Matchday 12: Braga vs SL Benfica - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 14:09 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Matchday 12: Braga vs SL Benfica

and we almost missed it!!!!

Benfica will play today a key game against Braga, the league sensation so far :eekani:

quim is back simao is back and miccoli is back !!!!!!! although he wont start naturally, as he 's been away for over a month

karagounis has a foot injury and won't be playing.

these are the players called by koeman for the match:

Goalies: Quim , Rui Nereu.

Defense: Anderson, Luisão, Leo, Alcides, Nelson , Ricardo Rocha.

Midfield: Bruno Aguiar, Petit, Manuel Fernandes, Beto, Karyaka, Nuno Assis, Geovanni , Simão.

Forwards: Miccoli, Mantorras e Nuno Gomes.

my starting line-up:

Code:

Quim

Nelson   Luisão   Anderson  Leo

Petit        Manuel Fernandes

Geovanni     Karyaka       Simão

Nuno Gomes

the game will take place tonight at 5pm GMT, damn early!!!!
Sport tv will be broadcasting it

LET's GO BENFICA!!!!!!

FORÇAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BENFICAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 15:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Inacio the game is early becaude of Barça-Real game.

Go go Benfica ,after Spartak qualification today for Cl i need another great result.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 18:01 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

we are winning 1-0 so far

great header from anderson

its been a boring game though..barely any chances from either side, even though benfica is controlling the game....still im not happy about the way we are playing....koeman insists on playing beto on the right wing, and as it happens everytime he plays in that position...he is sucking bad :rollani: so we have no right wing...

geovanni doesnt work well behind nuno...as its been shown before as well....and simao isnt running much, but since leo has been moving up a lot, it sort of compensates it...

and we are clearly missing someone in the midfield ahead of the DMs, and geovanni is not the man for that job..

overall, we really need to take beto out, put geovanni back on the right, and play karyaka in the middle...how hard can it be?!?

i hope that koeman eventually plays miccoli, towards the end of the game (hopefullly we'll be winning comfortably by then ), so that he gains some rythm before the lille game

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 18:04
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Nelson is playing like a beast :fero:

O GLORIOSO

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 18:51 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

and braga makes it 2-1 and i wont even watch the final 2 + xt mins of the game, becoz im too upset

jesualdo is giving koeman a lesson, just like its been happening with every coach in the last few games of ours :rollani:

very well koeman, keeping beto all game long lol miccoli and mantorras in the bench all game long
i seriously wonder whats so special about him :rollani:

anyways, we are 8 pts behind 1st place, we are playing below our abilities , with clear tactical mistakes game after game, and i want to see koeman sacked by christmas , im fed up

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 19:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SPORTING CP & Portugal NT
sometimes there is justice in football

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 19:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Incredible... We were awarded a penalty on a mistaken hand ball call and then we pay for it by conceding a goal that shouldn't been allowed do to an offside call. What's with the officiating in the league?

O GLORIOSO

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 20:24 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

yes the officiating is absurd, i havent seen it, as i had left the room already, but my dad told me that both our penalty and the braga's goal were bad calls...not to mention his various mistakes all game long, both on the discipline and on the technical issues,

seriously, our officiating is an absolute joke and it gets worse every year...and is it me , or the 2nd or 3rd best ref last year ( classified as that anyways), pedro henriques, hasnt been officiating this season?

post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 21:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's very interesting to read the contents of the two (!) comments made by SLB fans about the match this afternoon.

Nothing to say about the way Braga played (they were by far the best team on the pitch and entirely deserved to win the match).

Nothing to say about the 6 (yes, you read it well...SIX!) minutes of added time that this referee invented after Braga scored three minutes from time when nothing justified it.

Nothing to say about Ricardo's...err, sorry Quim's fantastic display on the first Braga goal.

Well, to be honest with Inácio she did mention how once again the Dutch loud mouth Koeman got a tactical and coaching lesson from a Portuguese coach...first Cajuda, then Sousa and now Jesualdo

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Filipe Reis; November 19th, 2005 at 21:56.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 21:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Read where I said "Benfica played better" or even better "Benfica deserved to win" , I pretty sure that you won't find that in either of our posts. It's pretty obvious Braga played well and were the better team today on pitch.

O GLORIOSO

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 21:57
Rookie

Guys any torrent where I can download this game?
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 21:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Read where I said "Benfica played better" or even better "Benfica deserved to win" , I pretty sure that you won't find that in either of our posts. It's pretty obvious Braga played well and were the better team today on pitch.
If you read what I wrote I didn't say you said Benfica played better or deserved to win (that would have been hilarious from you), I simply said there was no mention about how Braga outplayed you but only whinning about the referee.

Nelson Mandela
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 22:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Reis
If you read what I wrote I didn't say you said Benfica played better or deserved to win (that would have been hilarious from you), I simply said there was no mention about how Braga outplayed you but only whinning about the referee.
No, I understood your post. I was just making a simple point that neither of us wrote that Benfica played well or were the better side; so why are you drawing conclusions? Who said we are whinning? I clearly mentioned that Nuno Gomes penalty was the wrong call. Don't come in here and mouth off trying to get one of us to snap back at you and then whine and claim the forum is biased in favor of Benfica.

O GLORIOSO

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 22:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
No, I understood your post. I was just making a simple point that neither of us wrote that Benfica played well or were the better side; so why are you drawing conclusions? Who said we are whinning? I clearly mentioned that Nuno Gomes penalty was the wrong call. Don't come in here and mouth off trying to get one of us to snap back at you and then whine and claim the forum is biased in favor of Benfica.
calm down man, I know it's hard to accept defeat but knowing how to do it with fair play it's also part of the game.

Nelson Mandela
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 22:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Bwhahahahahaha :dielaugh: I'm pretty fine with losing. Unlike some people, I'm not afraid to say that my team sucked and we sucked pretty bad today

O GLORIOSO

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 22:49 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

filipe stop being biased and read properly ok?

wheres the whinning about the ref?

didnt both me and OG said the ref did wrong calls for both teams? that doesnt worry u? to me it does, a lot, for every weak these amount of huge mistakes decides games...

as for the "added" time, it harmed us more than benefited us for christ sake! the penalty was called in "normal" extratime, but braga's goal was not! where do u get it that we were in anyway benefited in this game?!?

And where does any of us say that the ref is to be blamed in anyway for our loss?!?

on braga’s right to win...the 1st half benfica owned the game, the 2nd half was braga's...and nowhere do i say we should have won the game, nowhere, and the reason why i focus my atention on benfica's performance is becoz i am a benfica fan, and benfica's performance is what matters to me! i dont give a rat's ass about what happens in braga!

Most of what i say is even critisizing my team for god sake!

now, i dont owe u or anyone for that matter, a report/comment where i have to comment on the issues u feel like i should comment on!!

Who the hell are u to point out if in my comment I cover issue A, B or C???

ill talk about what i want to talk about, is that clear ?!?!

Last edited by Inácio; November 19th, 2005 at 23:17.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 23:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Bwhahahahahaha :dielaugh: I'm pretty fine with losing. Unlike some people, I'm not afraid to say that my team sucked and we sucked pretty bad today
Well said Glorioso,is realy pathetic to see this Sporting fans always defending Ricardo like he was the best. :thmbdown:

About today game.Koeman go to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!! !!! ,you are even worst than Trapalhadas.

Btw six points behind Porto,Porto is trashed Academica,5-1. :eekani:
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2005, 01:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
filipe stop being biased and read properly ok?

wheres the whinning about the ref?

didnt both me and OG said the ref did wrong calls for both teams? that doesnt worry u? to me it does, a lot, for every weak these amount of huge mistakes decides games...
I am as biased as anybody else in this forum. I defend my team when I think they deserve it and I criticise it when I think they deserve it too. At the same time I reserve myself the right to comment on the way of playing of the teams that I don't like.

You can be sure that I am worried about the refs' mistakes this season and to confirm that in this game I think he actually helped you!
Why?
He gave 6 minutes of totally unjustified added time when he saw that Braga was in the lead, he "saw" a penalty that nobody else saw and in the end it was his linesman that "corrected" the first two mistakes by failing to call a clear offside.
At the end of the day the pressure of Veiga, The Muppet seems to be worth...well, almost in this case

Quote:
as for the "added" time, it harmed us more than benefited us for christ sake! the penalty was called in "normal" extratime, but braga's goal was not! where do u get it that we were in anyway benefited in this game?!?
What do you mean "normal extra-time"? The penalty was scored in the 4th minute of added time when the game didn't have any interruptions that justified it in the 2nd half.

Come on, how many times have you seen this happening in football? When a "big" team is playing a "small" one and needs desperately to score, biased refs always come up with some imaginary extra minutes to give a little help to their friends...

Quote:
And where does any of us say that the ref is to be blamed in anyway for our loss?!?
I did not say that...don't be biased.

Quote:
on braga’s right to win...the 1st half benfica owned the game, the 2nd half was braga's...and nowhere do i say we should have won the game, nowhere, and the reason why i focus my atention on benfica's performance is becoz i am a benfica fan, and benfica's performance is what matters to me! i dont give a rat's ass about what happens in braga!

Most of what i say is even critisizing my team for god sake!
Benfica owned the game in the 1st half??? :eekani: and I'm the biased one in here! SLB went ONCE to Braga's box while they had 3 or 4 dangerous shots during the first half...are you sure we're talking about the same game???

If you only comment about your team and you don't care at all about your opponent's game that will always mean that for you your team only loses because they play badly. In that way of thinking your opponents are never better than your team.

This reminds me very much of the philosophy of "The Special One"...

Quote:
now, i dont owe u or anyone for that matter, a report/comment where i have to comment on the issues u feel like i should comment on!!

Who the hell are u to point out if in my comment I cover issue A, B or C???
That's true but it is my right to comment on your silence (you as a SLB fan and not you as Inácio) as much as on what you say.

Quote:
ill talk about what i want to talk about, is that clear ?!?!
clear as water... BUT as far as I know I'm allowed to comment on other people's posts or is that forbidden in this sub-forum?

Nelson Mandela
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2005, 01:21 Thread Starter
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

i dont think there is really a point in talking to u, because no matter what people say, u are so so so obssessed with getting into an argument with the benfica fans here, that you will always look for an argument even if there is nothing to pick on....

and today, in this thread that was all too clear, as even though both me and OG critized our team, didnt question braga's victory and didnt blame the ref for the deafeat...still, u had to manage to critizise our comments, based on what u did not read, and based on what we did no write about....making ur line of thought worth it of a sitcom

its like we say in portuguese: preso por ter cão e preso por não ter cão

its a pitty, but its the only way you interact, and quite frankly i had enough, so have fun

post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2005, 01:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
i dont think there is really a point in talking to u, because no matter what people say, u are so so so obssessed with getting into an argument with the benfica fans here, that you will always look for an argument even if there is nothing to pick on....

and today, in this thread that was all too clear, as even though both me and OG critized our team, didnt question braga's victory and didnt blame the ref for the deafeat...still, u had to manage to critizise our comments, based on what u did not read, and based on what we did no write about....making ur line of thought worth it of a sitcom

its like we say in portuguese: preso por ter cão e preso por não ter cão

its a pitty, but its the only way you interact, and quite frankly i had enough, so have fun
You are not being fair because I don't think I'm obsessed with picking arguments with anybody in here. The only times that that happened I was not the one to start them.

On the other hand it's true that I like to argue and it's also true that here I am practically the only regular SCP fan so if I don't argue with my good old red rivals who am I going to argue with? To the guy that supports a team like Beira-Mar??...no offense BM, I'm just joking!

I understand how pissed off you must be after what happened today (I would!) and I'm sorry if I poked the dagger of criticism too deep.

Boa noite!

edit: p.s. I hope you don't think I'm being ironic or patronising with this post...I am just being honest.

Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Filipe Reis; November 20th, 2005 at 01:50.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in