Official UEFA CL Group Stage: Manchester United v SL Benfica Thread (Do or Die) - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2006, 04:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
O Glorioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Location: New York
Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Posts: 13,074
Blog Entries: 3
Official UEFA CL Group Stage: Manchester United v SL Benfica Thread (Do or Die)

Once again...it's deja vu. Benfica managed to knock United out of the CL last season on the final match day. Now we're faced with the same scenario with only a win sending us to the second round; however, this time we're playing in England. Our boys are coming off a 2-0 victory over city and league rivals Sporting and will look to ride this high into England. Hopefully, we will celebrate as we did last season, but one thing is for sure; we're in for yet another classical match up between two of Europe's old guns.

FORCA BENFICA!

O GLORIOSO



O Glorioso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2006, 22:49
World Class Player
 
Bier's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Leipzig
Posts: 8,178
Do! Again! Força Benfica! With the form we had against Sporting, our defence and Quim being massive again everything is possible! Anda Benfica! Que façam nos orgulhosos, os rapazes!
Bier is offline  
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 00:20
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
I'd be happy if we do exactly what they did in Lisbon, that is play like shit and win
killa is offline  
 
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 00:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier
Do! Again! Força Benfica! With the form we had against Sporting, our defence and Quim being massive again everything is possible! Anda Benfica! Que façam nos orgulhosos, os rapazes!
We have to forget Sporting,as they show today they don't belong to the european football...we must play 10 times better especialy in the midfield today against Man Unt.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 00:47
Star Player
 
benfiquista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Barcelona
Teams: Benfica
Posts: 3,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
I'd be happy if we do exactly what they did in Lisbon, that is play like shit and win
We're more of the type play well and lose. Anyway, i hope we do a Liverpool like last season.

ANDA BENFICA!

benfiquista is offline  
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 02:20
Star Player
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Posts: 3,808
Good luck
Greek_Goona is offline  
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 02:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
We have to forget Sporting,as they show today they don't belong to the european football...we must play 10 times better especialy in the midfield today against Man Unt.
Nice one kleber. Try to remember those words next time that you ask me why don't I support Benfica or Porto when they play in Europe.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 05:47
Flo
Legend
 
Flo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2002
Location: California
Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Posts: 14,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Nice one kleber. Try to remember those words next time that you ask me why don't I support Benfica or Porto when they play in Europe.
Why? Cause he spoke the obvious and the truth hurts.

Despite your sorry ass, I still supported Sporting today regardless. In Europe, it only helps Portuguese Football for all the teams to do well. Yet, you and your green colored glasses can't see past that. For most of the continent it's like that. Fans like you are very few and far between.

With that said, I wish Porto the best of luck against Arsenal tomorrow. And may O Glorioso pull out the miracle of a lifetime. Tis the season for miracles to happen but for the good of the club, Portuguese Football, and all other stakeholders may we be victorious.

Forca Benfica!!!
Flo is offline  
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 05:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
O Glorioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Location: New York
Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Posts: 13,074
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
And may O Glorioso pull out the miracle of a lifetime.
I'll do my best

O GLORIOSO



O Glorioso is offline  
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 10:37
International
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Posts: 7,017
All i have to say is...

FORCA BENFICA!
King_Henrik is offline  
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 11:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Why? Cause he spoke the obvious and the truth hurts.

Despite your sorry ass, I still supported Sporting today regardless. In Europe, it only helps Portuguese Football for all the teams to do well. Yet, you and your green colored glasses can't see past that. For most of the continent it's like that. Fans like you are very few and far between.
Thanks for your magnanimous support, I'll do the same tonight concerning your club and Porto.

What I fail to see on this one is how supporting my own team and defending it against those that want to make it smaller than what it is in reality can be seen as "the truth" or reality seen through "green coloured glasses".

I've said it before inumerous times in this community and I have no problem in repeating it again so that you and all the supporters of your team that post regularly in this website can realise it: I respect Benfica and as a Portuguese I am proud of what your club, as well as Porto, did for our football outside of Portugal. The only thing that I demand from you is the same: respect. Is that so hard to understand?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 14:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Nice one kleber. Try to remember those words next time that you ask me why don't I support Benfica or Porto when they play in Europe.
Nice,finaly you admit that you don't support Benfica in the european cups.

Anyway i didn't say nothing wrong,only the truth,we need to play much better then in Friday game to stand a chance.

I am in good mood and confident,we will give a fight to Man Unt that is for sure,is 60-40 in my opinion,of course i don't deny that the fact the draw is enough for Man Unt is a big factor here.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 14:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Thanks for your magnanimous support, I'll do the same tonight concerning your club and Porto.

What I fail to see on this one is how supporting my own team and defending it against those that want to make it smaller than what it is in reality can be seen as "the truth" or reality seen through "green coloured glasses".

I've said it before inumerous times in this community and I have no problem in repeating it again so that you and all the supporters of your team that post regularly in this website can realise it: I respect Benfica and as a Portuguese I am proud of what your club, as well as Porto, did for our football outside of Portugal. The only thing that I demand from you is the same: respect. Is that so hard to understand?
Filipe did you notice what some Sporting fans are saying about the team,coach,president after yesterday game?people who even went to the stadium?!

Sporting have a lot of problems,don't deny it.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 14:23
Star Player
 
benfiquista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2003
Location: Barcelona
Teams: Benfica
Posts: 3,362
Who cares about Sporting? This is a MUnited vs Benfica thread ffs.
benfiquista is offline  
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 14:26
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Dirty Jursee
Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Thanks for your magnanimous support, I'll do the same tonight concerning your club and Porto.

What I fail to see on this one is how supporting my own team and defending it against those that want to make it smaller than what it is in reality can be seen as "the truth" or reality seen through "green coloured glasses".

I've said it before inumerous times in this community and I have no problem in repeating it again so that you and all the supporters of your team that post regularly in this website can realise it: I respect Benfica and as a Portuguese I am proud of what your club, as well as Porto, did for our football outside of Portugal. The only thing that I demand from you is the same: respect. Is that so hard to understand?
You've come across as a straight dick in the past, however i do not see anything wrong with you supporting your team. If it matters i support Sporting in Euro competitions as well , but you have to see how you can come across as a dick at times.
killa is offline  
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 17:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Filipe Reis's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Posts: 36,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
You've come across as a straight dick in the past, however i do not see anything wrong with you supporting your team. If it matters i support Sporting in Euro competitions as well , but you have to see how you can come across as a dick at times.
It happens to all of us, nobody is immune to it.

I agree that Sporting has nothing to do with this thread but you should tell that to your russian doll.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
Filipe Reis is offline  
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 18:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend
 
O Glorioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Location: New York
Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Posts: 13,074
Blog Entries: 3
Alright, everyone do me a favor and cut out this rival bullshit at least for one day. We all have to be on the same page today, I don't think anyone wants to see 0 Portuguese clubs left in the UCL.

O GLORIOSO



O Glorioso is offline  
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 18:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Alright, everyone do me a favor and cut out this rival bullshit at least for one day. We all have to be on the same page today, I don't think anyone wants to see 0 Portuguese clubs left in the UCL.
Benfica will go trough.:smileani:

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 19:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Line up as expected.

Good luck Benfica!

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 19:11
Xtratime Legend
 
Yatta's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Teams: Manchester United
Posts: 33,200
Man Utd: Van der Sar - Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs - Saha, Rooney

Benfica: Quim - Nelson, Luisao, Rocha, Leo - Katsouranis, Petit, Simao, Nuno Assis - Nuno Gomes, Miccoli
Yatta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome