Round 23: Guimarães vs Benfica - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 15:23 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Round 23: Guimarães vs Benfica

And off we go to a very important game this afternoon!

its gonna be either hell week or heaven week

im putting my hopes on heaven

the games vs the Pool next tuesday and vs the tripeiros next weekend will be of massive huge importance, but todays, todays ,todays is of no less importance!

its obviously a must must must win, and i hope we have a great game because we will need it....guimarães has a quality team ( in spite of being poorly coached) and is close to the abyss, so they will give it all ...we must be prepared and focused

with miccoli and robert injured and mantorras put aside by our "flaming blonde", these are the players called:

Anderson, Luisão, Léo, Petit, Karagounis, Quim, Alcides, Manuel Fernandes, Beto, Marcel, Simão, Nuno Gomes, Nélson, Manduca, Moretto, Marco Ferreira, Ricardo Rocha ,Karyaka

my eleven:

Code:
             quim

nelson  luisão  anderson    leo

petit     manuel

manduca    karagounis  simão

nuno gomes
lets hope for koeman not to make too many experiences

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!!!

ps: i think the game is at 5pm GMT ...but could be at 6pm, im not sure, and it will be on Sport TV

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 19:33
Rising Star

Teams: Benfica, Portugal NT, Bradford City FC
****ing useless twats. Now, time for our season to completely fall to pieces.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 20:13 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

tbh i got up at 80m and left the living room to make dinner, becoz there is a limit to my patience...and this season its been tested way too many times already

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 21:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Nothing to say realy......the coach is a joke but he is not the only guilty of this situation.........now lets try to find some believe and straight and make a good game against Liverpool and try to finnish the league in second place........
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 21:30
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
I haven't seen the game so i can't comment on what happened, but what seems to be getting obvious is the fact that the team spirit is practically non-existant. Koeman is losing control and when this happens, the players "fazem-lhe a folha".
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 21:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_bEnFiQuIsTa
I haven't seen the game so i can't comment on what happened, but what seems to be getting obvious is the fact that the team spirit is practically non-existant. Koeman is losing control and when this happens, the players "fazem-lhe a folha".
But Koeman is not the owner of Benfica,who is the leader,is not Vieira or Veiga......

And what about the players,go all to hell,i only dont like of my boss,nevertheless i have to work and i dont win 100.000 or 50.000 like that losers....... :irritate: :thmbdown:
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 22:43 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

ok.....

1st of all...koeman did his usual...he always manages to invent something...this time he decided to, god knows why, start marco ferreira...to start with...who the hell hired that player? seriously, im gonna apply to play myself, at least i have better legs

marco is of coz a below average player, and he showed it for all 65m he was on the pitch....for a moment there i thought that he was never being replaced....

then again, koeman seems to believe that nuno is both our striker and playmaker, 2 in one.....im sorry, but as hard as he may work, he is one, not two....and playing with marcel he does have to play for two...marcel, like we say, não engana....he's very poor and very lazy

also would like to know why were there no shots from outside the box when the pitch was in such bad condition...was it the players option? was it lack of orientation from the coach? no idea...

manuel was obviously affraid to catch a yelllow card, that was obvious all game long, that is why i would rather have had a 3rd player playing next to him and petit, rather than a 2nd striker ( specially when that man is marcel....), so that he could play with more confidence and we could actually control the midfield

finally, why is it that every game we get half the team changed? seriously, changing 1, 2...3 players is one thing....5 or 6 players every game is simply absurd, and kills any mechanizations the team might have

having said all that, im not happy at all with the performances of a couple players:
marco ferreira as stated, marcel as stated...and i would like to add ricardo rocha, who had a pathetic game, late on the ball, clueless on high balls, and with an amateurs passing, and simao, who was terrible tonight....i would seriously consider benching him once robert is back, just not starting him....that is not how a captain plays

having said that, leo, petit, luisao, moretto, nelson, nuno gomes were well tonight, or at least tried to get a positive result out of the game

wont comment on manduca since i only seen him on the picth for some 15m, even less for karagounis, becoz i left at 80m

i do think that koeman managed to destroy the teams spirit, no doubt about that, what he did to quim was just the last drop.....i agree that the players are in the "fazer a folha " mood, its been like that for sometime i think. A couple weeks ago i said the lack of respect koeman has showed for the players since he came , was beginning to have reciprocity from the players side....and its showing

quite honestly, i think the title is lost, and i think the 2nd place may be too,and i think we will get our asses kicked next tuesday

ps: yes kleber, i agree....some players are showing lack of respect for the fans, one of which, is simao

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah Inacio that is my point,i know the coach can be just an asshole,but to see performances like Simao and Rocha did today is not only coach fault.......

I said one month ago that Koeman could not leave after the begining of the year but now i realy dont know.......but Vieira is also a shit when it comes to defend his coach,he will go till the end..... :irritate:

Last,Simao,it would be better to see him going in the winter transfer,we lost good money, and especialy he is not the same Simao,he has is head in England already and he is lost his respect for the fans,i still remember very well the Nacional game ..... :depress: :irritate:

Is Koeman the second Artur Jorge of Benfica?????? :eekani: ,i never expect to say this again....... :eekani:

Btw,Inacio was the dinner at least good,i hope so....
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:27 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i can see vieiras point....changing coach at this point, or even earlier in the season, would mean spending money on compensation fee, and eventually hiring another mediocre coach....

but it is very frustrating putting up with this yes, tbh i cant even look at his tomato face these days

simao is being an ass, and imo, at this point we have very lil to lose, so i would bench him after the porto game, if he doesnt change his ways

man lets hope koeman is not the 2nd graham souness

the dinner was good yes, my bro repeated 3 times lol but i didnt have much appetite

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I never liked of Koeman from the beginning,but i never expect that he was so poor.....

So Koeman is better than Artur Jorge for you?

Well here is my ranking of the worst coachs that Benfica had till now:

1-Artur Jorge or Koeman!,amazing PatoRonald,congrats!!!
2-well,it should be Souness.....
3-Toni was very poor in the second time that he was coach of Benfica.....

Well,Autuori,Manuel Jose and Heinckes also have poor records...
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:49 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

PatoRonald

yeah, hes been pior que a encomenda

well...souness did manage to makes end in....6th thats an all time negative record lol

artur jorge was of coz horrible, and the 1st to leave us in 4th! lol

the way he totally destroyed a champions team, and all the crappy players he made us hire...on that issue, he is side by side with sounness...they had both amazing scouting abilities lol

3rd...yeah toni was bad on his 2nd round, but tbh he didnt have much of a team to work with those days...not that he is any good as a coach anyways....so i would stick with artur jorge and sounness as worst coaches ever<

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:52 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

lol yeah manuel jose and heinkes were very poor too...i must say i liked autuori though, he was a good coach imo...only he lacked some players and mostly, he had to face porto in a very particular time lol those were the days when bimbo da costa was running wild and free lol

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2006, 23:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
enough said..

O GLORIOSO

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 00:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

But Inacio, Rei Artur has taken us to the quarter final of the champions league ....also we should remember that Cannigia was in Benfica in that time,and it is not easy to coach a team with Cannigia there!!!! ,there were realy great times.....

Well i can not put Souness at the first place because he has won against Porto in the Luz.....who doesnt remember that?,and Souness also finnish in second in the first year that he was in Benfica,will PatoRonald do that?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 00:21 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

cannigia....raio de luz

yeah its tough between artur and sounness...but really.....6th place takes the cake lol

i hope PatoRonald doesnt come any close to that but seeing how hes been dealing with the issue...and seeing how braga is keeping up, and boavista moving up ......its scary

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 00:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well Benfica will play against Porto and than Amadora away and Naval at home......

Lets see what PatoRonald can do...... ,Braga and Boavista two points behind.....Nacional four.....
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:14
Rising Star

Trapattoni was bad as well, he just somehow.. won the title! :O
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguia
Trapattoni was bad as well, he just somehow.. won the title! :O
PatoRonald is worst than Trapalhadas....
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 01:53
Rising Star

Im not so sure. I mean, yes. I think Koeman has lost the players now, 1 win in 4 is pretty pathetic by the standards we should be setting. But Crapattoni never had us playing well. Never. I have no idea how he got us to the title. If he was in charge this year, we would have bombed out of the CL by now for sure and you could forget about the win in Porto.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2006, 02:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguia
Im not so sure. I mean, yes. I think Koeman has lost the players now, 1 win in 4 is pretty pathetic by the standards we should be setting. But Crapattoni never had us playing well. Never. I have no idea how he got us to the title. If he was in charge this year, we would have bombed out of the CL by now for sure and you could forget about the win in Porto.
What we need is to win games,who cares about good football Aguia......

And of course,Trapalhadas could be a bad coach but at least the players had respect for him unlike PatoRonald....

Of course i dont agree what the players are doing to the coach but after what he did to Quim......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in