koeman only cares about his public image - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 09:41 Thread Starter
International

koeman only cares about his public image

Jose Mourinho writes a weekly column entitled 'Hotel Chelsea' for the Portuguese sports daily 'Record'.

In this section read a translated summary of Mourinho's fascinating insights .

18 March 2006
Koeman betrayal
At Liverpool Benfica made history. They arrived at Lisbon euphoric, thinking about winning silverware on three fronts. Days later they’ve practically lost the championship and are out of the Portuguese Cup, leaving the Champions League as the only possibility of winning a trophy. However, this door could be closed by Barcelona, Milan or Lyon, if they reach the semi-finals, or in a final which is always unpredictable. An apparently extremely successful season could end up being a season with nothing to show for it.

After the Champions League draw, according to what I read, Benfica decided – and correctly in my view – to opt for silence with regard to the Barcelona tie, in an obvious and intelligent attempt to focus the players’ minds on their immediate aims: winning games in the championship and beating Guimarães in the Cup.

Ronald Koeman broke the “internal concentration pact”. In what I believe was a charm operation, he gave a moving interview to Catalan TV, discussing the tie against Barcelona in every aspect. While the players complied with what had been stipulated, the coach did not respect the squad and opted to promote his personal image.
As for me, as someone who has never worried about “working” my image, I will never change my philosophy: my squads are more important than my image.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 09:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
Mourinho at his best...doing to others what he doesn't like others do to him.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 09:57 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
Mourinho at his best...doing to others what he doesn't like others do to him.
if he didn't like wenger making comments about him or chelsea why is it okay for mourinho to make comments in a column in a newspaper?

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 10:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by liver bird
if he didn't like wenger making comments about him or chelsea why is it okay for mourinho to make comments in a column in a newspaper?
yes, that's exactly what I meant...he is the king of double standards like all twats are

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 11:36
World Class Player

He has a point however.

Agora não, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 11:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I agree on Mourinho's double standards, but in this case he's right on the money. This Koeman is an arrogant d*ckhead who's trying to build a name for himself at the expense of others.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 11:58 Thread Starter
International

I don't see how thats true ,what am I missing what is koeman doing tha is so bad ?
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2006, 12:00
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I was mostly speaking about his time at Ajax. He often put himself before the team by leaving out certain players he didn't like. And he acted like a d*ckhead whenever he was asked to explain his choices.
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 13:42
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
I don't see how thats true ,what am I missing what is koeman doing tha is so bad ?

its pretty public how i dislike mourinho, but he is right on this issue of coz.

even for someone who doesnt follow our league ( and is not aware of the mess he has done with the team since he arrived, and not just tactically and technically)
it should be enough to see that we are struggling in 3rd place in the league, been eliminated from the cup by a team that is fighting not to be relegated, and now he is charming up our future CL opponents, namely by saying how much he would like to be their coach one day

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 14:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I agree that Mourinho has a point and that Koeman is a full blown idiot...BUT...if there is a person, in the international football scene that has absolutely no moral right of attacking anyone and especially of accusing others of promoting themselves above their team that person is the self proclaimed "Special One" who has been doing exactly that during the whole of his career!!! :frustrat:

Nelson Mandela
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 14:06
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

lol yeah i know what u mean, and of coz u are right on that...i cracked up when i read the
" my squads are more important than my image."

he's been building his career based on the image of himself that he projects in the media, that "character" he created for himself

so of coz, thats a lot of hypocrisy coming from him

i mean, even concerning benfica, thats how he acted with us in the 1st place his image 1st, the club 5th or 6th

post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 14:21
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
As for me, as someone who has never worried about “working” my image
:eekani: Not even Mourinho himself believes this line

Koeman has been talking to the Spanish press quite a bit, today saying that Barcelona didn't do enough to sign him as a coach He is in Spain today to attend the mid-week La Liga game, I would hink it is hard to not speak to the press while you are there.

