WEEK 1 - [B]Gil Vicente[/B] - [B]SL BENFICA[/B] - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 14:50 Thread Starter
The One and Only
Premier Player
 
ForçaMadeirense's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: The Village of Brooklin, ON
Teams: S.L. Benfica, C.S.Marítimo
Posts: 1,650
WEEK 1 - [B]Gil Vicente[/B] - [B]SL BENFICA[/B]




Gil Vicente - SL BENFICA
Round 1 Primeira Liga
12 August 2011
Kick-off 15:45
Estádio Cidade de Barcelos (Barcelos).

Viva ao Benfica e Forca ao Maritimo.
ForçaMadeirense is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 20:01
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
killa is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 23:09
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
I wish TVI and Sport TV were available in the USA. If I ever want to watch a regular season game, I have to use the Internet.

Last edited by weloveyuner; August 10th, 2011 at 23:28.
weloveyuner is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 23:38
Star Player
 
benfiquista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Barcelona
Teams: Benfica
Posts: 3,362
I thought TVI had to show their weekly game via RTPi.
benfiquista is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 05:26
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
Is there anyone here who lives in the USA and has satellite? Right now, if I want Goltv and ESPN Deportes, I have to pay Comcast $10 a month for each channel, neither of which is in HD. Does anyone get both those channels in some sort of package, and also Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, ITV, Sport TV, etc.?
weloveyuner is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 17:28
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by weloveyuner View Post
Is there anyone here who lives in the USA and has satellite? Right now, if I want Goltv and ESPN Deportes, I have to pay Comcast $10 a month for each channel, neither of which is in HD. Does anyone get both those channels in some sort of package, and also Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, ITV, Sport TV, etc.?
I got Gol Tv, FSC Sport TV and RTPi, usually just get the games online if they're not on Portuguese TV.
killa is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 19:23
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
I got Gol Tv, FSC Sport TV and RTPi, usually just get the games online if they're not on Portuguese TV.
Do you have satellite or cable? Do you get them in a package or individually? How much per month do you pay for them? Are any of them in HD?
weloveyuner is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 19:31
Premier Player
Star Player
 
AXP103's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2000
Location: Massachusetts
Teams: Benfica
Posts: 2,656
FWIW, I get the two FSC and GOL TV in HD with Time Warner Cable. Don't get the get the Spanish channels (IE ESPN or Fox Desportes).

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
AXP103 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 19:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Josué's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 62,100
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by weloveyuner View Post
I wish TVI and Sport TV were available in the USA. If I ever want to watch a regular season game, I have to use the Internet.
Do you have the Dish network?

They offer a Portuguese package that features SportTV Americas, a channel that broadcasts 5-6 league games each weekend.

Here in Canada, I have to order a specific Portuguese football package to get that same channel, and then a separate package for my other Portuguese channels (RTP, SIC).

I love that package, lets me watch all but two games of the league every matchday. Before this package, it was internet mess or going to a Portuguese bar close to my house.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 22:05
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

Here in Canada, I have to order a specific Portuguese football package to get that same channel, and then a separate package for my other Portuguese channels
(RTP, SIC).
That's awesome, does your dad translate for you?
killa is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 22:06
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by weloveyuner View Post
Do you have satellite or cable? Do you get them in a package or individually? How much per month do you pay for them? Are any of them in HD?
Cablevision, I also have ESPN Deportes but don't watch it. Not sure how much I pay since it's a triple play package (phone, internet, cable), i think it's around $180/month
killa is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 22:14
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Do you have the Dish network?

They offer a Portuguese package that features SportTV Americas, a channel that broadcasts 5-6 league games each weekend.

Here in Canada, I have to order a specific Portuguese football package to get that same channel, and then a separate package for my other Portuguese channels (RTP, SIC).

I love that package, lets me watch all but two games of the league every matchday. Before this package, it was internet mess or going to a Portuguese bar close to my house.
thanks for the info
weloveyuner is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 00:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Josué's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 62,100
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
That's awesome, does your dad translate for you?
I keep your mother around for that.

Don't talk about my family.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 15:27
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I keep your mother around for that.

Don't talk about my family.
Josh, you told me and Flo that you don't speak Portuguese so in my understanding it was a fair question to ask who translated for you; now you come here with mother jokes???
I don't want you to have another breakdown like you did when Flo mentioned your GF (or lack thereof)
killa is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 15:53
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Players called up:
Keepers: Artur Moraes and Eduardo;

Defense: Maxi Pereira, Jardel, Garay and Emerson;

Mids: Ruben Amorim, Javi García, Matic, Witsel, Bruno César, Enzo Pérez, Nolito, Aimar, David Simão and Gaitán;

Up Front:
Saviola, Jara and Rodrigo Mora.
killa is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 18:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
Josué's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Posts: 62,100
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
Josh, you told me and Flo that you don't speak Portuguese so in my understanding it was a fair question to ask who translated for you; now you come here with mother jokes???
I don't want you to have another breakdown like you did when Flo mentioned your GF (or lack thereof)
Man, I was obviously being sarcastic. I speak/understand Portuguese perfectly, I just can't write that well because I've never had to. I've never lived in Portugal, never went to Portuguese school when I was younger, etc. I probably should improve on this because it bothers me sometimes that I can't write fluently in a language I love. I speak/understand/read without any issue, but have really never had to write in Portuguese.

I apologize for the silly mother joke, unneccessary. Regarding my girlfriend, I am actually proposing tomorrow night after over 4 years together. Not nervous at all, which I've been told is weird. I guess I'm not nervous because I know the answer as we've talked about it for a while now, but I've been told I am still supposed to be nervous.

I won't need the couple of shots of aguardente to ease the nerves. p

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Josué is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 18:43
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Man, I was obviously being sarcastic. I speak/understand Portuguese perfectly, I just can't write that well because I've never had to. I've never lived in Portugal, never went to Portuguese school when I was younger, etc. I probably should improve on this because it bothers me sometimes that I can't write fluently in a language I love. I speak/understand/read without any issue, but have really never had to write in Portuguese.

I apologize for the silly mother joke, unneccessary. Regarding my girlfriend, I am actually proposing tomorrow night after over 4 years together. Not nervous at all, which I've been told is weird. I guess I'm not nervous because I know the answer as we've talked about it for a while now, but I've been told I am still supposed to be nervous.

I won't need the couple of shots of aguardente to ease the nerves. p
The jabs don't bother me man, glad you admitted you were being sarcastic, it was obvious that you were trying to deny whatever was posted, it's all good.

Now back to the game.
killa is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 20:27
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
Do we have a confirmed lineup?
weloveyuner is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 20:48
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
no Capdevila or Cardozo
weloveyuner is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2011, 20:54
Culé y Benfiquista
Rising Star
 
weloveyuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2011
Location: Bay Area
Teams: FC Barcelona, SL Benfica
Posts: 261
GGGOOOOLLLLLL de Nolito!
weloveyuner is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome