UEFA Cup 06/07 - 1/16 draw - SL Benfica vs Dinamo Bucareste
Luck has said that we will play Dinamo Bucareste in the UEFA Cup. First leg on the 14th or 15th of February at home. Second leg a week later, on the 22nd in Bucharest.
Could be worst, I guess, but they're definitely tricky.
If we make it through, we'll face the winner of the AEK - PSG round (on the 8th and 15th of March).
Some info on Dinamo and our performances against romanian teams:
- they lead their league by a wide margin.
- we have faced them only once, in 1999. We lost at home 1-0 but beat them away 0-2 and went through.
- that was the only defeat against a romanian team. We have played 8 games against them. 3 wins and 4 draws.
- the other games were against Steaua in 1987/88, European Champions Cup semi-finals, with a 0-0 in Bucarest and 2-0 at home. Lost that final on penaltys, against PSV.
- again, against Steaua in the Champions League group stage of 94/95, a win 2-1 at home and a draw 1-1 away.
- finally, Universidade Craiova, UEFA Cup semi-finals, 0-0 at home and 1-1 away. We lost that final too, against Anderlech.
Last edited by Gein; December 15th, 2006 at 17:42.