SLB - Estoril - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2013, 22:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
SLB - Estoril

SLB just drew Estoril 1-1 and given a whole new angle to Sunday's Classico. SLB came out firing early, but did not convert any goals. Estoril got back into the match and it was pretty even through to halftime. Enzo subbed himself out due to an injury and was replaced by Carlos Martins.

Estoril scored a deserved goal. SLB answered through a wicked right footed shot by Maxi. Carlos Martins then accumulated a pair of yellow cards and was thrown out (Last act as a Benfica player?). This proved to high a hill to climb as Estoril was content to play possession and get a point.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 15:09
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXP103 View Post
SLB just drew Estoril 1-1 and given a whole new angle to Sunday's Classico. SLB came out firing early, but did not convert any goals. Estoril got back into the match and it was pretty even through to halftime. Enzo subbed himself out due to an injury and was replaced by Carlos Martins.

Estoril scored a deserved goal. SLB answered through a wicked right footed shot by Maxi. Carlos Martins then accumulated a pair of yellow cards and was thrown out (Last act as a Benfica player?). This proved to high a hill to climb as Estoril was content to play possession and get a point.
That second yellow by Carlos was just infantile. An incredibly dumb move by a guy on the cusp of falling into obscurity in some second division Moroccan team.

The Sunday date for the classico seems strange - isn't the UEFA cup final on Wednesday. What is wrong with a Saturday date - don't they usually flex schedules to accommodate these sort of things?

They better hold on to their chin straps.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 19:36
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
i believe the game will take place on saturday, at 20.30 GMT

anyways, on the game with estoril....it was a great football match, very vivid and exciting, with Estoril playing really well ( no wonder they are where they are in the standings) and Benfica seriously trying to achieve the victory.

Shame that we lost enzo perez and had to replace him with martins ( the 1st yellow card was very dumb and may have cost us the game, because he was expelled right after we tied and were putting a huge pressure on Estoril's defense), shame that estoril's goal was a blunder from artur, shame that we missed several opportunities, even if Estoril missed quite a few aswell.

i knew this would be a very tough game and am frustrated that we cant face porto with a 4 pts lead, BUT we cant give up, we are ahead, we have to go out there and play for the win. We MUST play for the win, and if things go wrong, get the draw.

i have faith in this team , and like maxi himself said after the game ( in such a way that almost brought tears to my eyes) , we will play to win and we will be champions, that has to be the spirit, we wont break!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 19:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
( in such a way that almost brought tears to my eyes)
Aww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 20:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Quote:
i believe the game will take place on saturday, at 20.30 GMT

anyways, on the game with estoril....it was a great football match, very vivid and exciting, with Estoril playing really well ( no wonder they are where they are in the standings) and Benfica seriously trying to achieve the victory.

Shame that we lost enzo perez and had to replace him with martins ( the 1st yellow card was very dumb and may have cost us the game, because he was expelled right after we tied and were putting a huge pressure on Estoril's defense), shame that estoril's goal was a blunder from artur, shame that we missed several opportunities, even if Estoril missed quite a few aswell.

i knew this would be a very tough game and am frustrated that we cant face porto with a 4 pts lead, BUT we cant give up, we are ahead, we have to go out there and play for the win. We MUST play for the win, and if things go wrong, get the draw.

i have faith in this team , and like maxi himself said after the game ( in such a way that almost brought tears to my eyes) , we will play to win and we will be champions, that has to be the spirit, we wont break!
I agree in that it was a great game. Estoril plays some really nice football and it's amazing how underrated they were by the press, and also by Benfica itself.

What's your opinion on the three controversial situations that happened in this game?

- Was it a penalty of Artur on Luís Leal when the game was still 0-0?

- Was the offside call on Luís Leal in the first half correct?

- Did Licá interfere in Estoril's goal move enough to disallow the goal?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 20:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

hi guys i heard theres a league 2 be played.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2013, 20:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
The Sunday date for the classico seems strange - isn't the UEFA cup final on Wednesday. What is wrong with a Saturday date - don't they usually flex schedules to accommodate these sort of things?
The game is on Saturday. alm:

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 03:47
Rising Star

Teams: Argentina
WTF...Benfica have made it a hard work for themselves now......they just had to win the 2 home games to take the title and now they have 2 finals in a matter of days to win 2 titles.........Porto and Chelsea......though it could makes for an exciting end to the season I'm freakin nervous
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 03:54
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
I agree in that it was a great game. Estoril plays some really nice football and it's amazing how underrated they were by the press, and also by Benfica itself.

What's your opinion on the three controversial situations that happened in this game?

All 3 could have gone against Benfica and I don't think there would have been a legitimate argument against it. Benfica were fortunate and benefitted from 3 errors from the officials. Estoril have a legitimate gripe with Monday's officiating, unlike Sporting of a few weeks back.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 07:28
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

yes

yes

not enough

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 07:29
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
where have u been josh? only show up now is it ?

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 08:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
All 3 could have gone against Benfica and I don't think there would have been a legitimate argument against it. Benfica were fortunate and benefitted from 3 errors from the officials. Estoril have a legitimate gripe with Monday's officiating, unlike Sporting of a few weeks back.
If Benfica fails to win this league it will be in spite of the many refereeing "mistakes" that went against their opponents in several key matches in the league, of which the two last played at Luz are a perfect example. Some call it fortune, others, like your club's president, call it "a verdade desportiva".

Anyway I have a hint that they will lose at Porto but Vítor Pereira will do his final choke job and fail to win at Paços.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 12:14
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
If Benfica fails to win this league it will be in spite of the many refereeing "mistakes" that went against their opponents in several key matches in the league, of which the two last played at Luz are a perfect example. Some call it fortune, others, like your club's president, call it "a verdade desportiva".

Anyway I have a hint that they will lose at Porto but Vítor Pereira will do his final choke job and fail to win at Paços.
Hardly. Sporting have had about double of the number of erroneous calls go their way. The difference is Sporting sucks.

Porto also got the better share of bad calls, but they suck less than Sporting, that's why the title is still to be decided between Benfica and Porto and Sporting is still wiping jizz off their chin.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 18:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Hardly. Sporting have had about double of the number of erroneous calls go their way. The difference is Sporting sucks.

Porto also got the better share of bad calls, but they suck less than Sporting, that's why the title is still to be decided between Benfica and Porto and Sporting is still wiping jizz off their chin.
You should stop reading Gina.

Nelson Mandela
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 20:17
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gina Ford?

Not my kind of literature. You worry needlessly.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 20:46
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Filipe, why the atitude?

really, you should be worried about your club, not showing up here only when you think there's a possibility of benfica not winning the title....that possibility has always been present and always will until the fat lady sings....

what matters is that we have been having a terrific season so far, one that has let us all very proud of our team and whether we win it all or we lose it all, we will be fighting for the trophies right until the end

i have a hardtime in understanding this anti-benfica attitude

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 21:14
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Hey man, there used to be an annoying porto fan around here, he's missing missing in action though.... strange...
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 21:17
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:

Estoril has a nice team and a nice coach, hats off to them.

-Artur touches Luis Leal's foot, barely and i'm not even sure he realized it but the player went down, if there's a penalty called then we eat it and shut up.

-Very close, when in doubt let it go, but the ref's decision is accepted much like it happens in a bunch of league games every weekend.

-Yes, not only was he offside but he plays the ball, Artur's vision is blocked by him, the fact that he plays the ball is enough to call offside.

Estoril played good, no beef with the tie.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 21:20
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:

Interesting, you didn't talk like that last year after Porto and sporting games.... small team syndrome? :shakepalm:

Oh, i get it, Lima and Salvio did it to you, man, your team hasn't beaten Benfica in how long now? Last year bad penalty calls, Gaitan not called then Ricky fake penalty LOL , get outta here troll, learn how to see the game and stop having small team syndrome; first game, we score 3 goals but one's not accounted for, talk about that, vs Academica, 2 penalties against, both ridiculous, you shut your mouth LOL get outta here man
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 21:58
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Filipe, why the atitude?

really, you should be worried about your club, not showing up here only when you think there's a possibility of benfica not winning the title....that possibility has always been present and always will until the fat lady sings....

what matters is that we have been having a terrific season so far, one that has let us all very proud of our team and whether we win it all or we lose it all, we will be fighting for the trophies right until the end

i have a hardtime in understanding this anti-benfica attitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in