LFV has a rival for presidency - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2006, 15:34 Thread Starter
World Class Player

LFV has a rival for presidency

Taken from www.record.pt :

Carrlos Alberto Quaresma oficializou hoje a sua candidatura à presidência do Benfica, com a entrega de uma lista de 365 assinaturas. As críticas a Vieira foram muitas.

"O senhor Luís Filipe Vieira fala dos árbitros, mas ele está tão corrupto como eles", afirmou à Agência Lusa Carlos Quaresma, sem esclarecer as acusações, continuando a "disparar" contra a actual direcção do Benfica.

Carlos Quaresma, português radicado na Suécia, lamentou o regresso de Manuel Vilarinho, antecessor de Luís Filipe Vieira na presidência do clube, que foi convidado agora para ocupar o lugar de presidente da Mesa da Assembleia-Geral.

"Com a vinda de Vilarinho, e com Veiga e Vieira, continua tudo a mesma salada. Isto tem que mudar, não sou eu que mudo, mas os sócios", frisou Quaresma, que se torna assim o segundo candidato às eleições, marcadas para 27 de Outubro, depois de Luís Filipe Vieira ter anunciado há duas semanas a recandidatura ao cargo.

Outro dos pontos focados por Quaresma para desacreditar a imagem de Luís Filipe Viera foi recordar aquilo que considera os avanços e recuos no discurso do actual presidente.

"Ele afirmou muitas vezes que não se candidatava se não vendesse os cativos e os kits de sócio, mas afinal é tudo uma grande história. Ele é um bom artista de teatro. Nós benfiquistas é que temos de ver", justificou.

A ideia da candidatura de Quaresma à presidência do clube "encarnado" surgiu há muitos anos, conforme o próprio confidenciou, acrescentando que chegou o dia para formalizar um sonho antigo.

"Luís Filipe Vieira não é o salvador da pátria. A minha intenção é devolver o clube aos sócios", disse Carlos Quaresma, prometendo que o seu treinador será o sueco Sven Goran Eriksson, ex-seleccionador inglês e antigo treinador das "águias".

Data: Quarta-feira, 4 Outubro de 2006 - 13:39

---

So what do you lads think about this? I will wait for LFV's as usual polemic response, before drawing my decision upon this.. The guy has a point in sayin LFV is theatralic but yet he has led the club back to success as well, and therefor I am actually prepared to stand any polemic president.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2006, 23:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
The question is,how much money has this guy to put in benfica?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2006, 15:32
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier
---

So what do you lads think about this? I will wait for LFV's as usual polemic response, before drawing my decision upon this.. The guy has a point in sayin LFV is theatralic but yet he has led the club back to success as well, and therefor I am actually prepared to stand any polemic president.
Vilarinho is the one that pulled Benfica out of the dumps. He was smart enough to know when his uselfulness to the team had come to an end and graceously stepped aside to let someone who was more futebol savy take over. Unfortunately, this Philip isn't as honorable. Polemic, schmelic - his usefulness to the team has run out. Time for new blood, to shake the team of the hands of self-interest that have developed undr this administration. I don't know if this guy is the one, but I'm willing to see what he's got. If he fails, we boot him out next. But Philip and Vegan gotta go.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 01:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Updated: Oct. 5, 2006
Benfica candidate vows to bring back Sven

LISBON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Carlos Quaresma, a candidate standing for president of Benfica, has promised to bring back former England coach Sven Goran Eriksson if elected, Portuguese newspapers reported on Thursday.

Quaresma, a businessman who lives in Sweden, is an outsider in the Oct. 27 election, however, with current president Luis Filipe Vieira, favourite to win another term.

Eriksson's agent said the Swede had had no contact with Quaresma.

Quaresma was quoted by sports daily O Jogo as saying: 'I have a well defined plan which will include management with a Nordic mentality, bringing back Eriksson.'

Eriksson, who left the England job in July after the team's disappointing quarter-final World Cup showing, has coached Benfica twice before.

In 1982-84 he steered Benfica to two Portuguese titles and a Cup. In 1989 he returned to Benfica from Italy and guided them to another title in 1991 and the 1990 European Cup final, which they lost to AC Milan.

The Lisbon side are currently coached by Fernando Santos.

Eriksson's agent Athole Still was quoted in Britain as saying the Swede was constantly being linked with jobs around the world.

'Sven and I have had absolutely no contact at all with him (Quaresma),' Skysports quoted him as saying on Thursday.

'All I have heard about this is what I have read in today's papers...Sven could return to football next week, you never know. At the moment we are not holding discussions with any clubs but Sven is happy to bide his time and wait for the right job.'

O GLORIOSO

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 15:06
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Neither Sporting nor Porto people like LFV. That's good enough for me to want him to stay.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 15:54
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
Neither Sporting nor Porto people like LFV. That's good enough for me to want him to stay.
Not a good enough measuring stick, as I suspect the dislike is something more to do with nature, kinda like snakes and birds, elephants and lions, dogs and cats, or soap and portistas, etc. It's instinctual hatred. Thus, it shouldn't take long for the same animosity to grow with a new administration, should there be a new administration.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 17:42
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila
Not a good enough measuring stick, as I suspect the dislike is something more to do with nature, kinda like snakes and birds, elephants and lions, dogs and cats, or soap and portistas, etc. It's instinctual hatred. Thus, it shouldn't take long for the same animosity to grow with a new administration, should there be a new administration.
Sure, but let's not forget how bad of a financial situation Benfica was in before Vilavinho got there. LFV has been doing a pretty good job so far. If this guys comes in with tons of cash then why doesn't he invest it in Benfica anyway?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 21:00
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa
Sure, but let's not forget how bad of a financial situation Benfica was in before Vilavinho got there. LFV has been doing a pretty good job so far. If this guys comes in with tons of cash then why doesn't he invest it in Benfica anyway?
I've given Vialrinho props for that. All I'm saying is the fact that the Sporting and Porto brass don't like Philip and company that ain't no real reason to have them re-elected.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 21:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
I agree with Pila here. Who really gives what they care and for all we know it could just a be a front :dielaugh: .

O GLORIOSO

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2006, 15:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
an interesting article that might help your 10.210.653 members to decide on their vote...

http://www.sportugal.pt/noticia.php?noticiaID=8585

btw, I really want LFV and Beiguinha to win...with all my heart.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 15:06
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
an interesting article that might help your 10.210.653 members to decide on their vote...

http://www.sportugal.pt/noticia.php?noticiaID=8585

btw, I really want LFV and Beiguinha to win...with all my heart.
I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in