the new stadium is crap - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2007, 17:21 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 49
the new stadium is crap


as an ex-benfica fan (before it became a burgois corporation who sold its soul for the highest bidder) i would love to know what does this new pre fabricated shack has that the REAL CATHEDRAL didnt, had it been renewed to have covered seats. anyone care to explain?

a) the new stadium is alot smaller, its an emirates clone and it doesnt impress anyone

b)the new stadium cost more than renewing the old one

c)expresso wrote some time ago that the maintainance costs for the new "cathedral" had been underestimated and were actually superior to the old one

all in all, benfiquistas were suckered into making a stupid decision that ultimatly was against the club's best interests and they demolished a national monument. im sure some one benefited from this. as in the bandits who ran it then and some who run it now.
thats the good ol' portuguese mentality "if the others have one i must have one too!"

even from the suposedly "against modern football" ultras there was not a single word against it. shame shame. maybe when they rename it to CASINO DE LISBOA STADIUM people will wake up

and most people just say to me" oh let it go its been 5 years or something"
i had just started paying more attenbtion to football when benfica was at the lowest point of its history. but there was still something there. truth is i just cant care about this club anymore. not while its run like this, not while its run by these kind of people. give me vale e azevedo anytime. take all the boats you want you bald schmuck
el cachola is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2007, 00:11
Administrators
Xtratime Legend
 
Inácio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 24,633
"ex" fan......and on top of it vale e azevedo supporter....no comment really

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Inácio is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2007, 14:15 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 49
no comment? cmon. justify this. why was it built? why does benfica hold a world record debt?
el cachola is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2007, 14:54
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Do you have all of the numbers? now vs then?
killa is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2007, 00:59
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Pila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Location: Noo Joisy!
Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Posts: 32,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cachola

as an ex-benfica fan (before it became a burgois corporation who sold its soul for the highest bidder) i would love to know what does this new pre fabricated shack has that the REAL CATHEDRAL didnt, had it been renewed to have covered seats. anyone care to explain?

a) the new stadium is alot smaller, its an emirates clone and it doesnt impress anyone

b)the new stadium cost more than renewing the old one

c)expresso wrote some time ago that the maintainance costs for the new "cathedral" had been underestimated and were actually superior to the old one

all in all, benfiquistas were suckered into making a stupid decision that ultimatly was against the club's best interests and they demolished a national monument. im sure some one benefited from this. as in the bandits who ran it then and some who run it now.
thats the good ol' portuguese mentality "if the others have one i must have one too!"

even from the suposedly "against modern football" ultras there was not a single word against it. shame shame. maybe when they rename it to CASINO DE LISBOA STADIUM people will wake up

and most people just say to me" oh let it go its been 5 years or something"
i had just started paying more attenbtion to football when benfica was at the lowest point of its history. but there was still something there. truth is i just cant care about this club anymore. not while its run like this, not while its run by these kind of people. give me vale e azevedo anytime. take all the boats you want you bald schmuck
The old stadium was merely a concrete monstrosity - It's the 21st century, pal - Stadiums don't need 90K capacity, they need 65K good seats. And Benfica doesn't need fairweather fans either - go root for Porto, they can use a few fans. I'm no LFV fan, but I ain't selling my shirt over some mustache I don't like either.

Good riddance, ex fan.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
Pila is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2007, 17:41 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
Do you have all of the numbers? now vs then?
they are public. 360 million debt. said by the big ears himself.
when vilavinho he acused the other presidents of leaving a HORRIBLE 120 million. i can fetch the article its on the internet. but again vieira talks really nice and benfiquistas will buy anything he says. just like they did with vale when he was in charge. and so on... bla bla bla the finances are great BENFICA BIGGEST IN THE WORLD YES! and the suckers just clap their hands. they dont ask for details or reports, nothing, its just one big party


pila, did you actually go to the old stadium? tell me one thing that this has that is better, just one. keep in mind there were going to be renovations in the other anyway. ohhh its the XXI century. more of the same cliches as usual. when it coems down to it people just like shinny new things. stupid.

as for fairweather fan, whatever. im never suporting sporting or porto or nothing like that thats just un natural. but unconditional support is for suckers. unconditional support is letting those in charge do whatever they want and then sucking it up. you shouldnt be proud ofr it

Last edited by el cachola; April 8th, 2007 at 17:54.
el cachola is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2007, 01:08
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Pila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Location: Noo Joisy!
Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Posts: 32,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cachola
they are public. 360 million debt. said by the big ears himself.
when vilavinho he acused the other presidents of leaving a HORRIBLE 120 million. i can fetch the article its on the internet. but again vieira talks really nice and benfiquistas will buy anything he says. just like they did with vale when he was in charge. and so on... bla bla bla the finances are great BENFICA BIGGEST IN THE WORLD YES! and the suckers just clap their hands. they dont ask for details or reports, nothing, its just one big party


pila, did you actually go to the old stadium? tell me one thing that this has that is better, just one. keep in mind there were going to be renovations in the other anyway. ohhh its the XXI century. more of the same cliches as usual. when it coems down to it people just like shinny new things. stupid.

as for fairweather fan, whatever. im never suporting sporting or porto or nothing like that thats just un natural. but unconditional support is for suckers. unconditional support is letting those in charge do whatever they want and then sucking it up. you shouldnt be proud ofr it
Finances is not your strong suit (though that seems to go without saying for all Vale e Azevedo fans. Fuzzy math was chronic for him and his supporters), among other many other things. Debt is meaningless when you have an empire second to very few in cash flow - just ask Real Madrid. The Benfica name on its own is an asset worth that debt twenty fold. Learn, stupid.

Fans aren't suckers. Fairweather fans, however, find reasons to excuse themselves of the emotional support it takes to vest in your team. That's because they're yellow-bellied pussies. You'd make a great Sportinguista.

As for the old Cathedral, I was there when we packed 120K fans to watch us lose to Liverpool 2-1. I was there for the last game Bento, Nene and Chalana played in our grounds. I watched countless games at the old Cathedral. It was nice in the 70s, but nothing but a huge, outdated, concrete montrosity with poor seating, poor exit/entry ways, poorly designed to promote family attendance and no corporate boxes - quinssential in todays world - in our modern world. Renovating that thing would have fallen short of all that the new modern stadium offers. You may not like it, but the 21st century demands if we're to stay competitive. The new Luz provides for all that, and manages to look cool in the process. Every Benfica worthy of such name is proud of our new cathedral. I love every bit of it.

Have a good day, sir (troca casacos).

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg

Last edited by Pila; April 9th, 2007 at 01:15.
Pila is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2007, 14:03 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 49

you actually pretend to comprehend the situation. thats... funny.

mistake n#1: im not a vale supporter. used to be. but since then i realized he was a creep. i grew up quite a bit too.that said he was not as big a creep as his sucesors
Quote:
The Benfica name on its own is an asset worth that debt twenty fold.
have any more cliches you wanna throw at me? i can listem to all of them all day long. im bullshit proof baby. and thats bullshit your spouting. recicled luis filipe vieira bable. you sound like a vieira clone actually. WITH US OR AGAINST US. GO SUPPORT SPORTING IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YEAH

you wanna talk cashflow when the SAD consistently has either negative or marginal positive results. lol debt is meaningless? lets ask dortmund who pack their old school stadium every week and have one third of benfica's debt. oops, no they are in trouble.

and to think it was one called the people's club. ohh corporate boxes. and familys watching the games while they eat red and white ice cream. and simao sabrosa action figures yeah! your lucky pinto da costa didnt win euromilhoes or else you'd see the PINTO DA COSTA STAND
enjoy your little generic corporate club. and you little generic corporate stadium. me? im not a glory hunter. i started supporting the club when all they won was disapointments os i dont need to justify myself.

congratulations on going to those old games anyway. i envy you for that. but your benfica is already gone and you didnt even notice

Last edited by el cachola; April 9th, 2007 at 14:18.
el cachola is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2007, 15:00
Rising Star
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Portugal
Teams: SL Benfica
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cachola
i started supporting the club when all they won was disapointments os i dont need to justify myself.

congratulations on going to those old games anyway. i envy you for that. but your benfica is already gone and you didnt even notice
If you started supporting Benfica when all WE won was disappointments, then you have no idea what Benfica is about and it's time for you to shut up.

You grew up in the 90s, arguably our worst time in history, yet you think you know the club and what it is all about, claiming that it is no more even when you've seen nothing better.

Do us a favour. If you're going to make the decision of coming to Benfica's forum and playing the "ex-fan act", at least do it right. Entertain us.

Right now, you've just making a fool out of yourself.
Gein is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome