Manuel Fernandez - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2005, 08:21 Thread Starter
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Inter
Manuel Fernandez

Whats the scoop on this kid? I've seen him play a few times and I'm very impressed. He is very clam and composed on the ball, he makes smart passes and he scored that cracking goal against Villareal.

Is he considered a wonderkid in Portugal or just an above average young player?

I want info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2005, 12:51
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
yep, thats pretty much him

his name is manuel fernandes btw

he's 19, he 's a former junior of ours ( Benfica) and he had his debut two seasons ago , if im not mistaken he was still 17...

anyways, last year he was a key element on the team, played most games, and as a starter.

this year, he had to undergo a minor surgery during the pre-season so it took him a couple weeks to get back in shape, but once he did, koeman didnt hesitate on playing him on the 1st eleven, and here he is doing the same as he did last year, always in the starting line-up and fundamental for the team's game.

he's definetly a very talented player, very mature on the field ( one would hardly guess his age), with a high workrate, he has good passing and game vision, and he has a strong fairly accurate long shot, which he is improving

also he looks to be handling well the media and fan hype, he is very reserved and he acts like he is just another regular player, which is very good and is allowing him to develop like he is

he is a regular for the U21 NT, and he has already played a few games in the senior team...i'm expecting him to be called for the WC

we had a litle poll here, at the end of last season, on who had been our most important player...i've voted him over simao, so u can see how i rate him and how important his contribution is to the team...if my memory serves me well, most people voted the same....and as you probably know, simao is an absolute key element for our team, so you can see how the kid is important for us

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"

Last edited by Inácio; October 25th, 2005 at 13:00.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2005, 13:24
World Class Player

Pretty much sums it up, Ana.
In addition I'd offer the advice to clubs all over Europe to keep their claws of our golden boy :fero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
if my memory serves me well, most people voted the same
Regarding his nowaday-form, who was the idiot that voted for Geovanni back then?

Agora não, que joga o Benfica! (Deolinda)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2005, 13:45
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier

Regarding his nowaday-form, who was the idiot that voted for Geovanni back then?
if my memory serves me well......an "idiot" with a german accent?

ps: YES HANDS OFF!!!! as far as manuel is concerned u can look but u cant touch

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2005, 15:41 Thread Starter
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Inter
Awsome scouting report, thank you.

I'm e-mailing a copy to Moratti as we speak
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2005, 16:24
Rookie

One of the best holding midfielders in Europe at 19 years of age.

He's a

I hope he doesn't go to Inter to get his career ruined tho

He'd be a perfect fit to take over Keane's spot at Manchester United.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2005, 03:45
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by inacio
yep, thats pretty much him

his name is manuel fernandes btw

he's 19, he 's a former junior of ours ( Benfica) and he had his debut two seasons ago , if im not mistaken he was still 17...

anyways, last year he was a key element on the team, played most games, and as a starter.

this year, he had to undergo a minor surgery during the pre-season so it took him a couple weeks to get back in shape, but once he did, koeman didnt hesitate on playing him on the 1st eleven, and here he is doing the same as he did last year, always in the starting line-up and fundamental for the team's game.

he's definetly a very talented player, very mature on the field ( one would hardly guess his age), with a high workrate, he has good passing and game vision, and he has a strong fairly accurate long shot, which he is improving

also he looks to be handling well the media and fan hype, he is very reserved and he acts like he is just another regular player, which is very good and is allowing him to develop like he is

he is a regular for the U21 NT, and he has already played a few games in the senior team...i'm expecting him to be called for the WC

we had a litle poll here, at the end of last season, on who had been our most important player...i've voted him over simao, so u can see how i rate him and how important his contribution is to the team...if my memory serves me well, most people voted the same....and as you probably know, simao is an absolute key element for our team, so you can see how the kid is important for us
Excellently stated. The only thing I would add (and what impresses me the most about Manny) is how he continuously outboxes bigger players off the ball. He would have made a great small-forward (if he was taller) in the NBA.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2005, 16:48
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

So true

he's our lil midfield giant

i must admit that I thought he was much taller for a while, until the day i saw him next to simão and realised his actual height

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 23:51
Rod
Star Player

He will be one of Europes most sought-after players in 2 years time... because everyone seems to say how huge a talent he is. I never saw anything special in him though, believing a player in his position must be more of a goal-threat... but I'm ready to stay corrected in the future.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 03:48
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
He will be one of Europes most sought-after players in 2 years time... because everyone seems to say how huge a talent he is. I never saw anything special in him though, believing a player in his position must be more of a goal-threat... but I'm ready to stay corrected in the future.
Manuel Fernandes isn't a goal-threat? Go watch his goal against Villarreal.

He's got an amazing long distance shot and in that sense he reminds me of Maniche, but he's clumsy on his tackles which is why I don't know how he became to be a defensive midfielder. He seems relaxed on the ball though, and hardly makes blunders, just clumsy tackling; though in England that'll win him a man of the match award against Chelsea...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 04:13
Rod
Star Player

Yes, a goal against Villareal... just as much as he scored whole of last season if I'm not mistaken.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 20:38
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Yes, a goal against Villareal... just as much as he scored whole of last season if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure he scored more than one goal last season...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in