Camacho: Eu Sou Um Saco De Merda - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2008, 23:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Camacho: Eu Sou Um Saco De Merda

Camacho officially resigned this evening after we drew 2-2. I really don't want to hear what he has to say, because only a ****ing coward decides to leave 3/4 into the season. For what he did for us in his previous tenure, I thank him; but I have officially lost all respect for the man.

Quote:
José Antonio Camacho já não é treinador do Benfica. É o próprio quem o anuncia neste momento, na sala de imprensa do Estádio da Luz.

O presidente dos encarnados, Luís Filipe Vieira, que também participa na conferência, confirma ter aceite o pedido de demissão do treinador espanhol.

Apesar de nenhum ter respondido às questões dos jornalistas, Vieira informou que ainda esta noite a Direcção vai reunir-se, com o intuito de encontrar a melhor solução para fazer face à saída de Camacho.

O GLORIOSO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2008, 23:19
Legend

Teams: Italia - Roma
Did he really say he is a sack of shit?

Make Xtratime great again.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2008, 23:50
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
He will always have my respect, even though he has proven he's not the manager we once thought to be. He is leaving because he he doesn't believe he can do anything to turn things around. So, in the end, this is in the club's best interests.

About that title, I didn't expect this from you Glorioso.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 00:10
Star Player

Rui Costa: «Players should feel responsible».
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 00:28
Star Player

I think the guy clearly just lacked the passion to be on the sidelines. He managed without a break from 1992-2005, and Benfica was his first job since he managed Real Madrid in 04-05.

Simply put, the guy should never have come back, and his resignation should come as a relief to Benfica fans in my opinion.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 00:42
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto&Guti View Post

Simply put, the guy should never have come back, and his resignation should come as a relief to Benfica fans in my opinion.
exactly what i think, and thought from the start

im relieved

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 00:46
Star Player

I will be relieved in the day I see Benfica with a decent admninistration. As long as LFV is in charge, the manager will always have low chances of succeeding.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 01:45
Premier Player

So thats two coaches now in 1 season. What the hell is wrong with this club? I wouldnt putting the blame soely on Camacho. Changing managers twice in the same season says more about the club and the administration then the individual coach.

I see that Chalana has taken over temporarily.

Don't worry.... it only seems kinky the first time.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 02:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
So thats two coaches now in 1 season. What the hell is wrong with this club? I wouldnt putting the blame soely on Camacho. Changing managers twice in the same season says more about the club and the administration then the individual coach.

I see that Chalana has taken over temporarily.
The man's father just passed away, that might have something to do with it as well.

As I said before, Fernando Santos should not have been fired 1 game into the season, changing coaches means that you'll have someone come in with new ideas and those ideas take a while to implement.

Chalana should take over the team for the time being, maybe even the rest of the season but we should get a good coach....... Mourinho would be nice
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 04:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

14 points behind Porto, this guy has been a joke. He has quality players at his disposal, and just comes up with the same crap over and over.

O_G, do you see what I mean now, amigo? I've told you for years now that Camacho is nothing more than a coward. When the going gets tough, he gets going in the opposite direction.

Anyways, this is a positive thing for you guys and I'd love to see a Portuguese manager like a Jorge Jesus or Manuel Cajuda land the job. Perfect opportunity now.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 07:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

O_G, do you see what I mean now, amigo? I've told you for years now that Camacho is nothing more than a coward. When the going gets tough, he gets going in the opposite direction.
I had respect for the guy. I felt that he did a great job with us several years ago and was unlucky with Spain at the 2002 WC. However, I do feel you're right. Although things were going bad with us now, he could have at least shown the courtesy to finish out the season with us and then leave. We gave him his ticket back into top flight football, because his success with us gave him his Real Madrid opportunity.

I just don't think it was right for him to step down at this moment in March, because he couldn't take it anymore. The rest of the club has to go through this period regardless and he took it upon himself to just leave 3/4 in. He could have left on good terms, but instead took a cowards way out

O GLORIOSO

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 12:51
Premier Player

Teams: SL Benfica, Portugal NT
I agree with what pretty much everyone said here. Its a relief in a way...Benfica really wasn't going anywhere with him at the helm. Its best for both sides...He looked like he just didn't want to do this anymore...But at the same time, even though the league is out of reach, we're still playing for the taca and the Uefa cup. Losing your coach in the middle of the season isn't going in the right direction.

But im sick of this..there's way more to this then Camacho leaving....We haven't had a coach that stayed more then a season since Camacho first tenure here. That sucks!!! Camacho said yesturday in his last press confrence that its best for the team if they part ways...I think its time Luis Felipe Vieira takes that advice also...Im sick of listening to our president bitch and moan about things like the whole Pinto da Costa Apito Dourado crap, mean while our team is falling behind Porto. He goes and buys Zoro and Ed Carlos this year, but when Luisao and David Luiz goes down we move one of our best midfielders Katsouranis to take their place....Why have players you don't trust on the roster??? We buy this offseason Di Maria, Cristian Rodriguez, and Fabio Coentrao...All players pretty much simular..left sided midfield players...yet we have no one to play on the right... We have 4 dm's in Petit, Katsouranis, Binya, and Maxi perreira, but yet we have no one to take Rui Costa's place. Fabio Coentrao, Miguelltio, Bergessio...we buy these players to loan them out and not give them a chance with our team...I look at a guy like Joao Perreira , whos having a pretty good season at Braga...We let him go what 2 years ago...at his position now we have a guy whos probably the worst player in Benfica in Luis Felipe...It just seems like this club as no direction where to go!

I hope Chalana does just take over the team the rest of the season....Manuel Cajuda and Jorge Jesus should be the favorites to take the job, and both of them would do a great job, but thats to easy with this ******** running them team...He likes to do things the hardway it seems
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 14:21
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 14:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
Dude,

Joal Pereira's really bad
Joal? He's talking about Joao Pereira, the RB for Braga.

He's the third best RB in the league for me, behind Bosingwa and Janicio.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 14:58
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Camacho had nothing left. And after his father passed away, he obviously didn't have the gill to go through the second guessing of the press and fans.

Personally, I'm not upset. I expect Chalana to revive this team.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 16:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I guess last night I was bit too harsh on Camacho which came from how this season has played out to I having to write a 6 page paper and edit two others. I'm still disappointed that his return didn't turn out the way I wanted. However, I still think he is a good manager who was brought in under the worst of conditions and simply as Pila said it, he has nothing left.

O GLORIOSO

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 16:22
Premier Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
Personally, I'm not upset. I expect Chalana to revive this team.
Am I right in thinking that you expect Chalana will be made a permanent replacement?

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 16:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Well he's been calling for it for the past 3 years if I remember correctly.

O GLORIOSO

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 16:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I think alot of whether Chalana stays or not is how the team does this week. Now, mind you, nobody in their right mind would expect a manager to immediately get a team to turn around a 1-2 scoreline in an away game, but I'm talking moreso about the attitude of the team. Chalana will have to have 11 players with some sort of passion out there, otherwise it will be obvious the players don't respect such a small change.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2008, 16:26
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXP103 View Post
Am I right in thinking that you expect Chalana will be made a permanent replacement?
I think they'll let him coach the rest of the way. I have no idea what they plan to do once that's over. I guess it depends on how well the team responds to Chalana.

But it doesn't make sense to get a new coach now - Chalana knoes the players - all he has to do is put them in a position they'll repond to. Hopefully, it'll mean we never see Luis Filipe again.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in