2012-2013 PL Week 1 Benfica vs. Braga - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 01:01 Thread Starter
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
2012-2013 PL Week 1 Benfica vs. Braga

2012-2013 PL Week 1 Benfica vs. Braga

Saturday August 18 20:15 local time



Does anyone want to throw-up a possible lineup?
weloveyuner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 12:02
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Inácio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 24,618
its hard to believe, but the league starts tonight for us , and with a big match too !

i wont risk a line up since i didnt come accross a list of the players being called ....

these are the possible candidates though

Goalkeepers

1Artur Moraes
13Paulo Lopes

Defenders

4Luisão
5Luisinho
14Maxi Pereira
24Ezequiel Garay
25Melgarejo
27Miguel Vítor
33Jardel

Midfielders

6Javi García
8Bruno César
9Nolito
10Pablo Aimar
15Ola John
17Carlos Martins
20Nicolás Gaitán
21Matic
28Axel Witsel
35Enzo Peréz

Forwards

7Óscar Cardozo
11Rodrigo Mora
12Yannick Djaló
19Rodrigo
30Saviola
31Alan Kardec
40Michel
70Hugo Vieira

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Inácio is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 15:22
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Inácio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 24,618
and the players called are.....ta daaaaa........

Goalkeepers : Artur Moraes , Paulo Lopes;

Defense: Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Garay, Melgarejo, Luisinho , Miguel Vítor;

Midfield: Javi García, Witsel, Bruno César, Nolito, Carlos Martins, Aimar, Salvio, Gaitán e Enzo Perez;

Forwards: Cardozo , Rodrigo

so glad to see salvio back

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Inácio is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 21:06
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Inácio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 24,618
what a terrible game so far alm:

sleep mode all 1st HT

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Inácio is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 21:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,300
The referee sent off the wrong player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 22:04
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Wasn't a foul by Cardoza on the goalkeeper. He may have jumped in his eyeline but that was all. Should be 3-2 Benfica.

What a rowdy crowd
Maturin is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 22:17
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Inácio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 24,618
sleep mode part two...what a poor poor game tonight alm:

both teams playing utter crap, but obviously Benfica cant put up a (no)show like tonights

2-2

salvio scores an easy goal, melgarejo gives the draw to braga with an own goal, mossoro gives braga the lead with a crappy defensive mistake of ours and finally cardozo scores a penalty

truth be said, it was a true penalty and a player should have indeed be sent off....but custodio, not douglão...

then benfica makes the 3rd goal, on a braga own goal, but the ref decides to wrongly disallow it, since cardozo didnt even touch the goalie....

what a waste of time

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Inácio is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2012, 23:28
Sportinguista
Premier Player
 
SCP-87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2009
Location: Ontario
Teams: Sporting CP
Posts: 1,344
GG

"you deserved to be in a small cage and treated like the animals you are "

-Killa
SCP-87 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 16:08
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
I'm pissed because I couldn't watch the whole game but from what I saw we weren't good yesterday, does anyone have an image of the ball that we put in the back of the net and was called back? The Custodio was the one that cut the ball with his hand, I think the ref wanted to go soft on Douglao but that should have been a straight red either way.
killa is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 16:08
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-87 View Post
GG
What do you mean by GG?
killa is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 18:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
I'm pissed because I couldn't watch the whole game but from what I saw we weren't good yesterday, does anyone have an image of the ball that we put in the back of the net and was called back? The Custodio was the one that cut the ball with his hand, I think the ref wanted to go soft on Douglao but that should have been a straight red either way.
It was actually a pretty good game for a season debut by both teams. It's true that it wasn't that well played but it was exciting and pretty fast. Benfica overall was OK but Melgarejo is even worse than Emerson and without Aimar your midfield is simply not the same thing. Braga was very good defending but they didn't show much upfront and were lucky in both goals.

About the pseudo 3rd goal by Benfica it's understandable why it was disallowed. Cardozo just slightly touched Beto but he barged onto him and inside the goalkeeper's box we all know that refs don't give much chances to flying strikers...unless you are called Luisão and you're playing Sporting.

The final score was fair and what really impressed me most was Jesus comments after the game, praising the quality of the opponent team and congratulating the ref for a good performance. Someone must have put some xanax on his chewing gum.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 19:07
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Cardozo hardly touched Beto if at all with the disallowed third goal.

His intention may have been to barge into him from his action but it didn't materialise If there was any contact it was miniscule in the extreme. If there is always talk of goalkeepers being over protected then this was a big highlight of that.

Should have stood.
Maturin is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 19:57
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis View Post
It was actually a pretty good game for a season debut by both teams. It's true that it wasn't that well played but it was exciting and pretty fast. Benfica overall was OK but Melgarejo is even worse than Emerson and without Aimar your midfield is simply not the same thing. Braga was very good defending but they didn't show much upfront and were lucky in both goals.

About the pseudo 3rd goal by Benfica it's understandable why it was disallowed. Cardozo just slightly touched Beto but he barged onto him and inside the goalkeeper's box we all know that refs don't give much chances to flying strikers...unless you are called Luisão and you're playing Sporting.

The final score was fair and what really impressed me most was Jesus comments after the game, praising the quality of the opponent team and congratulating the ref for a good performance. Someone must have put some xanax on his chewing gum.
Thank you for your input of the game, however Luisao never fouled Ricardo, Peseiro already admited it and so did Ricardo, see min 0:33 if there were ever any questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaW6h57VSY
killa is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 20:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
Cardozo hardly touched Beto if at all with the disallowed third goal.

His intention may have been to barge into him from his action but it didn't materialise If there was any contact it was miniscule in the extreme. If there is always talk of goalkeepers being over protected then this was a big highlight of that.

Should have stood.
No, it shouldn't because fouls are given not only when there is contact but also when there is a clear intention to have it, which was the case here. When that movement happened I was actually following Cardozo's movements and not the ball and I could see how he simply ignored the ball and only searched the contact with the keeper. He failed hitting him but he tried his best to do it and it was silly of him to do so as, if he didn't, the goal would have probably stood.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 20:37
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Being cautioned and pulled up for a foul that doesn't exist but is seen as intent usually occurs when the play is deemed violent or dangerous. Cardozo's action in the box was neither dangerous or violent. It looked like he was trying to just block off Beto but failed and missed him or hardly brushed him at all.
Maturin is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 22:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
Being cautioned and pulled up for a foul that doesn't exist but is seen as intent usually occurs when the play is deemed violent or dangerous. Cardozo's action in the box was neither dangerous or violent. It looked like he was trying to just block off Beto but failed and missed him or hardly brushed him at all.
The referee thought it was dangerous and I also think so, that is why he called the foul. In any case nobody from Benfica criticized the ref's decision so it seems there is not much substance in this "case".

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2012, 23:13
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Does anyone have the play so i can see?
killa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome