Simao to Chelsea! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 11:45 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Simao to Chelsea!

Jose hoping to snare Simao
By Francisco Acedo -* Created on 16 May 2006

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has admitted that he is hoping to bring Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa to Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese international has long been a target for Liverpool who came close to snaring him last summer.

That deal ultimately failed to materialise as the two clubs were unable to agree a fee, but that is unlikely to be a stumbling block for the Premiership champions.

Mourinho is looking to freshen up his title-winning squad and began the process by unveiling Michael Ballack on Monday.

Simao could be the next arrival with the Blues coach revealing he is preparing to offload one of the four attacking wide-men (Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Damien Duff) already on the books at Stamford Bridge.

"Simao has the quality to play for Chelsea," Mourinho stated at the Portuguese Sports Press Association awards ceremony on Monday evening where he picked up the Portuguese coach of the year award.

"We have four fantastic players in that position, but one will leave this summer.

"Simao could arrive but we are still in negotiations with Benfica."

Mourinho could make it a double swoop on Benfica having also revealed he is in the market for an experienced third-choice goalkeeper.

Having dismissed the possibility of moving for either Ricardo (Sporting Lisbon) or Vitor Baia (Porto), he left the door open to Quim who is the current number one at Estadio da Luz.

Joaquim Manuel Sampaio Silva, or Quim as he is better known, has been at Benfica*since the summer of 2004 and would seem to fit the bill for Mourinho who said: "We will get an experienced goalkeeper - someone who has already been there and done it and who will be calm when called upon."
--------------------

Please let this happen. :dielaugh:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 12:12
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Red, there is a rumours thread stuck on the top of the page

anyways, that's just another rumour, so far Simão has been linked with pretty much every top english club

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 12:27
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
That's not what he said. The people who write this claim to be journalists?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 15:57
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bed
Having dismissed the possibility of moving for either Ricardo (Sporting Lisbon) or Vitor Baia (Porto), he left the door open to Quim who is the current number one at Estadio da Luz.
So much to the insider-information this article obviously claiming to offer, Quim has been far from being first choice since winter at least and beforewards until Moreira got injured. This article is hot steam no more and not necessarily no less. Lousy journalism

Agora năo, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 22:30
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
Relax folks. The reporter doesn't need to all fo the ins and outs on Benfica or Portuguese football, all he needs is a reliable source to print this rumor. I don't know if this story holds water, but bad filler information on who is Benfica's current keeper doesn't break it.

“Despite popular belief, golf is not a waste of time.”
-Opening remark in Goofy's "How to Play Golf"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 02:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Simao won't allow Benfica to deal him to Chelsea after seeing what they did to SWP. I wouldn't be surprised if Quim left though, I'm sure he might be pretty frustrated after this past season.

O GLORIOSO

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 11:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
WHy edit my topic title?

You let people call United phuckin Manure all the time.

Where is the consistency?!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 16:19
World Class Player

Quote:
WHy edit my topic title?
The Benfica-forum is not the appropriate place for insults resulting of inner-brittish rivalry, given we are a portuguese clubs and proud of, despite having eliminated ManU and Liverpool in CL this season, our good relationships to english clubs and their supporters, regardless of which specific one. We are not keen in having a ManU-Chelsea-flamewar in here because somebody felt offended by a thread-title. You lads've got your places for that.

Quote:
You let people call United phuckin Manure all the time.
It's true that we are not nitpicking in here and within the threads and rather tend to allow the one or the other teasing taking place, but not so when it comes to thread-titles. I can assure you that I for one would edit any thread title offending Manchester United the same in this very forum.
So it's nothing personal you see, please accept my decision to keep it polite in the title at least

Agora năo, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in