Gràcies Pare, descansi en pau.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 14:33
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by barça

Koeman has been talking to the Spanish press quite a bit, today saying that Barcelona didn't do enough to sign him as a coach
lol unbelievable

i seriously think we should just sack him, i mean players get fines and suspension for things like that

post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 16:05 Thread Starter
International

I suppose I just assume koeman is doing well becos you put us out of the champions league and that you took this form into your league campaign. Anyway thought you might like to know how sissoko is getting on ,he's got 80 per cent of his sight back in his eye apparently and is in the squad tonite to face birmingham in the fa quarterfinals ,there is a rumour he might actually start the match ,what an emotional game that will be for him .
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 16:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I suppose I just assume koeman is doing well becos you put us out of the champions league and that you took this form into your league campaign. Anyway thought you might like to know how sissoko is getting on ,he's got 80 per cent of his sight back in his eye apparently and is in the squad tonite to face birmingham in the fa quarterfinals ,there is a rumour he might actually start the match ,what an emotional game that will be for him .
Being a Liverpool fan myself I am sorry to tell you mate but kicking out Liverpool from the CL is actually not such an enormously hard task these days looking at the way you've been playing in the age Houllier/Benitez.

I'm not taking any credit away from the good campaign of our bitter rivals but if Liverpool would be competing in the Portuguese League playing the way they played against Benfica I think at the moment they would be struggling to get a UEFA Cup place with Braga.

I hope Sissoko gets all his sight back. He is a good player that had the bad luck to meet one of the clumsiest blockheads I've ever seen stepping into a football pitch.

Nelson Mandela
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 17:24 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Being a Liverpool fan myself I am sorry to tell you mate but kicking out Liverpool from the CL is actually not such an enormously hard task these days looking at the way you've been playing in the age Houllier/Benitez.

I'm not taking any credit away from the good campaign of our bitter rivals but if Liverpool would be competing in the Portuguese League playing the way they played against Benfica I think at the moment they would be struggling to get a UEFA Cup place with Braga.

I hope Sissoko gets all his sight back. He is a good player that had the bad luck to meet one of the clumsiest blockheads I've ever seen stepping into a football pitch.

think you're being more than harsh considering liverpool are sitting comfortably third in the premiership which is hardly the weakest league in europe by any means ,you came up against us when we couldn't score at or hit a cows arse with a banjo ,we didn't we do ourselves justice but thats life .

as for houllier and benitez ,they aren't the same ,houllier played counter attacking football and benitez prefers to control the game through the possesion however if you don't score and take your chances you end up squandering all that posession which is what we did against benfica and in the league at the same time in our bad patch.It does seem we have turned the corner since.
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 18:56
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
thats great news

hopefully he will get all his vision back really soon, and it will all be nothing but a past nightmare for him

post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2006, 20:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
think you're being more than harsh considering liverpool are sitting comfortably third in the premiership which is hardly the weakest league in europe by any means,you came up against us when we couldn't score at or hit a cows arse with a banjo ,we didn't we do ourselves justice but thats life.

as for houllier and benitez ,they aren't the same ,houllier played counter attacking football and benitez prefers to control the game through the possesion however if you don't score and take your chances you end up squandering all that posession which is what we did against benfica and in the league at the same time in our bad patch.It does seem we have turned the corner since.
Just a small thing for starters...when you say "you" you should be careful as I am not representing Benfica fans in this nor in any dialogue.

It is true that Benfica was lucky in getting you at a moment that you were playing pure shite in attack but at the same time you have been very lucky last year in scrapping through to win the whole thing so I guess you got a taste of your own poison.

When I put Houllier and Benitez in the same bag I was aware that they have different playing styles but in any case the end result is a very bad impression of what the real Liverpool football style used to be. Besides the results show that unfortunately I am right. Liverpool should be there on the top 3 of the EPL every season fighting to win it and not fighting for a place in Europe.

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 01:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Quote:
Just a small thing for starters...when you say "you" you should be careful as I am not representing Benfica fans in this nor in any dialogue.
Are you also implying that you were wishing for a Benfica defeat?

O GLORIOSO

post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 17:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Are you also implying that you were wishing for a Benfica defeat?
I was not implying anything but if you want to know the truth, yes I would have liked that Benfica would have lost, no doubt about that.

And before you or any of your brothers in arms start shouting histerically I can clarify that I love Portugal and I am really proud when Portuguese football does well abroad but there are things stronger than me and one of those things is never ever supporting Benfica or Porto.

The only time I remember that happening was when Bimbolândia beat Bayern in the European Champions final in 87 in Vienna with Futre and Madjer running the show.

Nelson Mandela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in