PSL: SL Benfica v FC Porto (Estadio Da Luz) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 18:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
PSL: SL Benfica v FC Porto (Estadio Da Luz)

The showdown begins

Porto were off to a great league start and it looked like they were going to run away with it. However, after a couple of bad results against a large number of good results for Benfica, they are only 4 points up on Benfica and a loss could prove to be devastating for Jesusaldo Ferreira's side. To add even more fuel to the fire, both teams remain undefeated in league play.

Here's hoping for a great match with many (Benfica) goals

O GLORIOSO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 19:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
I am very confident..we will win against that overated crap tripeira team!

I would even change my lovely avatar for Porto one if they won today.

3-1 or 4-1!

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 19:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Damn, I wish we got a bet going on with Joshua and Pun...

O GLORIOSO

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 20:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

We were in grasp for the first 15 and then we let Porto take over. I don't know where the **** Leo was on the Quaresma goal. How could you give that **** so much space to his little trivela goal. What the ****?! It's also nice that Lisandro decides to play act to kill the half

O GLORIOSO

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 21:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Words can't describe how angry I am right now.

I'm convinced today that Leo should have no part on this team. Rodriguez was crap and couldn't beat anyone, but at least he was relentless in his attack. Maxi shouldn't play the position he was playing. How do I know this? Well he's always been shit at that position and anyone can beat Fucile. When Di Maria entered, Fucile couldn't take him at all. Rui Costa was pushed out of his position because everyone was getting ****ed up at theirs. Katsouranis didn't do so bad of a job, but Petit was just crap. Petit made so many stupid mistakes with shooting.

Nuno Gomes...I seriously don't want to put a whole lot of blame on him because he lacked any type of support, but **** him. Whenever he got on the ball it was either a poor touch or he held it too long. Why is he our captain? Is it because he's been at Benfica longer than anyone? Seriously, he lacks any type of real leadership and it is a disgrace that Rui isn't captain. For the most part, Luisao did well but towards the end he gave the ball up like a retard. I actually think David Luiz was decent despite almost being beaten a few times. He was not at fault for Quaresma because Leo was no where to be found.

Luis Felipe has to be the worst option at RB. The guy is absolutely crap! I rather have Nelson out there, because at least he can keep up with players. For once, Quim performed well.

Adu and Di Maria must get a lot more time. They are perhaps the only players on the pitch with exception to Rui Costa who don't have a poor first touch. Cardozo needs to replace Nuno Gomes immediately.

Another note to add, Porto played very well and of course unlike ourselves showed cohesion. We dominated the entire second half of play and Porto didn't mind at all to play counter-attacking football. We had hand-ball calls that weren't made and even a penalty which was very legit because Fucile fell on Di Maria's leg. However, the way we finished this match was so disgusting that we didn't deserve to win.

O GLORIOSO

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 21:48
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
heard most of the 1st half on the radio, watched the last 70m of the game on tv and all i can say is...what a waste of my time

ok, ill say something else...the team was pathetic..nervous, playing terribly , not a single player did well tonight, what worked well with milan: playing as a team and actually trying to take something out of the game, happenned exactly the opposite today

same with camacho,pathetic game reading ands timing and when a team enters a game like we did and doesnt change the attitude during the entiure game one has to question the leader's ability on team management

congrats to porto, well deserved victory

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 21:50
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

OG..leo? u have to be kinding, seriously

hes consistently one of our best most regular players every single game

tonight he was crap as everyone else

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 21:53
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
We do have some good young players, however the whole right side was beyond bad, maxi couldn't get around fucile nor even make a decent pass, luis filipe tried but he's really bad too. Adu came in well and didn't miss a pass and Di Maria needs more playing time.

We sucks, let's move on.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 21:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
OG..leo? u have to be kinding, seriously

hes consistently one of our best most regular players every single game

tonight he was crap as everyone else
Where was he when Quaresma scored? He was at midfield! He plays well against the likes of Pacos Ferreira and Nacional, but he's crap against the big clubs. He was one of the worst on the pitch today and the main reason we couldn't get anything going on the left which was vital because we weren't going anywhere on the right with Luis Felipe and Maxi. We bought Miguelito and we have let him rot on the bench. Our management and front desk are so ****ing stupid when buying players.

Quim, Di Maria and Adu weren't crap. Cardozo didn't do so bad either. Nuno Gomes should have scored twice tonight.

O GLORIOSO

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 22:02
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

you were actually able to single out anyone as being " one of the worst" tonight?

lucky u, i cant, they were all so below average

as for the likes of paços, its against those that we win or lose the league title

miguelito was pathetic everytime he played for us. wanst given many chances true, but chances enough to show at least the proper attitude, and not even that he was able to

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 22:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Yes, I was able to. It was easy to point out Di Maria and Adu because they came in late. Well when your attack is solely based on running the flanks, you know where the problem is. It's also not so difficult to see that almost every has a horrible first touch. I don't mind Leo when he plays well against those teams, but this was a very vital match and he completely flopped against Quaresma and everyone that ran on that side. Fortunately for him, almost no one played well. This game would have cut the lead to 1 point and now we're back to 7 points. He can go **** himself.

I'm very angry right now as you can see. How can these blokes play like this with such great fans as ourselves. I always kept my head held high and rooted these assholes when they're even down 3-0. However, enough is enough, they need to start giving something back to the fans. I guess they figured one league title some odd years ago is enough.

O GLORIOSO

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 22:25
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

so i ask u again....how can u single out leo in a game where everyone played bad? at most one can disregard the late comers, but the rest?

again, how can u say that a player that is one of the few in our team that can actually play well on a regular basis, not to mention, one of the few who actually puts an effort on a regular basis, how can u say he has no place in the team?

this team has been pathetic in way too many games already, both for attitude ( lack of effort and or confidence) and also for the lack of organization they display on the field

camacho has responsabilities on this, and if it was santos, for example , people would be demanding for his head ages ago

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 22:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
so i ask u again....how can u single out leo in a game where everyone played bad? at most one can disregard the late comers, but the rest?

again, how can u say that a player that is one of the few in our team that can actually play well on a regular basis, not to mention, one of the few who actually puts an effort on a regular basis, how can u say he has no place in the team?

this team has been pathetic in way too many games already, both for attitude ( lack of effort and or confidence) and also for the lack of organization they display on the field

camacho has responsabilities on this, and if it was santos, for example , people would be demanding for his head ages ago
I singled out Leo because I felt he made far too many mistakes. I really think he doesn't belong on this team, because he's shown we can't rely on him for these matches and it's not like he's going to get better, he's already in his 30s. I'm just tired of everyone's crap, Leo just pissed me off more than anyone.

O GLORIOSO

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2007, 23:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

:thmbdown:

What a disgraceful first half!

Killa is right,we suck!

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 00:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

We definitely do.

Ana, can you go ask Nuno Gomes if he wants to play the game anymore?

O GLORIOSO

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 00:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Three Porto supporters were arrested for throwing stones at Benfica fans outside the stadium, news agency Lusa reported.

O GLORIOSO

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
We definitely do.

Ana, can you go ask Nuno Gomes if he wants to play the game anymore?

Nuno gomes made the incredible achievement of being Benfica worst player yesterday ahead of Luis Filipe.:rollani:

Russian women

World volley champio
World handball champion
European basket champion
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:06
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

OG, u know my opinion on Nuno

im glad those idiots were arrested, hope they get accused

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
I am very confident..we will win against that overated crap tripeira team!

I would even change my lovely avatar for Porto one if they won today.

3-1 or 4-1!

I'm waiting...

You had alot of shit talking to do in the Futebol Clube do Porto forum, and now you're nowhere to be seen. Put the Porto avatar on and eat your crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
We dominated the entire second half of play and Porto didn't mind at all to play counter-attacking football. We had hand-ball calls that weren't made and even a penalty which was very legit because Fucile fell on Di Maria's leg. However, the way we finished this match was so disgusting that we didn't deserve to win.
Porto absolutely played Benfica off the park in the first 45 minutes.

You want to talk clear penalties... David Luiz was literally bearhugging Lisandro Lopez and tackled him to the ground on a free-kick. That was the most "clear" penalty of the game.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua

I'm waiting...

You had alot of shit talking to do in the Futebol Clube do Porto forum, and now you're nowhere to be seen. Put the Porto avatar on and eat your crow.

Porto absolutely played Benfica off the park in the first 45 minutes.

You want to talk clear penalties... David Luiz was literally bearhugging Lisandro Lopez and tackled him to the ground on a free-kick. That was the most "clear" penalty of the game.
First off, if you decide to start something in here, expect a report. So keep it clean.

Yea just completely disregard what I wrote and talk about crimes against Porto. I said my bit about Porto and how they deserved to win.

O GLORIOSO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in