Round 29 Belenenses - Benfica - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 11:31 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Round 29 Belenenses - Benfica

The match will be played in Restelo-stadium in Lisbon's marvelous district Belém. Whenever I personally don't cheer for Belenenses it has to be because they meet Benfica or Barça. So they do tonight when meeting the reigning champion in their bid to repeat the trick. It's only seven point, if we can win them all from here, well ...

Here's my line-up:

GK Quim ( I stick to it)

RB Ricardo Rocha (did quite a decent job last term to say the least)
DC Luisão
DC Anderson
LB Léo

DM Petit

RW Simão
MC Karagounis
LW Robert

FC Miccoli
SC Mantorras

BTW: João Coimbra is in the squad, reminds me of João Pereira's great debut against Belenenses back in 2003 in Jamor. He came in and had a hell of a game and well even scored.

VIVA BENFICA!

Agora não, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 11:46
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
i like ur line-up bier :thmbup:

i think we can risk ( and maybe should risk) playing mantorras from the start, to see how it goes...although i would rather start nuno gomes,and leave dynamite miccoli for the 2nd half

karagounis for manuel is not bad idea either, manuel we know we can count on, and its good idea to give karagounis another chance to prove he can ( or can not) make an impact when he is in the starting line-up

also, i would play manduca instead of robert...

btw, i got an invitation for the game

so after having a couple pasteis de belem for tea, i hope to see our team having them for dinner

BENFICAAAA!!!!!!!!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 15:02 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
so after having a couple pasteis de belem for tea, i hope to see our team having them for dinner
Oh, don't make me jealous, my dear, there's no pasteis for me over here in sticky Germany nor the chance to make my way up the hill to Restelo in order to see our team having Belenenses for dinner. Oh, if I was still in Lisbon I'd have an entire day off to stick around and waste my time in the beautiful district of Belém and wait for the match in the evening.
It's always that certain derby that gives me the most saudade. :undecide:

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 15:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
O Inacio,agora fico a espera que tu compres um telemovel de terceira geraçao e tires umas fotografias para a gente ver..... p
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 15:11 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
O Inacio,agora fico a espera que tu compres um telemovel de terceira geraçao e tires umas fotografias para a gente ver..... p
Tenho que concordar aí. fico a espera disso mesmo! :thmbup:

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 15:53
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

ill see if i can get a close shot of couceiro eating his hat in desperation

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 16:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
ill see if i can get a close shot of couceiro eating his hat in desperation

I just hope that we dont lose any points today against a team who is coach by Couceiro....

Also Braga win yesterday,so we realy need to win this one.....
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 20:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

1-0 to Belenenses...first shot and goal....
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 20:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

1-1!!!!!!!,great goal by Miccoli!!!!!!,well played by Beto!
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 20:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Great goal by Karagounis,2-1!!!!!!!!!!,31 min.....
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:11
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

gosh, what a tough game

we played crap and...was it really miccoli who scored?

I ( and everyone around me) thought it was actually beto...im glad to know it was miccoli, our best player tonight, impressive game

we were really poor tonight, never really owned the game, and either looked too nervous ( specially in the beginning of the 1st half), or else looked " absent" and already thinking about the CL 2nd leg ( most of the 2nd time).

belenenses 1st goal came after a childish loss of ball from karagounis, who i must say had a terrible game. If it wasnt for scoring the 2nd goal, i would say we were playing with one player less all game long.
I guess it showed that we cant count on him to start a game unfortunately.

between the 1st goal and till the break, we had our best moment imo. Looked more secure and created a couple chances...not many, coz the game was poor in goal opportunities.

the 2nd half was bad, poorly played by both teams, very confusing, and the referee didnt help....people called for penalty, from both teams, but tbh, it didnt seem like it was penalty to me, in neither occasions. Still the ref was stopping the game constantly.

leo almost scored an amazing goal ( hit the bar), and was imo, our 2nd best player tonight ( nothing we are not used to by now :thmbup.

beto was decent during the 1st half, terrible in the 2nd..petit was not our petit, luisao missed a lot of balls, but was able to hold the high ones, simao should not have played the ENTIRE game on the right, with manduca on the left...once more koeman proved how clueless he is by failing to "read" something so simple, so when it was obvious that our wings never really worked tonight.

geovanni didnt come in well, nuno had to leave to early and in pain...was it very serious?

oh well....we got the result though, the most important in the end

ill upload some pics, all from before the game though, becoz once the ball started to role, i got too stressed to worry with the camera

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:33
Rising Star

I disagree on a few points. I think Geovanni did very well. Slowed the game down. Manduca was the one that did terribly. Always looked out of the game.

I didn't mind seeing Simão on the right. You have to realize that Rocha adds almost nothing to out attack, and Simão can defend a lot better than Robert or Geo. I think Koeman was testing the waters for wednesday.

Too bad about Nuno Gomes. Could have scored if he was faster, and ended up injured. Didn't look like it was too serious though, since he managed to walk to the bench.

Miccoli was great, Léo was great aswell, Moretto did good, and Anderson was once again terrible.

With Nuno out of the Barcelona match, I expect to see Simão, Miccoli and Geo upfront, with Beto, Petit and Manuel Fernandes in the back. Let's have faith.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:40
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i agree about simao being better than geo or robert on the wing, naturally, but he is even better on the left, and he can do so well with leo...and we missed those combinations tonight...also, manduca , imo, plays much better on the right...and since the combinations with leo werent working ( and were not that good between simao and rocha either), i would definetly have switched them

and we didnt....not even once

its bad enough that nuno is out for the barça game i hope he can be fit for the league at least, we need him

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
I didn't watch nor listen to the game but heard the post-match comments on the radio and they said the ref was terrible and missed 4 penatly calls :eekani:

one in Belenenses box and 3 in yours...any comments?

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 03:16
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

in ours, maybe over simao, and over nuno? and both, didnt look like penalties to me..maybe nuno's, coz he was indeed hit...but i wasnt close enough from that net to be sure it was a penalty or not, and didnt see highlights

in belenenenes' ...3?

my only comment is...they must have been drunk

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 03:21
Rising Star

Regarding the 3 penaltys in our box. One is Manducas handball, or so they call it. To me it looked shoulder more than arm, but the only angle the TV showed was far away.
Another one happened between Petit and Zé Pedro. In my opinion, Petit touchs the ball first, but it's a difficult call. So you have an idea of how difficult, Zé Pedro had this to say in the Flash-Interview:

V: O que achou daqueles dois lances na área do Benfica?

JP: Creio que um deles, é seguramente penalty, porque me parece que o toque de Manduca foi com o braço e por isso era penalty.

TV: "E o outro lance?"

JP: "Qual lance, não me recordo..."

TV: "O da entrada do Petit!"

JP: "Sinceramente não me recordo..."

The third one I have no idea what it might be.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 05:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
I didn't watch nor listen to the game but heard the post-match comments on the radio and they said the ref was terrible and missed 4 penatly calls :eekani:

one in Belenenses box and 3 in yours...any comments?
My only comment is that today there was two penalties in Sporting box!!!! ,and everyone agrees on that,Caneira handball,and Polga fault.....

There is a penalty in favour of Belenenses,the useless Manduca handball....

Our second half was terrible...... :thmbdown:
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
It's very interesting to see the way three different Benfica posters reacted to my question on the penalties...

The first, apparently, watched the game live but, unbiased as usual, only seemed to have eyes to what was happening in one half of the stadium...for you I guess it would be better if Benfica would start playing only against your B-team because I think that would be the only way you could start taking a look at what the other team does.

The second was the more neutral one and seemed to be honest in his opinions...thanks for that.

The third...well...the third is the usual thing...one asks a question about what happened in their game and he answers with a pearl like this...

(...) My only comment is that today there was two penalties in Sporting box!!!! ,and everyone agrees on that,Caneira handball,and Polga fault..... (...)

...everyone agrees on that...
everyone in your red tasca you mean?
gimme a break and be serious for once mate!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:58
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

olha filipe, cura-te

i said i didnt see ANY penalties on either side, becoz i wasnt close enough, so stop looking for things to get grumpy about

also next time read my comments on the game, and spare yourself the embarassement

ps: actually, yesterday was fools day...most likely those radio guys were broadcasting their yearly "official" prank

Last edited by Inácio; April 2nd, 2006 at 13:17.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 13:55
Premier Player

Manduca's penalty looks penalty but it's not a scandal

Zé pedro penalty could go either way

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in