco Espírito Santo to SLB is OVER. Your club needs to pay €67M until the end of 2014 thus the reason for this rushed selling spree. It's all over, the end is nigh.

Nelson Mandela
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 13:22 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's Mr. Pila to you. Only your mother calls me. Mr. Cock, and coming from you is uncomfortably homoerotic. Sorry, son - it's not going to work for me.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 13:31 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
I don't know if it's plain ignorance of what is the real financialnext situation of your club or just the usual lampionic ostrich tactics.

The neverending credit given by Banco Espírito Santo to SLB is OVER. Your club needs to pay €67M until the end of 2014 thus the reason for this rushed selling spree. It's all over, the end is nigh.
It's not any of that. It's just you, who has zero understanding of economics.

The real reality of the situation is that banks are trampling over each other to be Benfica's limitless credit line. It's not everyday a bank gets to leverage it's capital ratios with one of the biggest cash flow cows in the world of sports.

Read a book, fer fecks sake.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 14:51
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Felipe talking finance is funny since he would never detail why Sporting has negative equity.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 17:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ok, sorry about that, Mr. Pila. I'll will no longer dishonor my mother by taking her Pet name she gave you in vain.

Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Pila; August 4th, 2014 at 18:07.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 18:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXP103 View Post
Felipe talking finance is funny since he would never detail why Sporting has negative equity.
Sporting was managed by incompetent and/or dishonest people since José Roquette took charge of the club up until Bruno de Carvalho came to power, that's why. The current Board contracted an external auditor who is making a complete financial audit of the last 15 years which will be gradually made public during the coming year. Hopefully some of those that contributed to our current financial situation will be taken to justice.

When something similar will happen inside your club I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 18:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

My mother has this framed above her bed, Mr. Pila. She's cool like that.

Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Pila; August 4th, 2014 at 18:14.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2014, 18:14 Thread Starter
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post

My mother has this framed above her bed, Mr. Pila. She's cool like that.
She's alright.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in