-
When?
November 27th
21.15, local time

Where?

Who?
The clash of the league-topscorers Nuno Gomes, with 10, takes on Meyong, with 8

Why?
When two so far rather disappointing sides meet, one of both teams has to increase.

Line-up-proposal:

GK Quim

RB Nelson
DC Luisão
DC Ricardo Rocha
LB Leo

DM Petit

RW Geovanni
MC Manuel Fernandes
LW Simão

FC Miccoli
SC Nuno Gomes

As most of you know I have a soft spot for the side from Belém, thus I feel a bit like there's two hearts beating in my breast here but in the end it's always Benfica that matters most to me so: Força Benfica

Agora não, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2005, 22:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Bier,sadly Quim and Miccoli are injuried,they will not play sunday,and Simao might also not play.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2005, 23:04
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
petit wont play i think, i believe he is punished? i could be wrong but...

quim is injured, so are miccoli and simão and karagounis......

anyways, given the not that many players available, i would try something like this:

rui nereu

nelson luisão anderson leo

manuel fernandes beto

geovanni nuno assis karyaka

nuno gomes

i'm still so upset for the last CL game and the previous 2 or 3 league games that i demand nothing less than a win and a very convincing performance:irritate:

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2005, 23:07 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Oh, did not read the news these days ... hm, so I'd like to see Mantorras on Miccoli's spot and well in goal we have not so many options.
If Simão really can't play, which would be devastating for us, Koeman can play whomever he wants on his position (they're all useless in comparison, means Simão is irreplaceble, take that Liverpool )

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 21:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

30 min.ams still 0-0,btw what a shot some moments ago from a Belenenses he has hit the post!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 22:09
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

apparently koeman has been reading xt he picked up my suggested line-up

well, compared to our last few games...we are playing substancially better, againtsa belenenses that defends with all its men, and tries its luck on counter attack and set pieces...and from one of those, we almost suffered an impressive goal ! that would have been just stunning lol but also very bad luck, as belenenses had done nothing to score

we also hit the post once, so that makes it 50-50

i hope we keep shooting from outside the box, only with more accuracy plez...and we must try and play faster , but overall, large improvement

ah yes, we should have had a penalty over nuno assis, but its pedro proença officiating

i hope we increase speed, and probably i would replace geovanni for helio roque .....

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 22:20 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Wow, Nuno Assis is playing?
Well, then show something in the second half, Benfica!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 22:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well ten minutes to go........ :depress:
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 23:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Time to leave us Koeman,go to hell!!!!!!!!!!,six games without a win. :depress:
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 23:14 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Boring, boring Benfica
Our team seems to be no harm at all when Simão is not with them.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2005, 23:18
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

we played well tonight, so im not upset, just sad

i lost count of how many goal chances we had tonight....

helio roque played quite well, i think he should be chosen over geovanni, alcides was quite well too

mantorras...one word---> useless

nuno assis played quite ok tonight, specially during the 1st half, karyaka should never have been subbed , specially when the alternative was mantorras

nuno gomes, our best man outhere, impressive game from the captain

belenenses played utter crap, and marco aurelio as usual had a 5 star performance

ah yes, we werent called a 2nd penalty during the 2nd half lol i dunno im really fed up with these officiatings, i think we should start playing in black stockings:rollani:

we are 8pts behind...its heavy but, at least i saw improvements tonight, after the miser performances of our last few games...

should koeman stop inventing (he was quite ok tonight imo), and some of our starters get back (we are missing 6), we still can reach 1st place :thmbup:

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 03:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
I really don't know what to say anymore... At this point, I will admit that I was wrong in saying Sporting was in worse shape than us. Sporting and Porto along with everyone ahead of us in the league have been playing better than us in the past few weeks.

O GLORIOSO

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 11:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
It is very interesting to read the match reactions of my fellow benfiquistas to the sixth consecutive winless match of the Koeman Age. Through it one can have an insight of the typical Portuguese football fan...

Kleber, with his typical russian passion, claims the stocky head of the blunt Dutchman.

Bier, in a more cool tone, says nothing more than the truth: his team is dead boring and harmless without their soon departing talisman.

Inácio, a typical temperamental lisboeta, sees good things even in the middle of a shipwreck and complains about the referee.

Finally, O Glorioso, finishes with a touch of clarity even if Monsieur de La Palice wouldn't have said it better...those in front of us are playing better than us.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 13:46
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis

Inácio, a typical temperamental lisboeta, sees good things even in the middle of a shipwreck and complains about the referee.
my dear self proclaimed forum psychoanalyst (apparently :rollani: ) , i am, by nature, an optimistic person, and when i see some sort of an improvement, i point it out...i have already pointed out our recent debilities, so since this time i saw a much more positive performance from our team , when compared to our last couple of games, even if we played last night wihtout half a dozen key players, so i did not hesitate to comment on it.

as for the ref, yes my dear, i will certainly point out that there were 2 penalties not called in our favour, u do know that such "details" decide games, and you yourself don't hesitate to point them out when its your team being harmed

ah yes, if u are planning on writing a book using my comments, let me warn u that the royalties won't come cheap

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 14:54
Star Player

Teams: Benfica
We were missing Quim, Moreira, Simão, Miccoli, Petit, Karagounis, to name a few. How can that not make us weaker?

Belenenses came to the cathedral to grab a 0-0, thus, parking their bus the whole time. When this happens, you won't have a lot of chances so you'll have to be very effective. We weren't last night and that costed us 2 points. Simple as that, it's not Koeman's fault, even though the fact that he insists on playing Geovanni is debatable to say the least.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 14:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
my dear self proclaimed forum psychoanalyst (apparently :rollani: ) , i am, by nature, an optimistic person, and when i see some sort of an improvement, i point it out...i have already pointed out our recent debilities, so since this time i saw a much more positive performance from our team , when compared to our last couple of games, even if we played last night wihtout half a dozen key players, so i did not hesitate to comment on it.

as for the ref, yes my dear, i will certainly point out that there were 2 penalties not called in our favour, u do know that such "details" decide games, and you yourself don't hesitate to point them out when its your team being harmed

ah yes, if u are planning on writing a book using my comments, let me warn u that the royalties won't come cheap
but my dear object of my curiosity, I did not with my message want in any way to criticise you or any of the other red hearted posters. I merely wanted to share with you my morning feeling after reading (amused) your comments to yesterday's game. I understand all the comments made and I even said that I entirely agreed with some of them.

I think you lot are a somehow friendly group of lampiões with the exception of a couple that has fortunately been away from this area of XT for a few days.

What would be the price for your royalties? :nervous:

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2005, 06:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well Filipe at least we are in the european competitons unlike you guys,btw are you following Halmstad in the Uefa Cup or what? ,how does it feel to be eliminated by the worst team of the Uefa group phase so far?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 00:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Well Filipe at least we are in the european competitons unlike you guys,btw are you following Halmstad in the Uefa Cup or what? ,how does it feel to be eliminated by the worst team of the Uefa group phase so far?
low level post that could, if I was a mean person, have a proper answer reminding this young fellow about a certain team called Celta de Vigo or maybe about the name of another portuguese club that this same Halmstad knocked out of Europe 4 or 5 seasons ago...but I won't do it

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 00:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
low level post that could, if I was a mean person, have a proper answer reminding this young fellow about a certain team called Celta de Vigo or maybe about the name of another portuguese club that this same Halmstad knocked out of Europe 4 or 5 seasons ago...but I won't do it
Well you have done that anyway .

And so what?,i use the european competitions topic to explain that we are doing a better season than you guys.
And what about your post of Lampiões,what the hell is that? :thmbdown:
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2005, 10:24 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Cool it down mates. It becomes tiring to see how match-threads constantly go the pretty childish 'My club is better then yours, because I confront you with your clubs latest misfortunes'-way.
You are however not suspected now who started it in this certain case, who bevahed worst and who insulted most, please spare me such ... just cut it please.
Don't get this wrong though, I myself actually support the good tradition that this certain forum has of going off-topic every now and that to have some personal chat or even a bit of teasing, without taking everything too personal and barking back in agressive manner. So if it's always the same kind of disputes I have to witness I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm the only one around who's getting bored by that?
Write with an open hand! (great sentence from my prof)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in